|By Marc Middleton | September 11, 2012 | Comments|
Alberto Del Rio vs. Tyson Kidd
Back from the break and Tyson Kidd and Alberto Del Rio is up next. Ricardo Rodriguez watches from ringside and he's still wearing the neck brace. They go back and forth for several minutes and Del Rio gets the win.
Winner: Alberto Del Rio
- After the match, Del Rio cuts a promo on Night of Champions.
- We go ringside to a concerned Michael Cole. Cole confirms that Jerry Lawler passed out at ringside several minutes ago and is receiving medal attention backstage. Cole says they are performing CPR backstage as we speak and there will be an update later. Cole is very shaken up as we go back to commercial.
Sheamus vs. David Otunga
Back from the break and out comes Sheamus. Cole is quiet as they show graphics on the screen with no commentary. David Otunga is out next.
The match starts and there's no commentary. Otunga takes control and taunts Sheamus, slapping him. Sheamus gets upset and unloads on Otunga, dropping knees and kicking him out of the ring. Sheamus with the forearms on the apron and the Texas Cloverleaf for the submission win. There was no commentary the entire match.
- After the match, we get a glimpse of Cole sitting at ringside. Sheamus comes back to the ring and lays Otunga out with a Brogue Kick. AJ Lee comes out but is quickly interrupted by Booker T. Booker is upset at Sheamus using the banned move. Booker announces that if Sheamus chooses to use the move before his investigation is over, then he will be stripped of the World Heavyweight Title.
- Back from the break and we get a look at what happened with Kane and Daniel Bryan. There's still no voiceovers done. We see a Tout video from Kofi Kingston and R-Truth. They're ready for Kane and Bryan at Night of Champions.
- Bryan and Kane walk into a room where Shelby is backstage. They argue about the match and winning the #1 contendership.
- We get graphics hyping the Night of Champions matches.
- We go back to a shaken up Cole at ringside. He says this is not part of tonight's entertainment. Cole says Lawler has been taken to a local hospital and is receiving oxygen. Cole adds that Lawler is breathing on his own but it's an extremely serious situation. Cole says out of respect, there will be no more commentary tonight.
Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes
We go to commercial as Rey Mysterio makes his way out to the ring.
Back from the break and out comes Mysterio's opponent Cody Rhodes. They go back and forth until Cody hits Rey with several knees to the gut. Cody with a knee to the face and a 2 count. Cody continues the attack until Rey dumps him out to the floor. Rey runs the apron and hits a head scissors on the floor.
They come back in and Cody argues with the referee about the count. Cody stomps away. Cody charges in the corner but Rey moves and he hits his shoulder. Rey with another takedown and the bulldog for 2. Rey with a big kick to the face and another pin attempt. Rey goes to the top for a senton. Cody catches him in a powerbomb attempt but Rey slides out. Rey dropkicks Cody into the ropes. The Miz runs down and Rey kicks him off the apron. Cody takes advantage and hits Cross Rhodes for the win.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.
Shane McMahon Reportedly Tried To Return To WWE Years Ago, Triple H And Stephanie McMahon's Reaction
Disco Inferno On WCW Firing Him For Not Putting Female Star Over, WWE's Idea For Him, WCW's Demise
The Rock Reunites Veteran Couple (Video), AJ Styles & Others Off WWE Live Event, Story Time
How Old Is James Ellsworth Today?, Sasha Banks Reunites With Former Employer, Xavier Woods - Madden
WWE Hall Of Famer Running For Office In 2020
Videos And Photos From John Cena Hosting Saturday Night Live, Cena Plays Donald Trump And Others
Ric Flair Talks About His Legacy, Says His Financial Situation Is Better Than When He Was Wrestling
UFC 206 Results: New UFC Interim Featherweight Champion Crowned
WWE Stars At TNA Wrestler's Wedding (Photos), Randy Orton Milestone, Full RAW Archive On WWE Network
Undertaker - WrestleMania Rumor Killer (Updated), Paige's WWE Suspension Ends Today, ESPN Rankings
Ric Flair On What Is The Biggest WrestleMania Match WWE Can Make
The Bullet Club Announces Its Newest Member
Former WWE Creative Member On Vince McMahon Jobbing Wrestlers In Their Hometown, If It Makes Sense
WWE Changes Major Title Name, Announcer Table Crashes (Video), Alex Riley Meets Up With WWE Star
Big Change In WWE Creative, Eva Marie Photo Shoot, New WWE Performance Center Recruit (Video)
WWE Announces Guest Star For SmackDown