No Developmental Deal Between WWE And AJPW, Recent WWE Attendance Figures
|By Marc Middleton | September 26, 2012 | Comments|
Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter- Here are some recent WWE attendance figures:
* RAW on September 21st in State College, PA drew 4,500 fans for $142,000
* RAW on September 22 in White Plains, NY drew a sellout of 4,200 fans for $220,000
* SmackDown on September 22nd in Sarnia, Ontario drew 2,000 fans for $70,000
* RAW on September 23rd in Worcester, MA drew 5,000 fans for $110,000
* SmackDown on September 23rd in London, Ontario drew 3,000 fans for $110,000
- Apparently there isn't much to the WWE-All Japan story that was originally reported in the Japanese media last week. It's really just that AJPW officials took John Laurinaitis out to dinner back in August and pitched him the idea of making AJPW a WWE affiliate. By that point, Laurinaitis had already lost all of his power within WWE. WWE hasn't been in the habit of supporting or buying foreign wrestling companies.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.