|By Marc Middleton | September 11, 2012 | Comments|
Alberto Del Rio vs. Tyson Kidd
Back from the break and Tyson Kidd and Alberto Del Rio is up next. Ricardo Rodriguez watches from ringside and he's still wearing the neck brace. They go back and forth for several minutes and Del Rio gets the win.
Winner: Alberto Del Rio
- After the match, Del Rio cuts a promo on Night of Champions.
- We go ringside to a concerned Michael Cole. Cole confirms that Jerry Lawler passed out at ringside several minutes ago and is receiving medal attention backstage. Cole says they are performing CPR backstage as we speak and there will be an update later. Cole is very shaken up as we go back to commercial.
Sheamus vs. David Otunga
Back from the break and out comes Sheamus. Cole is quiet as they show graphics on the screen with no commentary. David Otunga is out next.
The match starts and there's no commentary. Otunga takes control and taunts Sheamus, slapping him. Sheamus gets upset and unloads on Otunga, dropping knees and kicking him out of the ring. Sheamus with the forearms on the apron and the Texas Cloverleaf for the submission win. There was no commentary the entire match.
- After the match, we get a glimpse of Cole sitting at ringside. Sheamus comes back to the ring and lays Otunga out with a Brogue Kick. AJ Lee comes out but is quickly interrupted by Booker T. Booker is upset at Sheamus using the banned move. Booker announces that if Sheamus chooses to use the move before his investigation is over, then he will be stripped of the World Heavyweight Title.
- Back from the break and we get a look at what happened with Kane and Daniel Bryan. There's still no voiceovers done. We see a Tout video from Kofi Kingston and R-Truth. They're ready for Kane and Bryan at Night of Champions.
- Bryan and Kane walk into a room where Shelby is backstage. They argue about the match and winning the #1 contendership.
- We get graphics hyping the Night of Champions matches.
- We go back to a shaken up Cole at ringside. He says this is not part of tonight's entertainment. Cole says Lawler has been taken to a local hospital and is receiving oxygen. Cole adds that Lawler is breathing on his own but it's an extremely serious situation. Cole says out of respect, there will be no more commentary tonight.
Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes
We go to commercial as Rey Mysterio makes his way out to the ring.
Back from the break and out comes Mysterio's opponent Cody Rhodes. They go back and forth until Cody hits Rey with several knees to the gut. Cody with a knee to the face and a 2 count. Cody continues the attack until Rey dumps him out to the floor. Rey runs the apron and hits a head scissors on the floor.
They come back in and Cody argues with the referee about the count. Cody stomps away. Cody charges in the corner but Rey moves and he hits his shoulder. Rey with another takedown and the bulldog for 2. Rey with a big kick to the face and another pin attempt. Rey goes to the top for a senton. Cody catches him in a powerbomb attempt but Rey slides out. Rey dropkicks Cody into the ropes. The Miz runs down and Rey kicks him off the apron. Cody takes advantage and hits Cross Rhodes for the win.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.
Bray Wyatt's First Comments Since Ultimate Deletion, Johnny Gargano Chases Down Tommaso Ciampa, More
Kenny Omega - Young Bucks Documentary, PWG Show Held At A Different Venue, NJPW Dojo Class Photo
Triple H Says WWE Will Keep Close Watch Over Daniel Bryan's Health
WWE Possibly Signing Current Impact Wrestling Star And Top Independent Talent
Tyrus Talks School Shootings And How To Stop Them
Triple H Says Details For Greatest Royal Rumble Event Are Not Yet Finalized
Jimmy Jacobs Says He's Making More Money Now Than Ever
Mickie James Wonders If Nia Jax Is Stalking Her, John Cena Theme Played In New Orleans, Bella Twins
Backstage News On What Daniel Bryan Agreed To In Order To Get Cleared By WWE
Backstage News On Bray Wyatt's WWE Future Following The Great War
Post-WrestleMania 34 WWE Universal Title Feud Revealed, Backstage Update On Samoa Joe's Return
Hulk Hogan Finally Returning To WWE?, WWE Issues Statement And Confirms Recent Talks With Hogan
Triple H Says AJ Styles "Is Working Really Hard" To Rehab Injury In Time For WrestleMania
Kevin Owens Back To Kevin Steen On Twitter, WWE Stage Design Photo News, WWE Scouting NFL Hopefuls
WWE Star On Incident During Flight, Natalya Reveals Details On Special WrestleMania 34 Gear, Cesaro
AJ Styles WWE Status Update Going Into The Weekend