|By Marc Middleton | January 14, 2013 | Comments|
Back from the break and Barrett is in control. Barrett with a headlock but Orton fights out. Barrett cuts him off and takes Orton to the apron with knees to the head. Barrett with a big kick for 2. Barrett goes back to a headlock now. Orton breaks free with a big backdrop. Orton comes back with clotheslines and a big powerslam. Barrett ducks out of the ring but Orton nails the backbreaker. Orton with the second rope draping DDT as the crowd pops. More back and forth. Barrett with the Bullhammer elbow for the clean win.
Winner: Wade Barrett
- Still to come tonight is the first Hall of Fame announcement. Back to commercial.
- WWE Divas Champion Eve Torres runs into Teddy Long and Booker T backstage. Booker says Vickie Guerrero agrees that Eve will be stripped of her title if she tries to run away or get counted out tonight. Eve tries to play up to Booker but he laughs in her face. Teddy laughs at her too. Eve smacks Teddy in the face and walks off.
- Cole shows us footage from earlier today where Kane and Daniel Bryan met with Dr. Shelby for an evaluation. Bryan tells Kane that they should lie to Dr. Shelby and tell him what he wants to hear. Kane agrees and in comes the doc. They have a group hug before sitting down. They answer some questions about each other. Shelby brings in Damien Sandow and Cody Rhodes. He wants them to cause a trigger for Team Hell No's anger and see how they handle it. Shelby wants Rhodes and Sandow to antagonize them and when they get angry, wash it away and find their happiness. Before that can happen, Sandow and Rhodes end up correcting Shelby and running him down. They call Shelby a failure and say Dr. Phil would be better. Shelby tells Bryan and Kane to attack and they get rid of Rhodes Scholars.
Kane vs. Damien Sandow
We go to the ring and out come WWE Tag Team Champions Kane and Daniel Bryan. Kane will face Damien Sandow after the commercial.
Back from the break and Sandow comes out with Rhodes. Kane takes control early on and unloads on Sandow in the corners. Kane with a sideslam for a 2 count. Kane with more offense on the floor. Kane brings it back in but Sandow kicks him. Sandow turns it around and works Kane over now. Sandow goes on and hits the Elbow of Disdain. Sandow comes off the top but Kane catches him with a chokeslam for the win.
- Back from the break and we see what happened with Big Show and Alberto Del Rio earlier tonight.
- Justin Roberts introduces Mick Foley as the first inductee into the 2013 Hall of Fame class. The crowd chants for Foley and out he comes to the ring.
Foley thanks the crowd for their ovation but The Shield's music hits. Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns come through the crowd and surround Foley in the ring. Ryback's music hits and out he comes for the save. They beat Ryback down but he turns it around. They beat him down again but now comes Randy Orton for the save. Orton gets beat down also and out next comes Sheamus. Sheamus fights them off. Orton and Ryback join in and the clear the ring after Ambrose takes Shell Shocked. The Shield backs up the ramp as Orton, Ryback and Sheamus stand tall in the ring.
- Ryback gets a big "Feed Me More" chant going. Josh Mathews enters the ring to interview Ryback. He talks about how The Shield has allowed CM Punk to escape every time they face off. Ryback says he can't rest until he gives back The Shield what they have taken from him. Ryback starts a "Feed Me Shield" chant.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.
Ivelisse On Dealing With Backstage Politics In Wrestling
The Young Bucks Say Original WWE Invasion Was Supposed To Involve The Hardy Boyz
UFC Chile Results: Demian Maia Vs Kamaru Usman
Natalya Talks Women Being Left Out Of 'WWE Greatest Royal Rumble' Event
WWE Main Event Recap: Mojo Rawley Gets A Win, Titus Worldwide Vs. Authors Of Pain, Chad Gable
Brandi Rhodes Shuts Down Individual On Twitter, ROH HonorClub, Winners Of Past NJPW BOTSJ
Ryback On If Fans Are Justified Booing Roman Reigns, If Reigns Should Turn Heel
WWE Live Event Results From Amsterdam (5/19): Big Cass Sells Injury, Crowd Sings For Aleister Black
Former WWE Wrestler Tom Magee Severely Beaten Over Parking Dispute
Rob Van Dam Gives Up Dog's Ashes In Divorce Settlement
Randy Orton Undergoes Successful Surgery
Hulk Hogan Reveals His Three Biggest Moments In WWE
Young Bucks On Why They Wouldn't Sign With WWE Now, AJ Styles Wanting Them To Join WWE With Him
Randy Orton WWE Return Update, Triple H Hypes UK Title Tournament, The New Day Book Signing Video
Daniel Bryan Has Surprising Response To The Miz's "He's Not At My Level" Comments
WWE Deletes Ronda Rousey - Goldust Video, Mauro Ranallo's Theme Song Released, The Blue Meanie