WWE RAW Results - AJ Lee Resigns, Largest Lumberjack Match In RAW History And More
|By Marc Middleton | October 22, 2012 | Comments|
Kane vs. Big Show
Back from commercial and they're going at it. Show hits a big spear on Kane. Kane fights back but Show beats him down in the corner as Bryan looks on from ringside. Kane fights back with right hands but Show scoop slams him. Show with another and a 2 count. Show with a bearhug now.
More back and forth. Kane fights out of the corner with right hands. Show fires back with shots of his own. Kane hits a big DDT and covers for 2. Kane comes off the top with a big shot and covers for another 2 count. Rhodes and Sandow come down the ramp for a distraction which leads to Show getting the win.
Winner: Big Show
- After the match, Rhodes and Sandow beat Bryan down at ringside and bring him into the ring. They hit Cross Rhodes on Bryan while Kane is still laid out.
- Santino Marella is backstage with AJ. He thinks she did a good job. John Cena walks up and Santino leaves. Cena says if he can ever do anything for AJ, just let him know. AJ says she did a lot of things she should have been fired for but not this. AJ brings up Vickie saying she had an affair. Cena offers to get to the bottom of it, or something. AJ says it was Cena. She didn't want to drag his name into this. Cena says they had a business dinner once and that was it... how can someone make something out of it? AJ says someone went to the Board and now it's a mess. She thinks it was Vickie. AJ starts crying and Cena hugs her. Cena says he will take care of it and we go to commercial.
- Back from the break and John Cena catches up with Vince McMahon. He's upset about the whole AJ and Vickie thing. Vince says this isn't the time or the place. Cena tells him to cut the corporate crap. Vince says there was some incriminating evidence. Cena says it was just a business dinner. Vince says Vickie getting the job is likely an interim thing but it is what it is. Vince gets in his limousine and drives off.
Alberto Del Rio vs. Zack Ryder
Alberto Del Rio is being introduced by Ricardo Rodriguez as we go back to the ring. Zack Ryder waits in the ring and gets beat down as soon as the bell rings. Del Rio unloads and applies a submission. Ryder fights out with a roll up but Del Rio drops him for a 2 count. Del Rio takes Ryder back to the mat.
Ryder looks to make a comeback with knees in the corner. Ryder misses the Broski Boot and Del Rio goes to work on his arm. Del Rio ends up getting the win with the cross armbreaker.
Winner: Alberto Del Rio
- After the match, Del Rio takes the mic and addresses Randy Orton. Del Rio says he will cut Orton's head off at Hell In a Cell. Del Rio puts the armbreaker back on Ryder as Ricardo screams his name.
- Cena confronts Vickie Guerrero backstage. Cena calls her a backstabbing liar. Vickie says Cena's little girlfriend AJ can't keep business from pleasure. Cena says it was just a business dinner. Vickie says Cena asked AJ out on RAW, went out with her and now AJ got what she deserved. Vickie says Cena cost AJ her job. Cena walks off.
- Still to come, over 30 Superstars will surround the ring for the largest Lumberjack Match in history for the main event. Back to commercial.
- Josh Mathews is backstage with Dolph Ziggler. Ziggler is happy about his victory earlier but brings up the AJ situation. He says one person is really to blame for all this and that's John Cena.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.