Austin's Show Premiere, 'Mania Makes Big Money For FL, Punk And Austin Get Heated (Video)
|By Raj Giri||October 15, 2012 | Comments|
"We are thrilled that Miami and the state of Florida were the recipients of WrestleMania's largest economic impact ever. This result is a testament to that community's hard work and extensive planning," said John P. Saboor, Senior Vice President of Special Events for WWE. "We now turn our focus to the New York/New Jersey region for what will assuredly be a historic WrestleMania 29."
A capacity crowd of 78,363 fans from all 50 states and 36 countries attended WWE's pop-culture extravaganza this past April. Key highlights from the study include:
* $102.7 million of direct, indirect and induced impact derived from spending by non-locals visiting specifically for WrestleMania XXVIII.
* 71% of fans that attended WrestleMania were from outside the Miami area and stayed an average of four nights.
* The economic impact derived from WrestleMania Week was equal to the creation of 1,020 full-time jobs for the area.
* $6.9 million was spent by non-locals at Miami and Miami-Dade County restaurants.
- The second season of Steve Austin's Redneck Island will premiere on CMT on Saturday, November 10th at 9pm ET.
- Speaking of Austin, the following video was posted by WWEGames of Jim Ross asking CM Punk and "Stone Cold" Steve Austin about a potential match:
Axel Montalvo contributed to this article. Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.