Welcome to the WrestlingInc.com WWE Saturday Morning Slam recap.
- The show starts with the usual opener and we are welcomed to the show by the voice-over guy. Today, we have out first-ever Divas match on the show…
- We go to the ring as Alicia Fox enters and Josh Mathews welcomes us to the show, flanked by Booker T. Natalya is introduced and she starts to sarcastically wave at Alicia in the ring but the camera cuts to Josh and Booker for several seconds.
Natalya vs. Alicia Fox
Fox claps for Natalya as she poses on the ropes. Natalya puts her hand out and they slap 'fives.' Natalya goes behind and rolls Fox up for a quick 1 count. Fox reverses a headlock and take Natalya down. Natalya reverses on the mat with a head-scissors; Fox does a kip-up and Natalya applauds her. They do the same spot again but reversed. They trade arm-bars and counters. Natalya monkey-flips fox out of the corner but she lands on her feet. Fox goes for a dropkick but Natalya swats her away and goes for a Sharpshooter but Fox fights it.
Fox leapfrogs her and takes her down with a head-scissors; they show Josh and Booker for her next offensive move but the fans behind them in the first row squirm a bit. Fox covers her but Natalya kicks out. Fox applies a body scissors but Natalya stands up; Fox slams her down and gets 2. Back to the body-scissors and more near falls for Fox. Natalya powers up and is able to put on the Sharpshooter. Fox taps quickly.
Winner by submission: Natalya
- Still to come today, Sheamus in action.
- We return to a replay of Natalya's win with commentary by the voice guy. We segue to highlights of Sheamus as he is this weeks…
Saturday Morning Spotlight: Sheamus
They show a video set to a Celtic flute with Sheamus narrating. Wasn't he the Spotlight last week too?
- Sheamus is in action next.
- We're back and Sheamus is introduced to the ring. He welcomes us to the show and says when he was a wee fella in Ireland he liked nothing better than to spend his Saturdays watching WWE Superstars with his granny. He used to watch Randy Savage, Bret Hart, and Shawn Michaels. He says there is no better feeling in the world than to now be a Superstar, himself. He says it's a new year and he wants his title back. He slips, like Sandow last week, and says 'tonight' he's going to Test himself against the biggest, strongest superstar the WWE has ever seen but he wasn't available 'tonight' so he got Michael McGillicutty instead. McGillicutty's music hits and he comes down talking trash.
Sheamus vs. Michael McGillicutty
Sheamus hits an early shoulderblock and McGillicutty goes out to regroup. They run the ropes and Sheamus goes out to get a drink of water as McGillicutty comically continues to run the ropes by himself. He starts to tire out and slow as we go to commercial.
- Sheamus brings us a PSA not to try this at home from his dressing room.
- Back to action as McGillicutty continues to run the ropes with Sheamus leisurely watching in amusement with a bottle of water by the announce table. McGillicutty stops and looks over at Sheamus and cramps-up. Sheamus goes to check on him and gives him and drink of water. McGillicutty snaps out of it and swats Sheamus away. He says this is supposed to be serious and he's a serious wrestler. McGillicutty exits the ring and gets on all fours and crawls to hide behind one of the corners of the ring. Sheamus runs around and sees McGillicutty from behind and gives him a swift kick in the arse.
McGillicutty gets the first-man-in-advantage on Sheamus and kicks him off the apron, back to the floor. McGillicutty hits a suplex in the ring and Sheamus kicks out at 1. Sheamus recovers and keeps kicking McGillicutty's feet out from under him. He gives him an airplane spin. McGillicutty is dizzy and rolls up the ref and Sheamus counts to three. Pretty funny. McGillicutty thinks he won and Sheamus raises his hand. The ref protests and Sheamus lifts McGillicutty on his shoulders for White Noise.
Winner by pin: Sheamus
Sheamus celebrates with the fans as we see a replay.
- We transition into "another Superstar who is looking to build momentum in 2013, The Miz."
- Natalya is standing by with The Miz in the back. She asks his thoughts about facing Darren Young on next week's show. Miz says the Prime Time Players remind him of himself. PTP interrupts with a loud whistle. They say Miz is played out. Titus says talk is cheap and they start to do their million dollar dance. Miz stops them and tells them to go to Vegas and bet on the Miz and put that it their whistle and blow it.
- We see a graphic for Miz vs. Young as our host signs off until next week. "Have a good weekend everyone."
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.