John Cena At NXT Next Week, WWE Pulling 'Edgier' Footage For Linda McMahon's Campaign?
|By Raj Giri||September 14, 2012 | Comments|
* Monday, September 17 from 11 am to 1 pm and 4 pm to 7 pm
* Tuesday, September 18 from 11 am to 1 pm and 4 pm to 7 pm
* Wednesday, September 19 from 4 pm to 7 pm
* Thursday, September 20 from 4 pm until show start at 6:30 pm
- WWE recently announced in a statement that the company will be removing some "dated and edgier footage" from their digital media platforms to better reflect their "current family-friendly brand of entertainment." The company claimed that the footage is being used out of context for political reasons, which damages their corporate reputation.
Democratic U.S. Representative Chris Murphy, who is opposing Linda McMahon for the Connecticut U.S. Senate seat, and his campaign suggested that WWE may be coordinating with Linda McMahon to "cover up her embarrass past."
"This is what Linda McMahon doesn't want Connecticut voters to see: the sum total of her business experience comes from selling explicit sex and violence to children while laying off 10 percent of her workforce and taking multimillion dollar paydays funded by Connecticut taxpayers," Murphy campaign spokesman Ben Marter said to The Associated Press. "But spending millions of dollars on a political image make-over isn't going to fool Connecticut families, and Linda McMahon can't hide from her miserable record of promoting the abusive, demeaning, and degrading treatment of women."
You can check out the full Associated Press article at this link.
Devin Cutting contributed to this article. Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.