|By Marc Middleton | January 15, 2013 | Comments|
Back from the break and Barrett is in control. Barrett with a headlock but Orton fights out. Barrett cuts him off and takes Orton to the apron with knees to the head. Barrett with a big kick for 2. Barrett goes back to a headlock now. Orton breaks free with a big backdrop. Orton comes back with clotheslines and a big powerslam. Barrett ducks out of the ring but Orton nails the backbreaker. Orton with the second rope draping DDT as the crowd pops. More back and forth. Barrett with the Bullhammer elbow for the clean win.
Winner: Wade Barrett
- Still to come tonight is the first Hall of Fame announcement. Back to commercial.
- WWE Divas Champion Eve Torres runs into Teddy Long and Booker T backstage. Booker says Vickie Guerrero agrees that Eve will be stripped of her title if she tries to run away or get counted out tonight. Eve tries to play up to Booker but he laughs in her face. Teddy laughs at her too. Eve smacks Teddy in the face and walks off.
- Cole shows us footage from earlier today where Kane and Daniel Bryan met with Dr. Shelby for an evaluation. Bryan tells Kane that they should lie to Dr. Shelby and tell him what he wants to hear. Kane agrees and in comes the doc. They have a group hug before sitting down. They answer some questions about each other. Shelby brings in Damien Sandow and Cody Rhodes. He wants them to cause a trigger for Team Hell No's anger and see how they handle it. Shelby wants Rhodes and Sandow to antagonize them and when they get angry, wash it away and find their happiness. Before that can happen, Sandow and Rhodes end up correcting Shelby and running him down. They call Shelby a failure and say Dr. Phil would be better. Shelby tells Bryan and Kane to attack and they get rid of Rhodes Scholars.
Kane vs. Damien Sandow
We go to the ring and out come WWE Tag Team Champions Kane and Daniel Bryan. Kane will face Damien Sandow after the commercial.
Back from the break and Sandow comes out with Rhodes. Kane takes control early on and unloads on Sandow in the corners. Kane with a sideslam for a 2 count. Kane with more offense on the floor. Kane brings it back in but Sandow kicks him. Sandow turns it around and works Kane over now. Sandow goes on and hits the Elbow of Disdain. Sandow comes off the top but Kane catches him with a chokeslam for the win.
- Back from the break and we see what happened with Big Show and Alberto Del Rio earlier tonight.
- Justin Roberts introduces Mick Foley as the first inductee into the 2013 Hall of Fame class. The crowd chants for Foley and out he comes to the ring.
Foley thanks the crowd for their ovation but The Shield's music hits. Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns come through the crowd and surround Foley in the ring. Ryback's music hits and out he comes for the save. They beat Ryback down but he turns it around. They beat him down again but now comes Randy Orton for the save. Orton gets beat down also and out next comes Sheamus. Sheamus fights them off. Orton and Ryback join in and the clear the ring after Ambrose takes Shell Shocked. The Shield backs up the ramp as Orton, Ryback and Sheamus stand tall in the ring.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.
Former WWE Divas Champ In The Ring After 4 Years, Jason Jordan Sends A Message To Miz, Titus O'Neil
Charlotte On Writing That Sasha Banks Was Angry With Her In NXT, Bayley Getting Booed By Fans
Latest WWE No Mercy Betting Odds: Big Favorites In John Cena Vs. Roman Reigns, Lesnar Vs. Strowman
KUSHIDA On If He Would Want To Wrestle Daniel Bryan
Ed Nordholm On How GFW Differs From WWE
Jeff Hardy May Need Surgery, Natalya's Love Of Cats (Video), Fans On WWE Story Time
WWE Live Event Results From Sacramento (9/22): Roman Reigns Headlines, Matt Hardy In Singles Action
Johnny Impact On Backstage GFW Turmoil Reports And The Future Of Lucha Underground
New Undertaker Photo, How Many People Were At Tuesday's WWE SmackDown?, John Cena Hugs Randy Orton
Goldberg On Possibly Returning To WWE Again
ROH Death Before Dishonor XV Results: New Champions, Cody Rhodes Defends Title, Last Man Standing
Backstage Notes On Another Re-Branding For Impact Wrestling, The GFW Name, Bound For Glory Issues
Ric Flair Reveals The Crazy Amount That He Would Drink Each Day
Former WWE Tag Champs Reunite After 10 Years, Charlotte Knew Ric Flair Would "Kick Out," PPV Posters
Steve Austin On Not Being "Stone Cold" Anymore
John Cena On His Biggest Hangup With Roman Reigns As The Face Of WWE, Reaction To Reigns' RAW Promo