|By Christian Miller | January 11, 2013 | Comments|
1) The X Division Tournament showcased some great wrestling, as TNA fans have come to expect from the X Division. Kenny King and Zema Ion put on a great, fast paced match that was one of the better ones of the night. The spot where Kenny King tried to land a corkscrew on Ion over the top rope and missed, and Ion followed up with a super fast Somersault Plancha was awesome. TNA needs more matches like that.
2) The return of an overhauled TNA Gut Check with two wrestlers instead of one was a welcome change. It breathed a bit of fresh air into the segment in such a way that it made it interesting and fun to watch again.
3) Watching Sting get some revenge on Aces and Eights was very satisfying, even if Aces and Eights have gotten stale (more on that in a second). It was also pretty cool to see Sting use the hammer that injured Kurt Angle and use it on Knox. It felt like a victory.
1) Robbie E. and Robbie T. have incredibly cheesy gimmicks and I can never take them serious, despite how they perform in the ring. Watching them complain about how Jersey Shore got canceled doesn't help things either.
Furthermore, the fist pumping dance segment with Miss Tessmacher after her and Robbie T.'s match was just ridiculous. Miss Tessmacher passing out after the kiss did evoke a slight laugh though.
2) Aces and Eight's time has come and gone. Every week they get worse and worse, and their believability as an unstoppable force gets further tainted. For instance, once again, all it took for Aces and Eights to clear out of the arena at the end of the show was Bully Ray running up to them. Granted, he did have a chain, but still. Ray didn't even attack all of them; he hit one other wrestler. They could have easily swarmed him, and then made off with Brooke Hogan and had a much more interesting story line.
This would even fix up the whole Hogan/Ray feud, as the two would be forced to band together to take on Aces and Eights and save Brooke. But no, instead Aces and Eights gets worse, and the fans are forced to endure the next thing on this list.
3) When was the last time a wedding in wrestling went well? Macho Man and Miss Elizabeth, terrible. Stephanie McMahon and Test, terrible. Billy and Chuck, terrible. AJ Lee and Daniel Bryan, terrible. Not only are wrestling weddings cheesy and drawn about, but also they are predictable as can be.
So, to see Bully Ray propose to Brooke Hogan had wrestling fans everywhere shaking their heads. Way to take a page out of WWE's book TNA.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.
Daniel Bryan Takes Shot At How Much Stephanie McMahon And Mick Foley Appear On Screen
What Happened After Tonight's WWE SmackDown, WWE Tag Team Gets New Look, WWE Comic Book Launch Date
Christopher Daniels On WWE Changing Their Attitude On Signing Former TNA Stars
SmackDown Announcement Next Week (Video), Jack Swagger Wins Dark Match, Charlotte - Sasha Banks
WWE Talking Smack Live Recap: Fallout From Smackdown Live, Guests John Cena And Becky Lynch
Career Vs. Title Match Set For WWE No Mercy
Apollo Crews On Main Event, WWE Promotes Jim Ross Survivor Series Sunday Event, Sin Cara's New Theme
** SPOILERS ** WWE Main Event Tapings For This Week
WWE Clash Of Champions Results - New Champion Crowned, Best Of 7 Series, Chris Jericho, More
WWE Monday Night RAW Results - Title Matches, Tag Main Event, Cruiserweights, Seth Rollins, More
Seth Rollins Reportedly Injured At WWE Clash Of Champions Last Night
Update On WWE Talking To TNA About A Potential Sale
Cesaro Responds To Daniel Bryan About Leaving RAW, Bad Sign For WWE RAW Viewership, Ric Flair
WWE SmackDown Results - WWE World Title Match, Randy Orton - Bray Wyatt, Eight-Man Match, More
Rene Dupree On Possible Chris Benoit Conspiracy, How Benoit Tragedy Affected His WWE Future, More
Donald Trump's WWE Pay Revealed?, More On RAW Competition, Linda McMahon On If She'll Run Again