|By Raj Giri||January 22, 2013 | Comments|
SmackDown begins with an in-ring promo with Team Hell No, which is interrupted by The Big Show. Team Rhodes Scholars were out next and they threatened Team Hell No, which prompted Alberto Del Rio to enter the fray. SmackDown General Manager Booker T then came out to make a six-man tag team elimination match for tonight pitting Team Hell No and Del Rio against Team Rhodes Scholars and Big Show.
* Sheamus defeated Wade Barrett via pinfall with the Brogue kick.
* Natalya (with The Great Khali and Hornswoggle) defeated Rosa Mendes (with Epico and Primo) via submission with the sharpshooter.
WWE Champion CM Punk comes out and cuts a promo and complained that because of The Shield and their actions, Vince McMahon added a stipulation to his Royal Rumble match (if The Shield interferes, Punk will be stripped of the title). Punk called The Shield out, and refused to leave until they come out. The Shield came out to answer Punk's call. Punk told them to stay out of his way. The Shield responded with silence and left the ringside area.
Punk then addressed his match at The Royal Rumble against The Rock, and Rock came out to respond. Rock countered everything Punk said and then left the ring. Punk then simply held his belt high over his head to end the segment.
Punk then started talking trash about The Rock again, which brought Rock back out. The battled briefly before Rock hit Punk with a Rock Bottom. This part will likely not air.
* Randy Orton defeated Drew McIntyre by disqualification after Jinder Mahal interfered. After the match, Orton delivered RKOs to all three members of 3MB.
* The Miz defeated Darren Young (with Titus O'Neil) with the figure four leglock. Antonio Cesaro was on commentary.
* The main event is up next. Damien Sandow was out first, courtesy of Kane. Kane was then eliminated by countout. Daniel Bryan was then also eliminated by countout. Bout Kane and Bryan were eliminated in part by The Big Show, which was some foreshadowing to Sunday's Last Man Standing match. Show was then counted out. Alberto Del Rio then pinned Cody Rhodes to win the match.
After the match, Show attacked Del Rio and turned the announcer's table over him. Big Show then counted to ten as Del Rio was laid out.
After breaking through two tables, Alberto Del Rio pinned The Big Show in a no-disqualification match to retain the World Heavyweight Championship.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.
Possible Match For Monday's RAW, Triple H Hangs With Famous Strongman At NXT, Outside Intruders
UFC 187 Preview: Two Title Fights, Ten Top-5 Fighters, Weidman Vs. Belfort, Cormier Vs. Johnson
UFC Announces Former Heavyweight Champion To Be Inducted Into 2015 Hall Of Fame
Lana Tries To Assist Rusev At WWE Live Event, Update On New Angle With Lana And Dolph Ziggler
Backstage News On Samoa Joe's WWE Contract, Injured WWE Superstar Grows A Beard, Sami Zayn
Sunny Comments On Vivid Adult Film Talks, Artwork For WWE's DVD On The Kliq Revealed, The Rock
Daniel Bryan Sneak Peek Airing After RAW, Why Corey Graves Is In Las Vegas, Charlotte, Samoa Joe
** SPOILERS ** WWE NXT Taping Results For The Next Four Weeks (With Photos)
CM Punk Posts Light Hearted Tweet About Wrestling Again, Promoter Wants To Book Samoa Joe Vs. Punk
Details On Samoa Joe's NXT Deal, Jerry Lawler Featured On Last Letterman Episode, Stars At NXT
TNA Announcer Blasts WWE Hypocrisy After Samoa Joe Debut, TNA Live Event Tickets, Slammiversary
Backstage News On Samoa Joe's WWE Status, Joe Still Working Indie Tournament, New Comments