|By Raj Giri||November 01, 2012 | Comments|
Live and Televised Entertainment
Revenues from our Live and Televised Entertainment businesses increased 1% to $79.0 million reflecting increased merchandise sales at our live events and incremental Pay-Per-View revenue from the strong performance of our SummerSlam event.
* Live Event revenues were $22.8 million as compared to $23.0 million in the prior year quarter as increases in average attendance and ticket prices at our events in domestic and international markets were offset by a reduction in the number and mix of international events.
- There were 77 total events, including 70 events in North America and 7 events in international markets, in the current quarter as compared to 79 events, including 64 events in North America and 15 events in international markets in the prior year quarter.
- North American events generated revenues of $17.0 million as compared to $14.2 million in the prior year quarter, with growth of $2.8 million reflecting increases in the number of events, average attendance and average realized ticket price. There were 6 additional events in the period, representing a 9% increase from the prior year quarter. Average attendance increased 6% to approximately 5,200 from 4,900 in the prior year quarter. In addition, the average ticket price for these events increased 3% to $42.73 from $41.34 in the prior year quarter.
- International events generated revenues of $5.8 million as compared to $8.8 million in the prior year quarter as the impact of fewer events in the period more than offset increases in average attendance and in the average realized ticket price. There were 8 fewer events in the period, representing a 53% decline from the prior year quarter. Average attendance increased 17% to approximately 8,400 from 7,200 in the prior year quarter. In addition, the average ticket price for these events increased 23% to $98.23 from $80.08 in the prior year quarter. The increases in both average attendance and average ticket price reflected, in part, changes in territory mix as events in the current year quarter were concentrated in cities with greater economic strength than in the prior year quarter.
* Pay-Per-View revenues were $16.3 million as compared to $15.8 million in the prior year quarter. Revenue increased 3% as a 13% increase in buys for our third quarter events was partially offset by the timing of buys for prior period events. The growth in buys for our current quarter events was predominantly due to our SummerSlam pay-per-view. Buys for that event increased 21% from the prior year quarter, demonstrating its creative strength and audience appeal. Offsetting this performance, buys for WrestleMania, a prior period event, declined 63,000 primarily due to timing. On a year-to-date basis, buys for this premiere event remained 8% above the prior year period.
* Television revenues were $34.0 million in both the current and prior year quarter. Incremental license fees from the production and distribution of new programs and contractual increases for our existing programs were offset by the timing and number of domestic SmackDown and international telecast weeks within our fiscal quarter (i.e., 13 telecast weeks compared to 14 in the prior year quarter), and by a reduction in sponsorship revenue related to our television assets. An additional hour of our weekly Raw program was licensed to USA Network and debuted on July 23, 2012.
* Venue Merchandise revenues were $4.5 million as compared to $3.6 million in the prior year quarter. The 25% increase was primarily due to a 26% increase in total domestic (U.S.) attendance. Domestic per capita merchandise sales increased 1% to $10.28 in the current year quarter.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.
Young Bucks On Bullet Club Members Moving To WWE, Failed TNA Run, Booker T Incident, No WWE Offer
WWE Fans On If They Respect Roman Reigns As Champ, Chris Jericho Talks MITB & More, GoFundMe
What Happened After Last Night's WWE RAW With Kevin Owens And Roman Reigns? (Videos)
Seth Rollins WWE 24 Special Set For Next Week, Kevin Owens Talks 2016 And MITB, Fans On RAW
Cesaro Says He Will Always Deliver (Video), WWE Tapings Tonight, Dean Ambrose Talks Ladders (Video)
Kevin Owens Explains Bad Restaurant Experience After Story Mentioned On Podcast
Vince McMahon And Shane McMahon WrestleMania 32 Photo, Sami Zayn Talks MITB, Emma On Dana Brooke
WWE Money In The Bank Updated Card
WWE Extreme Rules Results - Title Change, Huge Return, Roman Reigns Vs. AJ Styles, More
WWE Monday Night RAW Results - Seth Rollins Returns, MITB Qualifiers, Charlotte Turns On Dad, More
Possible Huge WWE Extreme Rules Spoiler
Backstage News On Cody Rhodes' WWE Release, Dropped Angle, Split Not Being Amicable
Cody Rhodes Issues Statement On WWE Release, Creative Frustration And Not Wanting To Be Stardust
Seth Rollins Returns To WWE TV (Photo, Video)
Seth Rollins Tweets, Bubba Ray Dudley Addresses Roman Reigns Chants, WWE Money In The Bank Promo
WWE Extreme Rules: AJ Styles Vs. Roman Reigns (WWE World Heavyweight Title Match)