TNA Impact Review: Bully - Brooke Wedding Surprises, Taz's Heel Turn, Daniels - Hardy, More
|By Christian Miller | January 18, 2013 | Comments|
1) The "impromptu" tag team match that pitted Jeff Hardy and James Storm against Christopher Daniels and Kazarian was a very good way to build tension towards Daniels and Hardy's title match next week.
Seeing Daniels deliver the Angel Wings to Hardy on top of his belt, and then posing with it afterwards, made him look like a serious threat to Hardy's championship. He better keep both eyes open (one for Daniels and one for Kazarian) if he wants to walk out of the Impact Zone still the heavyweight champ next week.
2) The confrontation/brawl between the tag champs Chavo and Hernandez and Austin Aries and Bobby Roode was really good. Aries and Roode garnered some serious heat from the crowd with their comments and made the attack from Chavo and Hernandez justifiable. Perhaps Aries and Roode are making the case to be the next number one contenders to the tag titles.
3) The wedding between Brooke Hogan and Bully Ray was surprisingly good. Not because of the wedding itself though, as all wrestling fans knew someone was going to break things up.
Taz's heel turn was completely out of nowhere and breathed a bit of fresh air into the rapidly deteriorating Aces and Eights story. Plus, the way they laid out Hogan and Bully will make for some great matches in the near future. Perhaps we will see the reluctant tag team of Hogan and Bully dismantle Aces and Eights for good.
1) While the finale to the wedding was awesome, the preparation segments that led up to it (getting the tuxes ready, Joseph Park giving Bully cigars, the Hulk Hogan TMZ-ish part) were all ridiculously cheesy. It all just seemed a bit too forced to be believable.
2) Kenny King beat Christian York in a fairly quick match. This didn't make a whole lot of sense to me, since York won at Genesis.
3) The recent debacle between Gail Kim and the whole "foot-under-the-rope" thing is dumb. Can they not think of any better way for Velvet Sky to become number one contender? It doesn't help either that WWE recently did a very similar angle with the whole Brad Maddox story.
Overall, Impact was decent this week and the good outweighed the bad. Hopefully they can continue that trend with next week's show.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.