|By Christian Miller | January 11, 2013 | Comments|
1) The X Division Tournament showcased some great wrestling, as TNA fans have come to expect from the X Division. Kenny King and Zema Ion put on a great, fast paced match that was one of the better ones of the night. The spot where Kenny King tried to land a corkscrew on Ion over the top rope and missed, and Ion followed up with a super fast Somersault Plancha was awesome. TNA needs more matches like that.
2) The return of an overhauled TNA Gut Check with two wrestlers instead of one was a welcome change. It breathed a bit of fresh air into the segment in such a way that it made it interesting and fun to watch again.
3) Watching Sting get some revenge on Aces and Eights was very satisfying, even if Aces and Eights have gotten stale (more on that in a second). It was also pretty cool to see Sting use the hammer that injured Kurt Angle and use it on Knox. It felt like a victory.
1) Robbie E. and Robbie T. have incredibly cheesy gimmicks and I can never take them serious, despite how they perform in the ring. Watching them complain about how Jersey Shore got canceled doesn't help things either.
Furthermore, the fist pumping dance segment with Miss Tessmacher after her and Robbie T.'s match was just ridiculous. Miss Tessmacher passing out after the kiss did evoke a slight laugh though.
2) Aces and Eight's time has come and gone. Every week they get worse and worse, and their believability as an unstoppable force gets further tainted. For instance, once again, all it took for Aces and Eights to clear out of the arena at the end of the show was Bully Ray running up to them. Granted, he did have a chain, but still. Ray didn't even attack all of them; he hit one other wrestler. They could have easily swarmed him, and then made off with Brooke Hogan and had a much more interesting story line.
This would even fix up the whole Hogan/Ray feud, as the two would be forced to band together to take on Aces and Eights and save Brooke. But no, instead Aces and Eights gets worse, and the fans are forced to endure the next thing on this list.
3) When was the last time a wedding in wrestling went well? Macho Man and Miss Elizabeth, terrible. Stephanie McMahon and Test, terrible. Billy and Chuck, terrible. AJ Lee and Daniel Bryan, terrible. Not only are wrestling weddings cheesy and drawn about, but also they are predictable as can be.
So, to see Bully Ray propose to Brooke Hogan had wrestling fans everywhere shaking their heads. Way to take a page out of WWE's book TNA.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.
AJ Styles To Appear On New Southpaw Regional Wrestling Season, Details On His Character
Vince McMahon Was Apparently Not Happy With A Segment On "Talking Smack"
Alexa Bliss Says WWE Title Belt Had To Be Shortened To Fit Her, Talks Filming "Total Divas" In Japan
Ryback Responds To Claims That He's Sexist Following Comments From Recent Podcast
WWE NXT Live Event Results From Cocoa (7/20): Possible Main Event Injury, Gunner, Ember Moon, More
WWE NXT Superstar Possibly Injured At Live Event
Jinder Mahal Receives Custom Jersey, Cathy Kelley On Jeff Hardy's Face Paint (Video), WWE Network
Did Alberto El Patron Join LAX?, Title Match Announced For Next Week (Video), Super X Cup Tournament
Samoa Joe On Helping John Cena Get WWE Job, What Caused WWE To Sign Him To Exclusive Deal, Triple H
Backstage News On Brock Lesnar's WWE Contract And Renewal
Karen Jarrett Fuels Rumors Of Former WWE Champion Going To GFW
Former TNA World Champion Already Done With GFW
Shane McMahon's Helicopter Makes Crash Emergency Landing In The Ocean Today (Video)
News On Kurt Angle Returning To The Ring, If Jason Jordan Storyline Had Been The Plan All Along
Former WWE Intercontinental Champion To Debut With GFW Soon, Indie Tag Team Being Signed, More
Backstage Update On Brock Lesnar - UFC Rumors, Lesnar Not Re-Signing With WWE After WrestleMania 34?