|By Marc Middleton | September 10, 2012 | Comments|
Sheamus vs. David Otunga
Back from the break and out comes Sheamus. Cole is quiet as they show graphics on the screen with no commentary. David Otunga is out next.
The match starts and there's no commentary. Otunga takes control and taunts Sheamus, slapping him. Sheamus gets upset and unloads on Otunga, dropping knees and kicking him out of the ring. Sheamus with the forearms on the apron and the Texas Cloverleaf for the submission win. There was no commentary the entire match.
- After the match, we get a glimpse of Cole sitting at ringside. Sheamus comes back to the ring and lays Otunga out with a Brogue Kick. AJ Lee comes out but is quickly interrupted by Booker T. Booker is upset at Sheamus using the banned move. Booker announces that if Sheamus chooses to use the move before his investigation is over, then he will be stripped of the World Heavyweight Title.
- Back from the break and we get a look at what happened with Kane and Daniel Bryan. There's still no voiceovers done. We see a Tout video from Kofi Kingston and R-Truth. They're ready for Kane and Bryan at Night of Champions.
- Bryan and Kane walk into a room where Shelby is backstage. They argue about the match and winning the #1 contendership.
- We get graphics hyping the Night of Champions matches.
- We go back to a shaken up Cole at ringside. He says this is not part of tonight's entertainment. Cole says Lawler has been taken to a local hospital and is receiving oxygen. Cole adds that Lawler is breathing on his own but it's an extremely serious situation. Cole says out of respect, there will be no more commentary tonight.
Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes
We go to commercial as Rey Mysterio makes his way out to the ring.
Back from the break and out comes Mysterio's opponent Cody Rhodes. They go back and forth until Cody hits Rey with several knees to the gut. Cody with a knee to the face and a 2 count. Cody continues the attack until Rey dumps him out to the floor. Rey runs the apron and hits a head scissors on the floor.
They come back in and Cody argues with the referee about the count. Cody stomps away. Cody charges in the corner but Rey moves and he hits his shoulder. Rey with another takedown and the bulldog for 2. Rey with a big kick to the face and another pin attempt. Rey goes to the top for a senton. Cody catches him in a powerbomb attempt but Rey slides out. Rey dropkicks Cody into the ropes. The Miz runs down and Rey kicks him off the apron. Cody takes advantage and hits Cross Rhodes for the win.
Winner: Cody Rhodes
- After the match, The Miz enters the ring and grabs Rey. Cody stops him and drops Miz with Cross Rhodes. Cody grabs the Intercontinental Title and raises it high in the air. Cody throws the belt on Miz and leaves.
- We see John Cena walking backstage as we go to commercial.
- We come back to Cole at ringside. He goes over what happened to Lawler again. Cole reports that Lawler is more responsive but is being held in an isolated emergency room area awaiting a CT scan. Back to a quick commercial.
Cena thanks Bret for the opportunity to be interviewed. Bret says he sees a lot of himself in Cena and a lot of the old Shawn Michaels in Punk. Cena gets boos from the crowd when he goes to speak. A "you can't wrestle" chant breaks out. Cena admits he couldn't even lace Bret's boots. Cena says Punk is nothing but an insecure dude who has to always tell you how good he is. Cena says HBK earned respect because he stood for something. Bret asks Cena what he's going to do to shut Punk up. Bret calls Punk a phony. Punk appears and comes walking to the ramp. Punk has a problem with Bret calling him a phony. Cena chimes in and calls Punk a phony also. Cena says Punk can either stay up there or come to the ring.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.
Rey Mysterio Cruiserweight Division Fading Away After WWE Purchased WCW, Lucha Underground's Talent
Batista On Matt Hardy "Jumping The Shark," TNA Star Gets Lead Role In Series, Tyrus - FOX News Note
How Was TNA Impact Wrestling Viewership With A World Title Main Event, Total Nonstop Deletion Hype?
Vince McMahon Wishes John Cena Good Luck, The Rock "Troops" Behind-The-Scenes Video, WWE Main Event
Who Attended This Week's WWE Tryouts In Australia?
Daniel Bryan Helps Nikki Bella With Her Comeback, GIFs Of Lana Dancing At WWE NXT, WWE Stock Up
Jim Ross Blogs On Lita's WWE Departure, John Cena Not Working A Full Time WWE Schedule, More
Goldberg Added To Another Upcoming RAW, The Miz And Maryse Photoshoot, Zack Ryder Unboxes Playset
WWE NXT Superstar Injured, Reason For Stable Change
Undertaker - WrestleMania Rumor Killer (Updated), Paige's WWE Suspension Ends Today, ESPN Rankings
Finn Balor On Why WWE Star Thought He Didn't Hold Up Belt At SummerSlam, Bullet Club WWE Reunion
Randy Orton On Getting Hurt During Brock Lesnar Match At WWE SummerSlam, If He Agrees With Finish
Why Vince McMahon Has Reportedly Changed His Mind On Indie Wrestling And The WWE Network
Two WWE Stars Out Of Action With Similar Injuries, One Uses A Wheelchair (Video)
WWE Veteran Returning To SmackDown Soon
Paige Cryptic Tweet, WWE Stars On Linda McMahon - Trump, John Cena On SNL Parodying His WWE Career