Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter
- Here are recent WWE attendance figures:
* RAW on August 30th in Brisbane, Australia did 8,000 fans for $750,000
* RAW on August 31st in Sydney drew 15,000 fans for $1.3 million
* RAW on September 1st in Melbourne drew 14,000 for $1.3 million
* SmackDown on September 1st in Des Moines, Iowa did 4,800 fans for $145,000
* SmackDown on September 2nd in Madison, Wisconsin drew 3,000 fans for $80,000
- Jimmy Fallon's TV company Holiday Road recently pitched a pro wrestling sitcom to NBC. The show is tentatively called Slammed and will be written by Jon Rineman, one of Fallon's monologue writers. It's a workplace comedy show with the workplace being a pro wrestling promotion.
- Alberto Del Rio's brother Guillermo Rodriguez is already getting bad reviews from people in WWE developmental. Word is that he has no clue what he's doing, which could be expected since he's never wrestled professionally before.
Subscribe to The Wrestling Observer by clicking here. Each issue has coverage and analysis of all the major news, plus history pieces. New subscribers can also receive free classic issues.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.