|By Christian Miller | January 23, 2013 | Comments|
Source: ROHWrestling- Both ROH live events in Dearborn and Milwaukee were a success, with rumblings of match of the year candidates. If you missed out on either show, Ring of Honor will be returning to Milwaukee Friday, July 12th and Dearborn on Saturday, July 13th. Dearborn tickets are available now, and Wisconsin ones will be available soon in the ROH store.
- The next Ring of Honor Wrestling TV tapings will be held in Baltimore on February 2nd. ROH Match Maker Nigel McGuinness has already signed several matches for the event, including American Wolves and Michael Elgin vs. Kyle O'Reilly, Bobby Fish and Roderick Strong, a ROH World Tag Team Title match (The Briscoes vs. an as of yet unnamed opponent) and the semi-finals and finals of the Top Prospect Tournament. Tickets are available now.
- Since ROH World Champion Kevin Steen has returned to Ring of Honor, not a single wrestler has been able to pin him, and he has successfully defended his title 14 times against the likes of Roderick Strong, Eddie Kingston, Rhino and Michael Elgin. In addition, both of the American Wolves are ineligible to compete for the ROH World Championship as long as Steen remains champion. Seeing as how Steen doesn't have many competitors left, perhaps a shot for Lethal isn't out of the question.
- During their match last Sunday, BJ Whitmer's partner Rhett Titus threw in the towel for Whitmer when Matt Hardy applied a guillotine choke. Considering what happened to Whitmer at Final Battle 2012, and taking into account the fact that Whitmer kicked out of two Twist of Fates by Hardy, Titus clearly had his partner's best interests in mind. Despite this, the two got into a heated argument following the match. Could this be the start of something?
- Last Friday, at Ring of Honor's live event in Dearborn, Jimmy Jacobs nearly beat ROH World TV Champion Adam Cole in their Proving Ground match. The match received rave reviews, and is worth seeing on DVD.
- ROH Wrestling returns to Cincinnati on February 16th. The main event will be ROH World Champion Kevin Steen, Steve Corino and Jimmy Jacobs vs. ROH World TV Champion Adam Cole, Davey Richards and Michael Elgin in a 6 Man Elimination War with no time limit. Additionally, ACH will go one on one with Roderick Strong, BJ Whitmer will battle Kyle O'Reilly and Mark Briscoe will face Nate Webb. Tickets are available now.
- Tuesday Rollout returns this week with a new a new 2 disc DVD chronicling AJ Styles' ROH career. "AJ Styles: Styles Clash" features 19 classic matches against the likes of Low Ki, Paul London, Homicide and Bryan Danielson. It is available for purchase now.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.
Another Wrestler Re-Signs With TNA, Comments From The Wolves
Former WCW Tag Team Champion Signs WWE Legends Deal, Talks Infamous Shockmaster Incident
Kevin Owens Talks Being In Money In The Bank If He Beats John Cena, Most Underrated NXT Talent
ROH COO Joe Koff On If ROH Is In Competition With TNA, Increased Exposure With Destination America
Ronda Rousey Addresses Controversial Bethe Correia Comment, UFC 187 Prelim Viewership, UFN Preview
Early San Andreas Reviews, More On Hulk Hogan In Expendables 4, Poster For New Batista Movie
Seth Rollins Talks Roman Reigns And Dean Ambrose In The Authority, Samoa Joe In NXT, Brock Lesnar
** SPOILERS ** WWE SmackDown Results For This Week
CM Punk-WWE Shop Update, WWE Hall Of Famer Asks WWE For Retirement Match, Superstar Challenges Celeb
WWE Interested In A Former TNA World Champion?
Top Star Possibly Injured At Last Night's WWE SmackDown Tapings (Updated With Photo)
Possible Reason For Daniel Bryan On Miz TV, Why WWE Pulled Hideo Itami Shirt, Actor Warns WWE Star