|By Marc Middleton | September 10, 2012 | Comments|
Winners: Kofi Kingston and R-Truth
- We see a replay from last week where Sheamus hit Ricardo Rodriguez with a Brogue Kick. Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler talk about how Booker T came to ban the Brogue Kick on SmackDown. We get footage from Friday's show.
- Sheamus is backstage talking with Bret Hart as we go back to commercial.
- We see footage from earlier today at WWE headquarters. Sheamus is in a room with his lawyer, David Otunga, Ricardo Rodriguez and some other legal types. Sheamus tells a joke and Otunga gets upset. Otunga grills Sheamus about using the Brogue Kick and using it on Ricardo Rodriguez. Sheamus admits he did and says he would do it again. Otunga has a photo of Sheamus kicking referee Chad Patton earlier in the year. Otunga goes on with the deposition but Sheamus is getting bored. Sheamus ends up taking out the camera and singing a song. Pretty pointless segment. Still to come tonight, Otunga vs. Sheamus.
- Cole plugs the Twitter poll for Punk's opponent. Back to commercial.
Eve Torres, Kaitlyn and Layla vs. Beth Phoenix, Alicia Fox and Natalya
Back from commercial and out comes Kaitlyn, Eve Torres and WWE Divas Champion Layla. Eve is trying to play nice and be friends as they head to the ring. Their opponents are out next - Beth Phoenix, Alicia Fox and Natalya.
Kaitlyn locks up with Beth to start the match. Beth rams her back in the corner and elbows her in the face. Kaitlyn turns it around with shoulder thrusts. Kaitlyn counters with a clothesline and a shoulder off the ropes. Kaitlyn hits an uppercut and Beth tags in Natalya. They double team Kaitlyn and Natalya covers for 2. Natalya slaps Kaitlyn and Alicia kicks her in the back. Natalya with another slam and pin attempt. Alicia tags in now.
Alicia with a suplex and a pin. Alicia gets hung up in the corner and in comes Layla. Layla unloads on Alicia and hits a crossbody for 2. Layla kicks Alicia in the face and Eve tags herself in. Eve comes in and kicks Alicia before hitting the neckbreaker for the win.
Winner: Eve, Layla and Kaitlyn
- After the match, Eve celebrates with Layla and Kaitlyn but they're bothered by her stealing the win. Cole and Lawler plug Layla vs. Kaitlyn for Night of Champions.
- RAW General Manager AJ Lee is backstage when CM Punk walks in. He's upset that he has a match tonight and John Cena doesn't. Punk also isn't happy that the fans are picking his opponent tonight. Punk taunts her. AJ says things could be worse. She could make him face Sheamus. She says since he walked out on the people last week, they will pick his fate this week. She walks off and Punk turns around to a smiling Brodus Clay. Back to commercial.
CM Punk vs. Randy Orton
Back from the break and out comes WWE Champion CM Punk to the ring. Michael Cole stands up and announces Punk's opponent - Randy Orton. Orton comes out to a big pop.
The bell rings and they lock up. Punk drops Orton first with a shoulder. They lock up again and Punk with another shoulder. Orton comes back with a big hip toss and sends Punk to the corner. Orton with a headlock now. Punk fights out with knees in the corner. Punk kicks Orton down and stands on him. Punk stomps and hits a backbreaker for a 1 count. Punk with another headlock now. Orton fights out and takes Punk to the corner. Orton goes for a RKO but Punk slides out and goes to the floor. Punk starts walking up the ramp as the referee counts. Orton chases him up the ramp and lays him out. Orton fights Punk back to the ring now.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.
Serena Talks About Showing Up On TNA, New TNA Breakdown Video, TNA Stars On Last Meal
Bray Wyatt's Sister Reportedly Gets A WWE Tryout
Lucha Underground, Live Coverage And Your Feedback
WWE NXT Live Viewing Party
Former UFC Heavyweight Champion Says He'd Be Interested In WWE
Famous Wrestling School Makes Unique Offer To Tough Enough Contestants
WWE Diva Announces Her Retirement