|By Christian Miller | January 11, 2013 | Comments|
1) The X Division Tournament showcased some great wrestling, as TNA fans have come to expect from the X Division. Kenny King and Zema Ion put on a great, fast paced match that was one of the better ones of the night. The spot where Kenny King tried to land a corkscrew on Ion over the top rope and missed, and Ion followed up with a super fast Somersault Plancha was awesome. TNA needs more matches like that.
2) The return of an overhauled TNA Gut Check with two wrestlers instead of one was a welcome change. It breathed a bit of fresh air into the segment in such a way that it made it interesting and fun to watch again.
3) Watching Sting get some revenge on Aces and Eights was very satisfying, even if Aces and Eights have gotten stale (more on that in a second). It was also pretty cool to see Sting use the hammer that injured Kurt Angle and use it on Knox. It felt like a victory.
1) Robbie E. and Robbie T. have incredibly cheesy gimmicks and I can never take them serious, despite how they perform in the ring. Watching them complain about how Jersey Shore got canceled doesn't help things either.
Furthermore, the fist pumping dance segment with Miss Tessmacher after her and Robbie T.'s match was just ridiculous. Miss Tessmacher passing out after the kiss did evoke a slight laugh though.
2) Aces and Eight's time has come and gone. Every week they get worse and worse, and their believability as an unstoppable force gets further tainted. For instance, once again, all it took for Aces and Eights to clear out of the arena at the end of the show was Bully Ray running up to them. Granted, he did have a chain, but still. Ray didn't even attack all of them; he hit one other wrestler. They could have easily swarmed him, and then made off with Brooke Hogan and had a much more interesting story line.
This would even fix up the whole Hogan/Ray feud, as the two would be forced to band together to take on Aces and Eights and save Brooke. But no, instead Aces and Eights gets worse, and the fans are forced to endure the next thing on this list.
3) When was the last time a wedding in wrestling went well? Macho Man and Miss Elizabeth, terrible. Stephanie McMahon and Test, terrible. Billy and Chuck, terrible. AJ Lee and Daniel Bryan, terrible. Not only are wrestling weddings cheesy and drawn about, but also they are predictable as can be.
So, to see Bully Ray propose to Brooke Hogan had wrestling fans everywhere shaking their heads. Way to take a page out of WWE's book TNA.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.
WWE Battleground Live Results, Your Feedback And Viewing Party
WWE Hall Of Famer Wants Plastic Surgery Help, Simon Gotch WWE Status Update, New WWE App Feature
WWE Battleground Kickoff Pre-show Note, New Randy Orton Gear, Lucha Underground Finale Highlights
Possible Spoilers For Tonight's WWE Battleground PPV
Note On Finn Balor's First WWE Main Roster Feud, Daniel Bryan And Mick Foley News, Sheamus
"UFC On FOX 20: Holm Vs. Shevchenko" Results: Holly Holm Suffers Second Loss In A Row
Kofi Kingston On People Not Liking What They Were Doing At First, Bray Wyatt Being "Seven Feet Wide"
The Shield To Be Featured In Premiere WWE Comic Book, Torrie Wilson Photos, WWE - Mattel
Roman Reigns Returns At WWE Live Event, Issues Statement
Who Won The Backstage Fight At WWE SmackDown?, WWE Considering More Squash Matches On TV
Former WWE GM Says MVP And Shelton Benjamin Are Returning To WWE, MVP Responds
Lita's New On-Air WWE Role Revealed
WWE Star Off The Road Due To Backstage Fight?, WWE NXT Star Busted Open, WWE Back To Chile
WWE Clash Of Champions Event Advertisement Drops Hint At Title Possibly Switching Brands
Mark Henry On Not Wanting To Face Brock Lesnar, Bayley Not Getting "Her Just Due" In WWE, His Future
AJ Styles Says The Club Is Expanding, John Cena On The Club Ending, Styles First WWE Action Figure