TNA Impact Results - Sting Returns, Aces & 8's Member Revealed & More, Sound Off With Your Thoughts
|By Kian Terani | January 03, 2013 | Comments|
- We see more footage of Joseph Park at OVW. His trainer says he has passion and they can't get rid of him and that he is actually impressed with him. Park talks about the tapes that he's been watching including his brother Abyss. His trainer tells him he has heart and wishes him luck.
Gail Kim & Tara vs. Mickie James & Miss Tessmacher
Kim starts off strong with Tessmacher and Tara provides an assist from the apron. Tara tags in and sends Tessmacher into the ropes and Mickie tags herself in off the back. Things break down on the floor and Kim and Tara are sent head-first into each other. Kim and Tara double team Mickie in the ring behind referee Taryn's back. We go to break.
- Mickie James makes the hot tag to Tessmacher and she turns it up on Tara. Kim hits a cheap shot to Tessmacher from behind and Tara takes control. Tara hits a backbreaker on Tessmacher for 2. More double teaming from the heels. Kim's in now and she drives Tessmacher across her knee for 2. Tessmacher almost makes it to her partner but Kim pulls Mickie off the apron. Tessmacher plants Tara on her face and tags Mickie who pounds away on Kim. Mickie hits a neckbreaker but Tara makes the save. Things break down and Jesse pulls Tara out of the ring but Tessmacher hits a dive onto both of them to the floor. Mickie hits a DDT on Kim in the ring for the win.
Winners by pin: Mickie James & Miss Tessmacher
- Doc is still mad as he sits across Devon and the two main masked guys. He says their masks must remain and they will protect them with their lives. One guy shows a knife as we go to break.
- ODB talks about Aces & 8's in the back. Eric Young is doing rehab and she will be by his side when he returns.
- The cage is setup around the ring as we go to a replay of the Hardy trophy acceptance from earlier.
- Aries and Roode confront Hogan in the back about the Triple Threat match that Hardy made earlier. Hogan says it's an elimination match so they have nothing to worry about. They still don't want the other in the match. Hogan says they must team next week to face Hardy and a partner. They are still irate and Hogan kicks them out of his office.
Kurt Angle & Samoa Joe vs. Aces & 8's
Doc slams the door on Angle upon his entrance and lays him out on the floor. Doc shuts the door and locks it, leaving Joe in there by himself with Devon and the large masked man in a lumberjack shirt. Doc continues to take it to Angle on the floor. Joe is handling himself just fine so far. Devon tackles Joe from his peripheral and they beat him down as the masked guy holds Joe for Devon. Kurt has semi-recovered and tries to shake the door open but Devon kicks him through the cage as we go to commercial.
- Joe fights off both men as we return to action. Kurt Angle scales the cage but is pulled off by Doc. Angle lays him out and retrieves the key and gets in the ring. Angle explodes on Devon and the masked man. Angle hits a missile dropkick and goes to remove his mask. Doc opens the door and Angle charges at him but Doc slams it shut on his head. Angle is busted up in the forehead. Devon comes off the top with a headbutt but Joe moves out of the way. Angle gets up and hits his 3 German Suplexes on Devon and one on the masked guy. Joe sends Devon face-first into the cage. Angle hits the Angle Slam on the masked guy after an atomic drop from Joe for the win.
Winners by pin: Kurt Angle & Samoa Joe
Doc gets in the ring and begins to beat Angle and Joe as the rest of Aces & 8's files into the cage for a beatdown. Mr. Anderson watches from the floor. The crowd chants for Sting. Sting walks down the ramp with his bat and takes down Aces & 8's one member at a time. Doc ducks out from a bat shot but the big masked guy is left alone. Angle calls for it and he unmasks the guy. It's Mike Knox and Tenay acknowledges that and even mentions WWE. The other members try to cover his face as they walk through the crowd. Angle, Sting, and Joe stand tall in the ring.
What are your thoughts on tonight's show? Sound off below.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.