|By Marc Middleton | September 22, 2012 | Comments|
I Quit Matches:
* The "I Quit" Match finally makes its long-awaited return! It has been approximately eight years since the match type has been featured in the franchise. The match type has been completely redesigned from top to bottom to provide players with the most authentic representation of the "I Quit" Match ever seen in video game form.
* In keeping with WWE programming, the "I Quit" Match is a 1-on-1, no-holds-barred, anything goes affair. Utilize anything and everything within the in-ring environment to force your opponent to say the humiliating words, "I Quit!"
* When your opponent is in a grounded state, press the B button (Xbox 360 controls)/pin button to summon the referee to the grounded opponent. The referee will kneel down next to the grounded opponent and place a microphone in front of the competitor's face. It's at this point that the "I Quit" mini-game is triggered. Stop the moving cursor within the designated target zone before the words "I Quit" fully materialize on screen to inform the referee of your desire to continue the match. If the opponent is unable to complete the mini-game in time, the opponent will automatically quit the match and be declared the loser. If a Superstar is in possession of a stored finisher icon, it can be used to automatically win the mini-game and continue the match. However, doing so will result in the loss of that finisher icon. This option should only be used when you're at your most desperate.
* When an opponent is in the midst of performing the "I Quit" mini-game, the attacking Superstar can utilize an Intimidation Taunt (by pressing one of the directional buttons on the d-pad) to increase the difficulty of the mini-game. Performing an Intimidation Taunt will cause the mini-game meter to shake, which in turn makes it that much harder for the defender to complete the mini-game in time. Use of Intimidation results in a loss of momentum for the attacker, so think twice before using it. If the attacker doesn't have a sufficient amount of momentum within the meter, the Intimidation Taunt can't be used.
* The "I Quit" mini-game can also be triggered by applying a Breaking Point submission hold on an opponent. Just like in grounded situations, the referee will position himself near the trapped defender wherein he will position the microphone in front of the competitor's face. Complete the mini-game successfully to break out of the submission hold and continue the match. Failure to break out in time will result in a loss.
King of the Ring:
* Create your very own King of the Ring tournament! Players are able to choose the number of participants (4, 8 or 16) as well as the gender of the participants involved (that's right, Divas can also take part in the King of the Ring tournament).
* Players can choose the type of match they'd like for their tournament (normal, backstage brawl, Hell in a Cell, WWE Iron Man, Ladder Match, Last Man Standing, Steel Cage, Submission, Table, TLC and Extreme Rules).
* Participants in the tournament can be chosen by random or selected by the player.
* Each match in the tournament can be simulated or played.
* The King of The Ring tournament can be played solo or with a friend for multiplayer action.
* A special coronation cut-scene is shown for the winner of the tournament.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.
Today In Wrestling History 5/30: Shawn Michaels Fired, Jim Duggan Nearly Dies From Injury, And More
Samoa Joe Note, WWE Diva With NXT Star At Live Event, Steamiest Love Triangles, WWE In Greensboro
WWE Announces Guest Host For Upcoming RAW
Shaq On How Long He Could Last With Ronda Rousey, UFC Raises Minimum Fight Pay, UFC 188 Trailer
WWE Live Event Results From Raleigh (5/29): John Cena Cage Match Headlines, Rusev's Replacement
The Rock's New Movie Exceeds Expectations, Is Set To Be His Biggest Opener
Neville On If He Misses NXT, Wanting Match With Daniel Bryan, His Ambitions
Brock Lesnar Working First House Show In Eleven Years, Opponent Revealed
Brock Lesnar Returning To WWE Television
Possible Replacement For Rusev At WWE Elimination Chamber, Backstage Notes On His Injury
More On Kevin Owens Moving To Main Roster, His NXT Status
Former WCW Tag Team Champion Signs WWE Legends Deal, Talks Infamous Shockmaster Incident