WWE SmackDown Results: Rock Returns Home, World Title Change, Punk Promo & More, Sound Off
|By Kian Terani | January 11, 2013 | Comments|
Sandow interjects and asks The Rock to answer 3 questions correctly and he gets to stay. The Rock says to Just Bring It. Sandow asks who the 19th president of the United States is. Rock answers, "Rutherford B. Hayes, bi*ch!" Rock says Sandow looks like what would happen if Abe Lincoln got busy with a gremlin and says to not feed him after midnight. Cody asks what movie won Best Picture in 1993. Someone in the crowd yells, The Tooth Fairy, and The Rock acknowledges and says no. Rock answers, Schindler's List. Rock wants to ask his own question and if they get it right they will get an amazing prize from The Rock and Miami. He asks, "What happens when you combine a geological aggregate of minerals with its lowest form?" Sandow says, "You get rock bottom." Rock says exactly and Rock Bottoms Sandow. Rocky looks over at Cody who takes off his coat and charges at Rock. Rock hits a spinebuster and delivers the People's Elbow. He finishes with, "…If you smell what The Rock is cookin'!"
- We return from a commercial as 3MB rocks out in the ring as Sheamus makes his entrance.
Handicap Match: Sheamus vs. 3MB
Slater ducks out of the ring and the trio start to go back up the ramp. They then charge the ring and Slater gets in first and gets hit with the Brogue Kick. The other two members stop in their tracks. Sheamus makes the cover for the win.
Winner by pin: Sheamus
The band pulls Slater out of the ring and McIntyre puts him on his shoulder to take him to the back as we take a commercial break.
- The Prime Time Players dance in the ring as Kane's pyro explodes and Team Hell No comes out to Kane's music.
Team Hell No vs. The Prime Time Players
We see footage from Monday on RAW of Team Hell No losing to Team Rhodes Scholars. Darren Young starts off with Daniel Bryan and backs him in the corner. Bryan tries to fight back but Young keeps the pressure on and tags Titus O'Neil for more punishment. Titus gets boots to the face in the corner by Bryan and both men tag out. Kane sends Young in and hits a side slam for 2. Young comes off the top but Kane catches him in the mouth and goes for a chokeslam but Titus comes in and Kane grabs his neck as well. They kick Kane and send him in but Bryan comes off the top with a double knee on PTP. Kane hits a chokeslam on Young for the win.
Winners by pin: Team Hell No
Kane sets-off his pyro in the ring and Bryan holds his ears as we see a replay. Bryan yells 'No!' at the crowd.
- Big Show vs. Del Rio in a Last Man Standing Match for the World Title is NEXT.
- Another promo runs for The 20th Anniversary of RAW this Monday.
- We see a graphic for Eve vs. Kaitlyn for the Divas Title this Monday on RAW.
- Footage is shown of Del Rio and Big Show from earlier tonight.
- We go to the ring as Lilian Garcia tells us the rules for this match. Big Show's music hits and he comes to the ring. We take another commercial break.
- A promo runs for The Rock at Royal Rumble.
- Alberto Del Rio comes out in a Lamborghini Aventador worth $500,000. Ricardo Rodriguez makes the formal introduction after Del Rio gets in the ring. Lilian does the same for Show.
Last Man Standing World Title Match: The Big Show (c) vs. Alberto Del Rio
The bell rings and they go right at it. Del Rio goes for the legs but Show overpowers him and hits a chop to the chest in the corner. Show hits clubbing blows to Del Rio's back and bodyslams him. Del Rio gets up and fights back but Show hits him with a headbutt and another chop to the chest in the ropes. Show goes out and pulls a table out from under the ring and sets up at ringside. Show slams Del Rio through the table and the ref begins to count. Del Rio makes it up by the count of 7 and Show goes right back to work. Show grabs a chair and sends Del Rio back into the ring. Del Rio hits a kick to Show's gut and takes the chair and hits Show across the back. Del Rio continues with two more shots. Show only goes to one knee and Del Rio dishes out more punishment with the chair.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.