|By Marc Middleton | December 16, 2012 | Comments|
Winners and New #1 Contenders: Damien Sandow and Cody Rhodes
- After the match, officials and Rey check on Cara while Rhodes and Sandow celebrate in the ring.
- We get a video from earlier today from The Shield. Tonight, they're going to feed Ryback more than he can take. They also have doubts about how much of a team Kane and Daniel Bryan are. They call them a disgrace to all tag teams and say it's an injustice.
WWE United States title Match: r-Truth vs. Antonio Cesaro
We go to the ring and out first comes WWE United States Champion Antonio Cesaro. R-Truth is out next. Back and forth to start the match. Cesaro takes control and gets the first pin attempt. Cesaro with a headlock now. Truth turns it around and takes Cesaro to the mat.
More back and forth action. Cesaro with a submission now. He keeps it locked for several minutes as the crowd boo's and Truth struggles to get out. Cesaro takes Truth to the turnbuckles but Truth hulks up and fights back. Truth drops Cesaro twice and hits the big elbow off the ropes. Truth with a kick and then the scissors kick. Truth covers for 2. Cesaro looks to come back but Truth kicks him in the jaw for a close 2 count.
Cesaro comes back again. Cesaro hits an uppercut from behind and then the Neutralizer for the win.
Winner: Antonio Cesaro
- After the match, Matt Striker interviews Cesaro in the ring about the fans reaction to him. Cesaro says unlike America, he is an international superpower. Cesaro says he is the greatest US Champion in history. Cesaro says fans are booing their own country when they boo him. Cesaro goes on before hitting the turnbuckles with his title.
- We get a video for WWE's Tribute to The Troops.
- Josh Mathews is backstage with Dolph Ziggler. Ziggler talks about how tonight's match doesn't make sense. He wants Cena's career to be over if he wins tonight. Ziggler is actually glad about the match tonight. Ziggler says everything changes tonight.
- We go to the ring and out comes The Miz for another episode of MizTV. Miz brings out his guests - Heath Slater, Drew McIntyre and Jinder Mahal of 3MB.
Slater isn't happy about Miz calling them a trainwreck. McIntyre disses Jay-Z. Slater knocks the Rolling Stones. Slater says tomorrow night at The Slammys, they will be performing live. Mahal picks a fight with the Spanish announce team. 3MB go down and surround them. Slater says in this country, we speak American. Drew shoves one of the announcers into the other. Ricardo Rodriguez comes down and tries talking to 3MB. They push him up against the apron and rough him up. Alberto Del Rio runs down and takes out all three members of 3MB. Del Rio unloads on them until they get the triple team in. They come in the ring and Miz helps Del Rio. They clear the ring of 3MB. Miz and Del Rio are going to find a partner to face 3MB later tonight.
- Kane and Daniel Bryan are backstage. Bryan talks about "Feed Me More" and says he hates it when someone repeats themselves over and over again. Kane asks if he's kidding. Kane doesn't care what Ryback says, what's important is what he does. Kane says bodies will be broken tonight but they will be the ones who do the breaking. Kane says if Ryback is hungry, they will feed him The Shield. Bryan chants yes over and over.
- Matt Striker is backstage with Wade Barrett. Barrett is confident that he will beat Kofi Kingston tonight. Barrett says he will mute Kofi tonight.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.
Backstage Talk On Patrick From WWE Tough Enough, More On Why WWE Added Brock Lesnar To Live Event
Bob Orton, Greg Valentine, Paul Orndorff Talk To Bill Apter About Roddy Piper's Death
Backstage Notes On Steve Austin's Paige Interview, Possible Name For NXT Tag Team, Super Calo
Sheamus And Other WWE Talents Respond To Dana White's "Fake" Comments, More From White
Photo: WWE Stars Form New "Heel Fitness Freak" Team
Final Piper's Pit Segment To Be Released, Punishing WWE Powerslams, WWE Legend Turns 58
WWE Live Event Results From Ontario (8/1): Big Steel Cage Main Event, MizTV, Cesaro, Divas, More
Breaking News: "Rowdy" Roddy Piper Dead At 61
Rob Van Dam Confirms His WWE Status, Comments On Possibly Retiring From The Ring
WWE Officials Reportedly Want Tough Enough Competitor To Be Eliminated Next Tuesday
UFC 190: Rousey Vs. Correia Recap: Ronda Rousey Continues To Make History
Undertaker Rumor Killer, Early Brock Lesnar Vs. Undertaker Betting Odds, Mascot No-Sells Kevin Nash