|By Christian Miller | January 11, 2013 | Comments|
1) The X Division Tournament showcased some great wrestling, as TNA fans have come to expect from the X Division. Kenny King and Zema Ion put on a great, fast paced match that was one of the better ones of the night. The spot where Kenny King tried to land a corkscrew on Ion over the top rope and missed, and Ion followed up with a super fast Somersault Plancha was awesome. TNA needs more matches like that.
2) The return of an overhauled TNA Gut Check with two wrestlers instead of one was a welcome change. It breathed a bit of fresh air into the segment in such a way that it made it interesting and fun to watch again.
3) Watching Sting get some revenge on Aces and Eights was very satisfying, even if Aces and Eights have gotten stale (more on that in a second). It was also pretty cool to see Sting use the hammer that injured Kurt Angle and use it on Knox. It felt like a victory.
1) Robbie E. and Robbie T. have incredibly cheesy gimmicks and I can never take them serious, despite how they perform in the ring. Watching them complain about how Jersey Shore got canceled doesn't help things either.
Furthermore, the fist pumping dance segment with Miss Tessmacher after her and Robbie T.'s match was just ridiculous. Miss Tessmacher passing out after the kiss did evoke a slight laugh though.
2) Aces and Eight's time has come and gone. Every week they get worse and worse, and their believability as an unstoppable force gets further tainted. For instance, once again, all it took for Aces and Eights to clear out of the arena at the end of the show was Bully Ray running up to them. Granted, he did have a chain, but still. Ray didn't even attack all of them; he hit one other wrestler. They could have easily swarmed him, and then made off with Brooke Hogan and had a much more interesting story line.
This would even fix up the whole Hogan/Ray feud, as the two would be forced to band together to take on Aces and Eights and save Brooke. But no, instead Aces and Eights gets worse, and the fans are forced to endure the next thing on this list.
3) When was the last time a wedding in wrestling went well? Macho Man and Miss Elizabeth, terrible. Stephanie McMahon and Test, terrible. Billy and Chuck, terrible. AJ Lee and Daniel Bryan, terrible. Not only are wrestling weddings cheesy and drawn about, but also they are predictable as can be.
So, to see Bully Ray propose to Brooke Hogan had wrestling fans everywhere shaking their heads. Way to take a page out of WWE's book TNA.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.
Braun Strowman Booed After Brock Lesnar Match, Bayley Talks WWE No Mercy (Video), Mojo Rawley
Teaser For The Return Of WWE Series, Fans On Winners At WWE No Mercy, Cesaro Games With Mikaze
Enzo Amore's Family (Photo), Usos Vs. The New Day Promo, WWE Attitude Era DVD "First Look"
SmackDown Star Returns From Injury, Mickie James Has Words For Alexa Bliss, WWE Title Match Promo
John Cena On Why He Hasn't Had WrestleMania Match With Undertaker, Not Wrestling Full Time Anymore
How Much Did Bobby Heenan Make In WWE Compared To Other Announcers?
WWE Live Event Results From Las Cruces (9/24): Bobby Roode Vs. Dolph Ziggler, Eight-Man Match, More
WWE NXT Live Event Results From Amherst (9/24): The Undisputed Era Attacks, Johnny Gargano In MOTN
WWE No Mercy Results - Brock Lesnar Vs. Braun Strowman, John Cena Vs. Roman Reigns, New Champion
Former WWE Divas Champ In The Ring After 4 Years, Jason Jordan Sends A Message To Miz, Titus O'Neil
John Cena On If He's Retiring Following WWE No Mercy Loss
Former WWE Tag Champs Reunite After 10 Years, Charlotte Knew Ric Flair Would "Kick Out," PPV Posters
WWE Star Loses Front Teeth At No Mercy (Photos)
John Cena's Dad Takes Shot At Top WWE Female Stars, How Old Is Stephanie McMahon Today?, More
Ryback On How Roman Reigns Is Backstage, How Reigns Differs From John Cena, Talks With GFW, XMas RAW
Latest WWE No Mercy Betting Odds: Big Favorites In John Cena Vs. Roman Reigns, Lesnar Vs. Strowman