WWE Hell In A Cell: Pre-Show, Randy Orton Vs. Alberto Del Rio
|By Marc Middleton | October 28, 2012 | Comments|
- Striker and Stanford plug the Twitter war between Cena and Vickie Guerrero this past week. We go to the ring where Michael Cole is. He brings out John Cena.
Cena and Cole take a seat in the ring and Cole starts talking about the AJ controversy and Vickie promising to bring evidence to RAW. Cena says Cole smells like sewage. We get the first Twitter question about Cena passing of the torch to Ryback. Cena says there is no torch but Ryback is a monster and he's looking forward to seeing what he does in the Cell. Next up is a Tout video from a fan. The fan asks Cena is he has advice for Ryback going into the Cell against CM Punk. The next Twitter question asks if Cena can beat Ryback. Cena asks the fans if they think he can beat Ryback and he gets a mixed reaction. Cena throws his hat in as the first to challenge Ryback if he wins the WWE Title tonight. Another question brings up The Rock and Cena says he wants another shot at The Rock, issuing another challenge.
They air a tout from Dolph Ziggler. Ziggler wants Cena to tell the truth about what's going on. Cena says he knows Ziggler is in the back and calls him to the ring. Cole leaves and Ziggler's music hits but out comes Vickie instead. Vickie enters the ring and says Cena is just mad because he got caught with his hands in the cookie jar. Ziggler tries to attack from behind but Cena sends him right back to the floor with a clothesline.
- More hype from Striker and Stanford for tonight's pay-per-view. We get a promo video for Big Show vs. Sheamus.
- Josh Mathews is backstage with World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus. Sheamus says tonight's match might be the biggest of his career so he's not surprised he's the underdog. Sheamus guarantees two things - he will never back down for a fight and tonight he has a Brogue Kick with Show's name on it.
- More hype for tonight including a promo video for CM Punk vs. Ryback.
- The 2012 WWE Hell In a Cell pay-per-view opens with a hype video for tonight's big matches. We're live from the Philips Arena in Atlanta, Georgia as the pyro goes off and Michael Cole welcomes us to Hell In a Cell. He's joined by Jim Ross and JBL. We see the Cell hanging high above the ring.
Alberto Del Rio vs. Randy Orton
We go to the ring for tonight's opener as Ricardo Rodriguez begins to introduce Alberto Del Rio. Out next comes Randy Orton to a big pop.
The bell rings and Orton strikes with a knee. Orton unloads on Del Rio and takes him to the corner. Orton tosses Del Rio out to the floor and follows with a clothesline. Orton slams Del Rio's face into the announcers table and then sends him face first into the ring post. Orton brings it back into the ring and stomps away. Orton keeps control and beats Del Rio down in another corner. Ricardo distracts and Del Rio sends Orton into the ring post and then the floor. Del Rio works Orton's arm over on the floor now.
Del Rio brings it back in the ring and continues working on Orton's arm. Orton fights back but Del Rio beats him down. Del Rio goes to the top but Orton fights him off. Del Rio blocks and applies an armbreaker with the ropes. Del Rio breaks the hold and sends Orton shoulder first into the ring post. Del Rio charges with a big kick to the back and continues the assault. Del Rio with a takedown and a 2 count. Orton turns it around in the corner for a close roll up 2 count. Del Rio comes right back to work on Orton's arm and gets in a pin attempt. Del Rio goes on and uses the ropes again for another arm submission. Orton tosses Del Rio to the floor this time.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.