WWE RAW Results - Vince McMahon Returns To Action, Larry King And His Wife Appear, More
|By Marc Middleton | October 08, 2012 | Comments|
Winners: Team Hell No
- More hype for Vince vs. Punk. Jim Ross is backstage with Vince McMahon now. Ross talks about the JR Appreciation segment from after RAW last week. Ross said Vince called him a friend and Ross doesn't want Vince to fight Punk tonight. Ross brings up what happened to Jerry Lawler after he faced Punk. Vince wants Ross to call his match tonight. Vince has Ross do some play-by-play right now and Vince likes it. Ross says Vince is making a mistake. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and Larry King is out set up on the stage with his wife and Larry King Now co-host on Hulu Plus. The music interrupts and out comes WWE Intercontinental Champion The Miz. Miz talks about it being his birthday. Miz wants Larry and his wife to sing happy birthday to him. King says nobody cares if it's Miz's birthday. King says he's going to replace a boring guest with a new guest and out comes Kofi Kingston.
Kofi comes out and takes a seat. He talks about doing media for WWE and Miz cuts him off. Miz insults King and Kofi. Miz insults King and tells him to get off the stage. Miz goes no and King's wife stands up. She tosses water in Miz's face. Kofi attacks Miz and tosses him off the stage. Kofi leaps off the stage and takes Miz out. They brawl into the back as King and his wife wave goodbye to the fans.
- Still to come tonight, Punk vs. Vince. We get plugs for WWE '13 before going back to commercial.
Tag Team Tournament Match: Zack Ryder and Santino Marella vs. Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow
The team of Zack Ryder and Santino Marella are out first followed by Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow. Cody starts things off with Ryder and takes control. Ryder with an early pin attempt. And another. More offense and another pin attempt from Ryder. Sandow tags in, drops Ryder and works him over for a 2 count. Double teaming and more offense from Sandow and Rhodes.
The end comes when Cody blocks the Cobra and hits a Disaster Kick for the win. Rhodes and Sandow advance to the finals.
Winners: Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow
- After the match, Rhodes and Sandow leave. Heath Slater, Jinder Mahal and Drew McIntyre come out. They count to three before attacking both men. They dump Ryder out of the floor before stomping away on Santino and trying to act like rock stars.
- Vince is backstage warming up when Paul Heyman walks in. He's here to apologize for Punk's action. Heyman said he knew nothing about the challenge or the slap. Heyman wants to broker the peace between Vince and Punk. Vince asks if Heyman even knows when he is lying or telling the truth. Vince says Heyman has been poisoning Punk's mind for years. Heyman says he's here for Vince's sake, not Punk's sake. Heyman begs Vince to not let Punk do to him what Brock Lesnar did to Triple H. Heyman walks off.
- WWE Divas Champion Eve Torres is headed to the ring as we go to commercial.
WWE Divas Title Match: Kaitlyn vs. Eve Torres
Back from the break and Layla is on commentary. WWE Divas Champion Eve Torres makes her way out. Kaitlyn is out next. This is her title shot from Night of Champions.
The match starts and Kaitlyn unloads on Eve. Kaitlyn with an early pin attempt. Kaitlyn continues and goes for another pin attempt. Kaitlyn lifts Eve up on her shoulders for a backbreaker submission. Eve counters and takes out Kaitlyn's leg. Kaitlyn comes back with another backbreaker but her ankle goes out. Eve takes out the leg again and goes to work on it. Eve stands on Kaitlyn's injured ankle and continues the attack on it.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.