|By Christian Miller | January 11, 2013 | Comments|
1) The X Division Tournament showcased some great wrestling, as TNA fans have come to expect from the X Division. Kenny King and Zema Ion put on a great, fast paced match that was one of the better ones of the night. The spot where Kenny King tried to land a corkscrew on Ion over the top rope and missed, and Ion followed up with a super fast Somersault Plancha was awesome. TNA needs more matches like that.
2) The return of an overhauled TNA Gut Check with two wrestlers instead of one was a welcome change. It breathed a bit of fresh air into the segment in such a way that it made it interesting and fun to watch again.
3) Watching Sting get some revenge on Aces and Eights was very satisfying, even if Aces and Eights have gotten stale (more on that in a second). It was also pretty cool to see Sting use the hammer that injured Kurt Angle and use it on Knox. It felt like a victory.
1) Robbie E. and Robbie T. have incredibly cheesy gimmicks and I can never take them serious, despite how they perform in the ring. Watching them complain about how Jersey Shore got canceled doesn't help things either.
Furthermore, the fist pumping dance segment with Miss Tessmacher after her and Robbie T.'s match was just ridiculous. Miss Tessmacher passing out after the kiss did evoke a slight laugh though.
2) Aces and Eight's time has come and gone. Every week they get worse and worse, and their believability as an unstoppable force gets further tainted. For instance, once again, all it took for Aces and Eights to clear out of the arena at the end of the show was Bully Ray running up to them. Granted, he did have a chain, but still. Ray didn't even attack all of them; he hit one other wrestler. They could have easily swarmed him, and then made off with Brooke Hogan and had a much more interesting story line.
This would even fix up the whole Hogan/Ray feud, as the two would be forced to band together to take on Aces and Eights and save Brooke. But no, instead Aces and Eights gets worse, and the fans are forced to endure the next thing on this list.
3) When was the last time a wedding in wrestling went well? Macho Man and Miss Elizabeth, terrible. Stephanie McMahon and Test, terrible. Billy and Chuck, terrible. AJ Lee and Daniel Bryan, terrible. Not only are wrestling weddings cheesy and drawn about, but also they are predictable as can be.
So, to see Bully Ray propose to Brooke Hogan had wrestling fans everywhere shaking their heads. Way to take a page out of WWE's book TNA.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.
Sasha Banks On Which Brand She Wants, SmackDown Match And Segment, Zack Ryder On Opportunity
WINC Podcast (5/31): Vince Russo Raw Review, John Cena Returns, WWE Brand Extension, NJPW Match
Sami Zayn Talks WWE Brand Extension (Video), Enzo Amore And Big Cass On ESPN, Goldberg Reactions
WWE "Hatch" Teaser Is For... (Video)
WWE RAW Memorial Day Tribute (Video), Paige On WWE Superstars, Kevin Owens Talks Live SmackDown
** SPOILERS ** WWE Superstars Results For This Week
Six-Man Announced For Tonight's WWE RAW
Final "Hatch" Teaser For Tonight's WWE RAW, Ric Flair Update, Becky Lynch - Mick Foley Video
WWE Monday Night RAW Results - John Cena Attacked, Six-Man Main Event, Seth Rollins, More
WWE Posts Another Teaser For RAW
WWE "Hatch" Teaser Is For... (Video)
Steve Austin Talks "Real Bad" Ric Flair - Charlotte Segment On WWE RAW, Sasha Banks
New Cryptic Teaser From Bray Wyatt, WWE NXT Star Turns 32, A Fury Of Bad WWE Landings (Video)
News For Tonight's WWE RAW - John Cena's Return, Matches, Money In The Bank Hype, Charlotte, More
Former WCW Champion Criticizes Ricochet And WIll Ospreay
William Regal, Shelton Benjamin Offer Their Thoughts On Vader - Will Ospreay - Ricochet Disagreement