|By Marc Middleton | January 07, 2013 | Comments|
Winner: CM Punk
- Back from the break and Striker tries to get a word with Punk and Heyman. Punk says before The Rock can come open his mouth tonight, he's going to open his. Punk says he is the most dangerous man with a microphone in his hand. Punk says it's time to drop another pipebomb.
- Kane and Daniel Bryan are backstage. Kane asks how Bryan's knee is doing and Bryan blames their loss on him. They start arguing and Vickie Guerrero walks in. Vickie says next week they will have their follow up evaluations with Dr. Shelby. They argue about whether Dr. Shelby is a monster or a nerd.
- We see a replay of Big Show vs. Ricardo Rodriguez from last week. Big Show vs. Alberto Del Rio is announced for Friday's SmackDown.
- Kofi Kingston vs. Big Show is up next after commercial.
Kofi Kingston vs. Big Show
We come back and the bell rings. They start brawling but Big Show connects with a knockout punch out of nowhere for a quick squash win.
Winner: Big Show
- Cole and Lawler hype Punk vs. Rock. We get a look back at RAW 1000 where CM Punk attacked The Rock. We see The Rock's dressing room before going back to commercial.
- Back from the break and out comes WWE Champion CM Punk with Paul Heyman right behind him. We see how Punk retained his title against Ryback earlier tonight.
Punk wipes a bit of blood on his shirt and faces the camera. He slips the WWE logo off the microphone and says the time has come to tell us something very personal. Punk says he keeps his ear to the ground and hears what everyone says. He says the word pipebomb has been misused. Punk says a pipebomb in its truest form is the truth, honesty. Punk says the fans lack honesty. Punk says he meant everything he said that night except the part about ice cream bars because the fans don't need anymore ice cream. Punk says he could have left but he made a conscious decision and sold out to, to the fans. Punk says to him, he cashed in. Punk says it doesn't matter if you're the best this or the best that in WWE, there is a glass ceiling and nobody is allowed to break it. Punk says that's the simple story of WWE - the more popular you are, the more money you make. Punk says that's why Cena gets title shots. Punk says that's why a serious grappler like Daniel Bryan puts a smile on his face and uses catchphrases. That's why a 400lb. monster named Brodus Clay gets in the ring to shuck and jive. That's why an invisible kid Little Jimmy is more of a fit on RAW than Tyson Kidd. Punk says the fans are falling for what he says right now. Punk says nobody has been able to achieve success without the fans until now, until when he showed up. Punk calls himself the most successful WWE Champion of all-time, not just the modern era. He says that's just a buzzword someone in the back wants to use, probably on a t-shirt. Punk says you don't get noticed until you move a few t-shirts around here. Punk says if he was in Bruno Sammartino's days, he would have been champ for 20 years also. Punk says you never saw Hulk Hogan wrestle TLC matches against guys like Ryback. Punk says their 30 years equal one of his. Punk says he is not successful because of the fans, he is successful in spite of the fans.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.
Adult Film Company Filming A WWE Parody On The Montreal Screwjob With Vince McMahon, Others (Photos)
Spoilers: First Title Match Official For WWE NXT "Takeover: Orlando", Other Possible Matches
WWE On Finn Balor's Return At WWE NXT Tapings, Balor And Shinsuke Nakamura Post-Show Comments
Finn Balor Returns And Gets Physical After WWE NXT TV Tapings, Has Something To Say To Nakamura
Ronda Rousey's Next Gig, UFC Headed To Singapore, UFC 209 Video Promo
The Rock Tells Story About Kevin Owens, The Boogeyman Sings Gospel, Fans On WWE NXT
Kassius Ohno Confronts Bobby Roode (Video), Title Matches On Next Week's WWE NXT, Patrick Clark
Spoiler: Possible WWE NXT Injury Tonight (Photos)
WWE SmackDown Results - 10-Man Battle Royal, Falls Count Anywhere Match, Naomi Relinquishes, More
The Rock Calls CM Punk After WWE RAW Ends (Video), CM Punk Responds
Backstage Reaction To The Rock Calling CM Punk During Dark Segment After Last Night's WWE RAW In LA
WWE Edits Out Big E Comment From RAW, Why CM Punk Didn't Answer Phone When Rock Called, Charlotte
Former TNA Star Plays AJ Lee For Paige Family Movie After WWE RAW In LA (Photos, Video)
Daniel Bryan Says That AJ Styles Thinks That The Earth Is Flat
** UPDATED SPOILERS ** WWE NXT Tapings For March
Naomi Injury And Status Note, Lilian Garcia Backstage For Last Night's RAW (Photo), Lince Dorado