ROH Event Details For Tomorrow's Live Milwaukee Show: Hardy Vs. Whitmer, Defy Or Deny Match
|By Christian Miller | January 18, 2013 | Comments|
Matches scheduled are:
- ROH World Champion Kevin Steen vs. Eddie Edwards vs. Roderick Strong vs. Michael Elgin- Defy of Deny Match- If Kevin Steen is eliminated, then whichever wrestler pins him will receive a shot at the ROH World Title in the near future. However, if Kevin Steen is the last wrestler standing, then whichever wrestler he pinned to win the match will never receive a title shot for the duration of his reign.
- Davey Richards vs. Kyle O'Reilly- These two wrestlers have had several confrontations in the past leading to their battle tomorrow, such as the 11/17 episode of ROH TV, where O'Reilly attacked Richards and Final Battle 2012, where Richards and Eddie Edwards reunited to defeat O'Reilly and Bobby Fish.
- Matt Hardy vs. BJ Whitmer- At Final Battle 2012, BJ Whitmer survived insane amounts of punishment, and had to be carted on a stretcher when he went through a table headfirst. Matt Hardy took issue with Whitmer's strong ability to survive, and had this to say via email to ROH officials:
"Stronger than death? In New York I heard fans say that BJ Whitmer was the one stronger than death, and that Matt Hardy had nothing on him. I don't know what all BJ has gone through in his life, I'm sure it's been traumatic, but none of it compares to everything I have seen and felt in my years traveling the globe as an internationally recognized superstar. I survived drugs, TLC, car wrecks, I have stared death in her face, walked through hell, and come out the other side with a smile on my face. Stronger than Death? That title only belongs to one man and that man is obviously Matt Hardy. So what I am telling ROH officials to do is make BJ Whitmer's career and let him get into the ring with me in Milwaukee. I heard you've traveled the world a little yourself too BJ but one night in the ring with Matt Hardy and more eyes will be on you than ever before. So make the most of it BJ but don't be mistaken, I will show you and everyone watching that night who really lives up to those three words."
Clearly the two have a score to settle.
- ROH World Tag Team Champions The Briscoes and Jay Lethal vs. SCUM (Steve Corino, Jimmy Jacobs and Rhino)
- ROH World TV Champion Adam Cole vs. Silas Young
- Bobby Fish vs. Tadarius Thomas
- Charlie Haas vs. Rhett Titus
In addition, there will also be an autograph signing before the live event where fans will have the chance to meet Matt Hardy, Roderick Strong and Charlie Haas.
Saturday, Jan 19, 2013 07:30pm EST
The Turner Hall Ballroom
1034 North 4th Street
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53203
Tickets available here.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.