WWE RAW Results - Bret Hart Returns To RAW, New Tag Title Contenders, Jerry Lawler, More
|By Marc Middleton | September 10, 2012 | Comments|
Punk drops Orton over the top coming back in the ring and Orton lands on the floor. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and Punk is working Orton over. Punk with another pin attempt. Punk scoop slams Orton and drops another leg before another 2 count. Punk goes up top for the big elbow drop but Orton kicks the ropes. Orton with right hands while Punk sits up top. Orton climbs up for a superplex and nails it. They trade shots from their knees in the middle of the ring now.
Orton with two clotheslines and a big back drop. Orton goes for the draping DDT but Punk kicks him in the side of the head. Punk springboards in with a clothesline for 2. Punk calls for GTS and waits for Orton to get up. Orton fights out and Punk blocks the RKO. Orton hits the backbreaker and covers for 2. Orton takes Punk back to the apron and hits the draping DDT. Orton readies for the RKO when Dolph Ziggler runs in for the DQ.
Winner by DQ: Randy Orton
- After the bell, Orton powerslams Ziggler and waits for him to get up. Punk attacks but Orton slams him also. Orton waits on Punk to get up but Ziggler attacks him from behind. Punk and Ziggler beat Orton down until Jerry Lawler rushes in for the save. Lawler is in his gear because he was an option to wrestle earlier. Orton and Lawler clear the ring and take the fight to the floor as we go to commercial.
Randy Orton and Jerry Lawler vs. CM Punk and Dolph Ziggler
Back from the break and Orton is in control of Ziggler in the ring. During the break, AJ Lee made the tag match. Vickie Guerrero is at ringside now. Orton fights back and takes Ziggler down. Lawler comes in and hits Ziggler with a dropkick. Lawler with the right hand from the ropes. Lawler hits a second fist and covers Ziggler for 2.
Ziggler dropkicks Lawler and turns it around. Ziggler with an elbow drop and a pin attempt. Ziggler with a headlock as he taunts Orton. Ziggler shoves Lawler over and struts around him. Ziggler with another elbow for 2. Lawler finally hits a backdrop on Ziggler and breaks free. Orton tags in and unloads on Ziggler with clotheslines and a slam. Orton goes for the draping DDT but Ziggler backdrops him to the floor. Paul Heyman comes walking down the ramp. He has a private conversation with Punk at ringside.
Vickie screams at Punk and Heyman about a match being in progress. They ignore her and continue their conversation. Heyman takes the WWE Title and hands it to Punk. We hear them talking about good restaurants in Montreal. The match continues with Ziggler rolling Orton up for 2. Orton hits the RKO and covers for the win.
Winners: Randy Orton and Jerry Lawler
- After the match, Punk and Heyman walk off together, still having their conversation.
- Back from the break and Matt Striker approaches Paul Heyman and CM Punk backstage. Striker asks about their relationship and Punk says he's a Paul Heyman guy.
- We get a sentimental look back at the hugging between Kane and Daniel Bryan last week.
- Kane is backstage with Daniel Bryan. Bryan says he heard Kane wanted to say something. Kane heard the same thing about Bryan. Dr. Shelby, the anger management teacher, appears and then AJ walks in. AJ and the instructor got together and brought them here. Shelby has something planned that might save Kane and Bryan or ruin them. We go back to commercial.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.