|By Marc Middleton | January 21, 2013 | Comments|
- Still to come, Cena will address the fans. Back to commercial.
- Vickie Guerrero is backstage when Ziggler, Langston and AJ walk in bragging. AJ and Ziggler make out in front of Vickie. Ziggler talks about picking his number. Vickie interrupts and says she didn't say which number he gets to pick. Ziggler has to pick between #1 or #2. Vickie laughs and walks off.
- We see what happened earlier with The Shield beating down The Rock.
- Punk and Heyman are backstage walking when Vince McMahon appears. Vince asks them if they think they are clever. Punk says they had nothing to do with what happened to The Rock. Vince says if The Shield gets involved with Punk's match at Royal Rumble, then he will have severe consequences. Vince and Punk argue when Heyman tries to calm them down. Heyman says there is no evidence against Punk. Vince says his consequences are that he will strip Punk of the title. Vince walks off and we go to commercial.
Alberto Del Rio vs. Tensai
We go to the ring and out comes Ricardo Rodriguez to begin Alberto Del Rio's introduction. Out comes the World Heavyweight Champion to a nice reaction. We see Tensai waiting in the ring.
The bell rings and Tensai goes to work on Del Rio. Tensai takes Del Rio to the corner and whips him across the ring. Tensai with a big splash from the second rope. And another for a 2 count. Tensai runs into boots in the corner. Del Rio with a flying head scissors from the corner. Del Rio with a big belly to belly suplex. Del Rio with a kick to the side of the head in the corner. Del Rio hits a moonsault for the easy non-title win.
Winner: Alberto Del Rio
- After the match, Del Rio takes the mic and taunts Big Show for their Last Man Standing Match at Royal Rumble. Del Rio has the crowd count to 10 in Spanish. Ricardo leads them in a "si!" chant as Del Rio hits the corners.
- It's announced that Bob Backlund will be going into the WWE Hall of Fame this year.
Cena talks for several minutes about Sundays. Cena says it will be all out warfare in the Rumble. Cena promises that he will win the Rumble and goes to celebrate when Sheamus comes out to interrupt. Sheamus says that was a passionate speech but he thinks Cena has it all wrong. Sheamus says he will win it this year like he won last year. Darren Young and Titus O'Neil come out next. They talk when Randy Orton's music hits and he comes out. Orton didn't come to dance, he declares that he will win the Rumble. The Miz is out next and he says the same thing, because he's awesome. Kane's pyro goes off and he's out with Daniel Bryan. They argue about who will win before joining everyone else in the ring. Antonio Cesaro is out next. He says everyone is wrong and he will win the Royal Rumble match. Cesaro will dedicate his win to the United States, he says. 3MB is out next and they think they're going to win. A bunch of other Superstars come out at once and a brawl erupts in the ring. Sheamus and Ryback start tossing people out. RAW goes off the air.
What are your thoughts of tonight's show? Sound off below.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.
Big Title Change At WWE NXT "Takeover: WarGames" (Photos, Video)
WINC Podcast (11/18): NXT TakeOver: WarGames Review, Survivor Series Predictions, David Otunga
Who Won The Vacant WWE NXT Women's Title At "Takeover: WarGames" Tonight? (Photos, Video)
** SPOILERS ** WWE NXT Tapings For Next Week
WWE NXT "Takeover: WarGames" Pre-Show Video, The Velveteen Dream On Aleister Black (Video), Triple H
Photos Of The Stage And Two-Ring Setup For Tonight's WWE NXT "Takeover: WarGames" Event
HBK On Tonight's Takeover Segment With Johnny Gargano, Zelina Vega Backstage Video, Booker T
WWE NXT Star Borrows Donald Trump Line, Triple H Hypes Takeover Matches, Charlotte Flair's Win
Protective Order Filed Against WWE Star
Backstage Notes On WWE Talents Being Upset With Kevin Owens And Sami Zayn, Owens - Randy Orton Beef
Edge On Possible Reason For AJ Styles Defeating Jinder Mahal For The WWE Championship
Dolph Ziggler Takes Shot At James Ellsworth's WWE Release, Daniel Bryan Note, DDP, Legends Dinner
AJ Styles Hints At His WWE Run Ending In A Couple Of Years
Steve Austin Talks Quitting WWE Over Brock Lesnar Match, Who Was Responsible For Him Returning
How Much Money James Storm Was Making With Impact, Backstage Note On Impact Hall Of Fame Being Nixed
Triple H On If He Wants A Match With Kurt Angle, How Angle Was Cleared So Quickly Before WWE TLC