|By Marc Middleton | October 31, 2012 | Comments|
Source: JR's BBQWWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross is back with a new blog over on jrsbarbq.com. Here are some highlights:
- Unique crowd in Atlanta on Sunday and not the typical Hotlanta grouping. Either we did not provide what they wanted to see or they, as a group, didn't connect to the show. Nonetheless, for me it is always good to work in a city where I enjoyed living for so long and in a market that has created so many memories for yours truly.
- Certainly the 'rogue referee' Brad Maddox story has folks talking and it will be interesting to hear what Maddox has to say at some point in the future which might be this Monday in Birmingham, England on RAW where I will travel to assist Michael Cole before the King returns to the announce table the following week in Columbus, Ohio. The British fans, really all the fans in that part of the world, are generally some of the most enthusiastic and loud fans that we experience which naturally helps make any broadcast better.
- I'm liking the evolution of the tag team scene in WWE and expect to see several teams continue to develop and get more involved in the TV product as time goes on especially over the next few weeks.
Team Rhodes Scholars, in particular, has the chance to become a really viable duo from where I sit.
- Great seeing Adam Copeland aka Edge for a few minutes Monday afternoon in Charlotte. Adam had just returned from a UK trip and dropped by to say hello to his many friends within WWE. He looked great, even well rested coming off a long flight, and was, as always, in great spirits. Great example of what passion and hard work will do for a lifelong fan of the genre who grew up in Ontario and currently resides in the Asheville, NC area. Adam will always be one of my absolute favorite signees and the WWE HOFer is a credit to the business. Plus, he's hooked on JR's Chipotle Ketchup!
- Pleased that WWE is having a traditional, Survivor Series Elimination tag team bout, Team Foley vs. Team Punk, as a feature attraction/main event at the Survivor Series this year in Indianapolis. I've always enjoyed seeing multiple conclusions and how teams respond to being a "man down" or more as these bouts progress. Elimination tag bouts are not used that much during the year so seeing a well promoted, main event level one at Survivor Series is encouraging to this fan.
Much more is contained in Ross' latest blog, you can check out the full entry by clicking here. Also, don't forget to order some of JR's BBQ Sauce, which is great for the kitchen and the grill, at WWEShop.com by clicking here.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.
TNA Talents Upset Over Fan Access Before Today's Bound For Glory Pay-Per-View
TNA Bound For Glory: Trevor Lee And Brian Myers Vs. The Wolves (Tag Team Title Match)
TNA Bound For Glory: Bound For Gold Gauntlet Match
TNA Bound For Glory: Ultimate X For The TNA X Division Title
Mt. Killamanjaro: WWE Live From Madison Square Garden Review
TNA Bound For Glory Live Results And Your Feedback
UFC Responds To Allegations Of Drug Test Cover Up, Bonuses, Extended Ronda Rousey - Holm Promo
WWE "Live From MSG: Lesnar Vs. Big Show" Results - Steel Cage Match, Team PCB, Kane, More
Why John Cena Is Taking Time Off, Top WWE Star And Hall Of Famer Added To Tour, Daniel Bryan Removed
Finn Balor Responds To CM Punk's Balor - Grado Comment, WWE NXT Attendance Note, Birthdays
Final Card For Tonight's Live WWE Network Special From MSG, Live Coverage Reminder
Scott Hall Talks Being "Uncomfortable" After WWE Return, Giving Sting His "Crow" Gimmick, Drug Abuse