|By Christian Miller | January 11, 2013 | Comments|
1) The X Division Tournament showcased some great wrestling, as TNA fans have come to expect from the X Division. Kenny King and Zema Ion put on a great, fast paced match that was one of the better ones of the night. The spot where Kenny King tried to land a corkscrew on Ion over the top rope and missed, and Ion followed up with a super fast Somersault Plancha was awesome. TNA needs more matches like that.
2) The return of an overhauled TNA Gut Check with two wrestlers instead of one was a welcome change. It breathed a bit of fresh air into the segment in such a way that it made it interesting and fun to watch again.
3) Watching Sting get some revenge on Aces and Eights was very satisfying, even if Aces and Eights have gotten stale (more on that in a second). It was also pretty cool to see Sting use the hammer that injured Kurt Angle and use it on Knox. It felt like a victory.
1) Robbie E. and Robbie T. have incredibly cheesy gimmicks and I can never take them serious, despite how they perform in the ring. Watching them complain about how Jersey Shore got canceled doesn't help things either.
Furthermore, the fist pumping dance segment with Miss Tessmacher after her and Robbie T.'s match was just ridiculous. Miss Tessmacher passing out after the kiss did evoke a slight laugh though.
2) Aces and Eight's time has come and gone. Every week they get worse and worse, and their believability as an unstoppable force gets further tainted. For instance, once again, all it took for Aces and Eights to clear out of the arena at the end of the show was Bully Ray running up to them. Granted, he did have a chain, but still. Ray didn't even attack all of them; he hit one other wrestler. They could have easily swarmed him, and then made off with Brooke Hogan and had a much more interesting story line.
This would even fix up the whole Hogan/Ray feud, as the two would be forced to band together to take on Aces and Eights and save Brooke. But no, instead Aces and Eights gets worse, and the fans are forced to endure the next thing on this list.
3) When was the last time a wedding in wrestling went well? Macho Man and Miss Elizabeth, terrible. Stephanie McMahon and Test, terrible. Billy and Chuck, terrible. AJ Lee and Daniel Bryan, terrible. Not only are wrestling weddings cheesy and drawn about, but also they are predictable as can be.
So, to see Bully Ray propose to Brooke Hogan had wrestling fans everywhere shaking their heads. Way to take a page out of WWE's book TNA.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.
Nancy Benoit's Sister On How Chris Benoit's Personality Changed, What Caused Benoit To Snap
Stephanie McMahon On "Misperceptions" About WWE, WWE Looking For Office Space, WWE - VR
Scotty 2 Hotty On Talks Enzo & Cass, Working At The WWE Performance Center, What He Focused On
News On Bobby Roode U.S. NXT Debut, Former WWE Diva Turns 39, AJ Styles And Seth Rollins Added
Top Star Pulled From WWE Japan Tour, New Movie For Bill Goldberg, Xavier Woods - VidCon Videos
Cody Rhodes On "Clash" Returning, Next WWE Network "First Look" Revealed, Baron Corbin Games (Video)
WWE Looks At Ali Vs. Inoki Fight, Fans On Steve Austin Podcasts, WWE Power Rankings, Tyler Breeze
High Morale Coming Out Of The WWE CWC Tapings, First CWC Photoshoots, WWE PC Training Videos
News On When WWE Decided To Make Dean Ambrose Champion, Roman Reigns' Wellness Policy Violation
Backstage News On Why WWE And Cody Rhodes Have Had Recent Discussions
CM Punk Talks WWE Being Too Scripted, Who Was The Best Wrestler At Working Safe, More
WWE's Original Plans For AJ Styles, Bullet Club And The Kliq Talk "Too Sweet" Gesture, Nash & Hall
** SPOILERS ** WWE CWC Tapings Airing In July And August
Update On A Possible Kurt Angle WWE Return
The Rock On CM Punk's UFC Debut, Johnny Gargano Talks WWE CWC, Stephanie McMahon - John Cena
CM Punk Officially Set To Fight At UFC 203