|By Christian Miller | January 11, 2013 | Comments|
1) The X Division Tournament showcased some great wrestling, as TNA fans have come to expect from the X Division. Kenny King and Zema Ion put on a great, fast paced match that was one of the better ones of the night. The spot where Kenny King tried to land a corkscrew on Ion over the top rope and missed, and Ion followed up with a super fast Somersault Plancha was awesome. TNA needs more matches like that.
2) The return of an overhauled TNA Gut Check with two wrestlers instead of one was a welcome change. It breathed a bit of fresh air into the segment in such a way that it made it interesting and fun to watch again.
3) Watching Sting get some revenge on Aces and Eights was very satisfying, even if Aces and Eights have gotten stale (more on that in a second). It was also pretty cool to see Sting use the hammer that injured Kurt Angle and use it on Knox. It felt like a victory.
1) Robbie E. and Robbie T. have incredibly cheesy gimmicks and I can never take them serious, despite how they perform in the ring. Watching them complain about how Jersey Shore got canceled doesn't help things either.
Furthermore, the fist pumping dance segment with Miss Tessmacher after her and Robbie T.'s match was just ridiculous. Miss Tessmacher passing out after the kiss did evoke a slight laugh though.
2) Aces and Eight's time has come and gone. Every week they get worse and worse, and their believability as an unstoppable force gets further tainted. For instance, once again, all it took for Aces and Eights to clear out of the arena at the end of the show was Bully Ray running up to them. Granted, he did have a chain, but still. Ray didn't even attack all of them; he hit one other wrestler. They could have easily swarmed him, and then made off with Brooke Hogan and had a much more interesting story line.
This would even fix up the whole Hogan/Ray feud, as the two would be forced to band together to take on Aces and Eights and save Brooke. But no, instead Aces and Eights gets worse, and the fans are forced to endure the next thing on this list.
3) When was the last time a wedding in wrestling went well? Macho Man and Miss Elizabeth, terrible. Stephanie McMahon and Test, terrible. Billy and Chuck, terrible. AJ Lee and Daniel Bryan, terrible. Not only are wrestling weddings cheesy and drawn about, but also they are predictable as can be.
So, to see Bully Ray propose to Brooke Hogan had wrestling fans everywhere shaking their heads. Way to take a page out of WWE's book TNA.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.
Michael Hayes On Owen Hart Not Being In WWE HOF, SmackDown Crew Being Looser Than RAW, Seth Rollins
Daniel Bryan And Brie Bella Reveal Baby Gender
Chris Jericho Adds Names To The List After Debate, Nikki Bella Takes Shot At RAW Stars, Becky Lynch
Alberto Del Rio And Rey Mysterio Note, Mark Henry Movie Trailer, WWE Stock Down
James Ellsworth On What WWE Match He Wants, TNA, Nerves Before AJ Styles Title Match, What's Next
Shawn Michaels Note, Kevin Nash Cast As Reverend In Horror Movie, Wrestling Road Diaries Trailer
TNA Impact Wrestling Results (10/20): Eddie Edwards Defends World Title Vs. Cody, Lashley Vs. Moose
WWE Main Event Recap: Zack Ryder Gets A Win, Tyler Breeze, American Alpha Vs. The Ascension
WWE Developmental Talent Arrested, Suspended
TNA Expected To Eventually File For Bankruptcy
Ric Flair On Why Goldberg Returning To Wrestle Brock Lesnar Is Not A Good Idea
Bret Hart Reveals His Original Idea For Shawn Michaels Match At Wrestlemania 13
James Ellsworth Outselling Goldberg And Dean Ambrose, Batista On His Greatest WWE Achievement, More
AJ Styles Fuels Big Rumor On Shawn Michaels Match (Photo), WWE Stock Down, Xavier Woods
The Fight Network's Parent Company Issues Statement On TNA, Helping TNA Pay Debt To Billy Corgan
Bray Wyatt On How It Was Wrestling Undertaker, SmackDown Being Better Than Raw, Wanting AJ Styles