|By Christian Miller | January 11, 2013 | Comments|
1) The X Division Tournament showcased some great wrestling, as TNA fans have come to expect from the X Division. Kenny King and Zema Ion put on a great, fast paced match that was one of the better ones of the night. The spot where Kenny King tried to land a corkscrew on Ion over the top rope and missed, and Ion followed up with a super fast Somersault Plancha was awesome. TNA needs more matches like that.
2) The return of an overhauled TNA Gut Check with two wrestlers instead of one was a welcome change. It breathed a bit of fresh air into the segment in such a way that it made it interesting and fun to watch again.
3) Watching Sting get some revenge on Aces and Eights was very satisfying, even if Aces and Eights have gotten stale (more on that in a second). It was also pretty cool to see Sting use the hammer that injured Kurt Angle and use it on Knox. It felt like a victory.
1) Robbie E. and Robbie T. have incredibly cheesy gimmicks and I can never take them serious, despite how they perform in the ring. Watching them complain about how Jersey Shore got canceled doesn't help things either.
Furthermore, the fist pumping dance segment with Miss Tessmacher after her and Robbie T.'s match was just ridiculous. Miss Tessmacher passing out after the kiss did evoke a slight laugh though.
2) Aces and Eight's time has come and gone. Every week they get worse and worse, and their believability as an unstoppable force gets further tainted. For instance, once again, all it took for Aces and Eights to clear out of the arena at the end of the show was Bully Ray running up to them. Granted, he did have a chain, but still. Ray didn't even attack all of them; he hit one other wrestler. They could have easily swarmed him, and then made off with Brooke Hogan and had a much more interesting story line.
This would even fix up the whole Hogan/Ray feud, as the two would be forced to band together to take on Aces and Eights and save Brooke. But no, instead Aces and Eights gets worse, and the fans are forced to endure the next thing on this list.
3) When was the last time a wedding in wrestling went well? Macho Man and Miss Elizabeth, terrible. Stephanie McMahon and Test, terrible. Billy and Chuck, terrible. AJ Lee and Daniel Bryan, terrible. Not only are wrestling weddings cheesy and drawn about, but also they are predictable as can be.
So, to see Bully Ray propose to Brooke Hogan had wrestling fans everywhere shaking their heads. Way to take a page out of WWE's book TNA.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.
Eva Marie On If She Would Return To WWE, Total Divas, The Rock Being Her Mentor, Advice From Rock
Roman Reigns' Football Coach On How Reigns Is In Real Life, Reigns Branding Himself With Coat Hanger
Former WWE Star Says He Never Got Over WrestleMania Match Getting Cut
What Happened After WWE RAW?, Baron Corbin Takes Shot At LaVar Ball, Finn Balor & Hardys On Teaming
Another Title Match Set For WWE Great Balls Of Fire
LaVar Ball And Sons Appear On WWE RAW (Video), The Titus Brand Change, WWE NXT Title Match Promo
Title Match Added To WWE Great Balls Of Fire
WINC Podcast (6/26): WWE RAW Review With Matt Morgan, Daniel Bryan, Chris Jericho, Mauro In NXT
Alberto Del Rio Breaks Up With Paige
WWE Monday Night RAW Results - Women's Main Event, Brock Lesnar Attacked, The Ball Family, More
Paige Comments On Breakup?, Io Shirai Not Starting With WWE Anytime Soon, Triple H Vs Eddie Guerrero
Huge Star Appearing On Tonight's WWE RAW?, Goldberg's UK Tour Kicks Off, AJ Styles Note
The Big Show Reveals The "Worst Thing" He Has Done In WWE
Daniel Bryan Teases Returning To ROH, Reveals Date His WWE Contract Expires?
Impact Star Reveals Who She Wanted To Face In WWE Before Her Release
Awesome Kong Reveals Plans She Discussed With Triple H For Kharma That Never Happened In WWE