Recent WWE Attendance, Update On Cena's Status For Hell In A Cell, Gewirtz News, More
|By Marc Middleton | October 10, 2012 | Comments|
Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter- One of the reasons Brian Gewirtz is being kept around as a consultant is because he writes creative for The Rock.
- Here are some recent WWE attendance figures:
* RAW on October 5th in Everett, Washington drew 5,000 fans for $200,000
* RAW on October 6th in Yakima, WA drew 3,800 fans for $100,000
* SmackDown on October 6th in Anaheim, California drew 3,800 fans for $200,000
* RAW on October 7th in Spokane, WA drew 3,500 fans for $125,000
* SmackDown on October 7th in Reno, Nevada drew 2,200 fans for $65,000
- We noted before that WWE live event head Raphael Morffi has been let go. He had been promoting live events in the Northeast. That job is now done by John Porco, who has worked with WWE for a long time. Morffi was considered a Shane McMahon guy and had a very good reputation in the New York sports community. It's said that Stephanie McMahon and Triple H are bringing in new executives, largely with experience with major sports organizations.
- John Cena has very limited usage of one of his arms because his recent surgery was more extensive than expected. Cena is doing everything he can to be ready for Hell In a Cell but several people in the company note that it is far from a lock. The decision will be made this week whether Cena will be ready or not.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.