WWE issued the following press release regarding the debut of Saturday Morning Slam:
The series premiere of WWE Saturday Morning Slam on August 25 (CW, 10-10:30am) was Saturday morning's (7am-12pm) most watched program on CW among total viewers and the following kids demos: Kids under 18, Kids 2-5, Kids 2-11, Kids 6-11, Kids 9-14, Boys under 18, Boys 2-5, Boys 2-11, Boys 6-11, Girls under 18, Girls 2-11, Girls 6-11, Girls 9-14 and Female Teens (F12-17).
It delivered a 0.7 U.S. household rating / 2 share in 747,000 TV households with 1,126,000 total viewers (persons 2+). This household rating is up +75% versus the prior four week time period performance which averaged a 0.4 U.S. household rating / 1 share in 456,000 TV households with 675,000 total viewers.
The top programs among total viewers during the Vortexx block were:
1. WWE Saturday Morning Slam@10am (1,126,000 viewers / 0.7 HH rating)
2. Justice League Unlimited @9:30am (1,003,000 viewers / 0.6 HH rating)
3. Dragon Ball Z Kai @10:30am (841,000 viewers / 0.5 HH rating)
4. Iron Man: Armored Adventures @9am (802,000 viewers / 0.6 HH rating)
5. Power Rangers Lost Galaxy @8am (662,000 viewers / 0.4 HH rating)
6. Yu-Gi-Oh! @11am (661,000 viewers / 0.4 HH rating)
7. Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal @8:30am (631,000 viewers / 0.4 HH rating)
8. Rescue Heroes @7:30am (519,000 viewers / 0.4 HH rating)
9. Yu-Gi-Oh Zexal @11:30am (494,000 viewers / 0.3 HH rating)
10. Cubix @7am (457,000 viewers / 0.3 HH rating)
* WWE Saturday Morning Slam was CW's most watched Saturday morning program since 3/10/12 (Dragon Ball Z Kai @10:30am / 1,140,000 viewers).
* WWE Saturday Morning Slam was CW's most watched Saturday morning program in the time period since 2/25/12 (Dragon Ball Z Kai / 1,196,000 viewers).
* WWE Saturday Morning Slam was the most watched entertainment program on broadcast TV Saturday Morning among total viewers.
* WWE Saturday Morning Slam was watched by more viewers than the following 10-10:30am programs: The Green Lantern on Cartoon Network, Noodle and Doodle on NBC, Little Bear on Nick Jr., Doodlebops on CBS, Pair of Kings on Disney XD and Power Rangers on Nicktoons.
* During the 10-10:30am time-period, WWE Saturday Morning Slam was watched by more Boys under 18 (including the Boys 2-11 and Boys 6-11 demos) than every program on broadcast TV, Nick Jr., Disney XD and Nicktoons.
* WWE Saturday Morning Slam was watched by more Boys under 18 (including the Boys 6-11 demo) than every program on broadcast TV, Nick Jr., Nicktoons, and Disney XD.
* WWE Saturday Morning Slam was watched by more Kids 6-11 than every program on broadcast TV, Nick Jr. or Nicktoons.
* WWE Saturday Morning Slam was watched by more Kids under 18 than every program on broadcast TV or Nicktoons.
WWE Saturday Morning Slam is part of the television premiere of Vortexx on The CW, a Saturday morning kids' television block. This marks the first time, since 2001, WWE has a program in a kids' time slot and reinforces WWE's commitment to kid-friendly entertainment.
WWE Saturday Morning Slam packs the riveting in-ring action, the larger-than-life WWE Superstars, and the WWE's entertaining brand extensions into the fastest, most energy-filled half-hour on television. WWE Superstar profiles, behind-the-scenes footage and an exclusive WWE match every week will all combine to make WWE Saturday Morning Slam the perfect destination for the youngest viewers in the WWE Universe. The show will also include highlights from WWE's Be a STAR anti-bullying campaign and other community initiatives.