|By Kian Terani | January 19, 2013 | Comments|
- The show starts with the usual opener and we are welcomed to the show by the voice-over guy. Today, we have out first-ever Divas match on the show…
- We go to the ring as Alicia Fox enters and Josh Mathews welcomes us to the show, flanked by Booker T. Natalya is introduced and she starts to sarcastically wave at Alicia in the ring but the camera cuts to Josh and Booker for several seconds.
Natalya vs. Alicia Fox
Fox claps for Natalya as she poses on the ropes. Natalya puts her hand out and they slap 'fives.' Natalya goes behind and rolls Fox up for a quick 1 count. Fox reverses a headlock and take Natalya down. Natalya reverses on the mat with a head-scissors; Fox does a kip-up and Natalya applauds her. They do the same spot again but reversed. They trade arm-bars and counters. Natalya monkey-flips fox out of the corner but she lands on her feet. Fox goes for a dropkick but Natalya swats her away and goes for a Sharpshooter but Fox fights it.
Fox leapfrogs her and takes her down with a head-scissors; they show Josh and Booker for her next offensive move but the fans behind them in the first row squirm a bit. Fox covers her but Natalya kicks out. Fox applies a body scissors but Natalya stands up; Fox slams her down and gets 2. Back to the body-scissors and more near falls for Fox. Natalya powers up and is able to put on the Sharpshooter. Fox taps quickly.
Winner by submission: Natalya
- Still to come today, Sheamus in action.
- We return to a replay of Natalya's win with commentary by the voice guy. We segue to highlights of Sheamus as he is this weeks…
Saturday Morning Spotlight: Sheamus
They show a video set to a Celtic flute with Sheamus narrating. Wasn't he the Spotlight last week too?
- Sheamus is in action next.
- We're back and Sheamus is introduced to the ring. He welcomes us to the show and says when he was a wee fella in Ireland he liked nothing better than to spend his Saturdays watching WWE Superstars with his granny. He used to watch Randy Savage, Bret Hart, and Shawn Michaels. He says there is no better feeling in the world than to now be a Superstar, himself. He says it's a new year and he wants his title back. He slips, like Sandow last week, and says 'tonight' he's going to test himself against the biggest, strongest superstar the WWE has ever seen but he wasn't available 'tonight' so he got Michael McGillicutty instead. McGillicutty's music hits and he comes down talking trash.
Sheamus vs. Michael McGillicutty
Sheamus hits an early shoulderblock and McGillicutty goes out to regroup. They run the ropes and Sheamus goes out to get a drink of water as McGillicutty comically continues to run the ropes by himself. He starts to tire out and slow as we go to commercial.
- Sheamus brings us a PSA not to try this at home from his dressing room.
- Back to action as McGillicutty continues to run the ropes with Sheamus leisurely watching in amusement with a bottle of water by the announce table. McGillicutty stops and looks over at Sheamus and cramps-up. Sheamus goes to check on him and gives him and drink of water. McGillicutty snaps out of it and swats Sheamus away. He says this is supposed to be serious and he's a serious wrestler. McGillicutty exits the ring and gets on all fours and crawls to hide behind one of the corners of the ring. Sheamus runs around and sees McGillicutty from behind and gives him a swift kick in the arse.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.
WWE NXT Live Viewing Party
Jimmy Snuka Suffering From Dementia, May Not Be Able To Stand Trial According To Lawyer
Top Indie Star Reportedly "Rubs People The Wrong Way" After WWE NXT Tryout Match
WWE Removes "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka From Hall Of Fame Section On Website
Possible WWE Return At Next Week's TV Tapings, Note On Sting's Status, WWE Stock Back Up
Daniel Bryan Advertised For Overseas WWE Live Event, Roman Reigns & Paige, Night Of Champions Theme
Former WCW Announcer Talks Dying Days Of WCW, The State Of TNA Today, Jerry Lawler Backstage, More
WWE Monday Night RAW Results - Sting Returns, John Cena Cashes In, Beat The Clock, More
Dolph Ziggler On Rusev Dating Lana, WWE Tough Enough Future, Xavier Woods Talks To WWE Stars
Brock Lesnar's Opponent For WWE Network Special From Madison Square Garden Revealed
** SPOILERS ** WWE SmackDown Results For This Week
WWE Releases Zahra Schreiber