- On January 5th, for the first Ring Of Honor TV tapings of the New Year in Baltimore, ROH Match Maker Nigel McGuinness has announced the return of the Top Prospect Tournament, last seen in 2011. Eight Wrestlers will compete in the single elimination tournament. As we previously reported, ACH and QT Marshall have been announced as the first two competitors. Tickets are on sale now.
- Announced for the January 18th ROH Live Event in Dearborn, Michigan, Rhino will go one on one with Michael Elgin. Currently, there are lots of unanswered questions with how Rhino fits in with S.C.U.M. Elgin however, just wants to defeat anything standing in his path to another confrontation with Roderick Strong. Tickets are on sale now.
- When it comes to Rhino and S.C.U.M., his role is, as previously stated, largely unknown. Fans of ROH will know the extreme history between Rhino and Steve Corino. Some think Rhino is being paid to protect S.C.U.M., others think that Rhino has volunteered his services and others think that Rhino is officially the fourth member of the group. Fans should know sooner than later what is going on.
- As a result of his Survival of the Fittest win, Jay Lethal promised he would bring the fight to ROH World Champion Kevin Steen at Final Battle 2012. Obviously, that did not happen. Lethal however, did spit in the face of ROH Match Maker Nigel McGuinness, which caused McGuinness to have Lethal removed from the building. McGuinness then later announced that Lethal would not be suspended for his actions. However, ROH officials plan on increasing security at the January 5th TV tapings.
- Nigel McGuinness has signed Jay Lethal's matches for both the January 18th live event in Dearborn, Michigan and the January 19th live event in Milwaukee. On January 18th, Lethal will go one on one with the man who attacked him in New York, Steve Corino. On January 19th Lethal will team with Jay and Mark Briscoe to take on Corino, Jimmy Jacobs and Rhino. Perhaps this is where the questions regarding Rhino and S.C.U.M. will be answered. Tickets for both events are on sale now.
- Also on the card for the January 19th show in Milwaukee, Kyle O' Reilly will go head to head with his former friend and mentor Davey Richards.
- This week on Ring of Honor Wrestling TV is a special New Years edition that takes a look back at the matches of the year for 2012. Also, the 2012 match of the year will be announced.
- Charlie Haas is set to appear, solo, at all January Ring of Honor events, without former partner Shelton Benjamin.
- On February 2nd, 2013, Ring of Honor will be participating in "National Pro Wrestling Day" at the Derby Ink Gardens in Philadelphia. Admission is free and will feature wrestlers competing from Ring of Honor, Chikara, Wrestling is Fun and more. ROH World Tag Team Champions Jay and Mark Briscoe will face S.C.U.M. to represent Ring of Honor at the event. Check out www.nationalprowrestlingday.com for more info.
- El Generico has not been heard from since his Ladder War 4 match against Kevin Steen for the ROH World Championship at Final Battle 2012.
- The next iPPV is 11th Anniversary on March 2nd, 2013 in Chicago Ridge, Illinois. In addition, Ring of Honor will also be holding a special TV taping on the 3rd of March in the same arena. As a special holiday gift, Ring of Honor is offering general admission tickets to the March 3rd TV taping for only $5 from the time they go on sale until 12/31 at 11:59 P.M. In addition, from 1/1/13 until 1/31/13, general admission tickets will be only $10, and after that tickets will cost $15.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.