|By Kian Terani | January 24, 2013 | Comments|
- Bobby Roode and Austin Aries try to decide which one of them will face Hernandez. Roode lays out reasons for it to be Aries. Aries agrees with his points but counters with Roode's attributes. Roode argues that Aries beat him and so it should be him. Aries admits that was a fluke and Roode is really pleased he admitted that. Aries says for Roode to take care of Hernandez and he'll clean up the mess. Roode protests as we go to a commercial.
- A video package for Jeff Hardy is shown. Hardy cuts a promo on Daniels in the back as he walks with both title belts on his shoulders. He says he will expose Daniels tonight.
- Bobby Roode is introduced to the ring followed by Hernandez with Chavo Guerrero. Taz returns to commentary and notes how bad commentary was when he was gone. He says it was a very important call.
Bobby Roode vs. Hernandez
Tenay tells Taz he was called a coward by Bully and he changes the subject and wants to just call the match. Hernandez takes control and hits a delayed vertical suplex on Roode. Roode takes over and makes the cover but Hernandez kicks out with force. Roode continues to keep Hernandez under control and gets several near-falls. Hernandez hits a shoulderblock off the apron and starts a flurry on Roode. Hernandez hits a backbreaker and knocks Roode out of the ring.
Austin Aries comes down and Roode argues with him. Chavo starts to brawl with Aries. Roode hits a bulldog in the ring on Hernandez for the win.
Winner by pin: Bobby Roode
Roode and Aries argue like Kane and Daniel Bryan on the way up the ramp.
- Kurt Angle walks toward the Impact Zone as we go to break.
- A video runs of Angle getting taken out by Aces & 8's a few weeks ago. Taz' commentary from that night is included and is ironic now.
- Kurt Angle makes his entrance to the ring and says he thought Aces & 8's was going to be temporary but it is obviously that is not the case. He turns toward Taz and says he doesn't even know what revenge is. Angle calls out Mr. Anderson. Anderson makes the Aces & 8's entrance complete with leather garb and beanie. He gets in Angle's face and says he doesn't want to fight Angle next week. He cheapshots Angle and says he wants to do it now. Angle explodes out of the corner and Anderson escapes. Angle says he won't be able to escape next week because they will be in a steel cage. Taz says he can't do that.
- Daniels & Kazarian get ready in the back as we then see Hardy walking.
- Back from a commercial as Anderson enters the clubhouse all pissed-off. He tells the "hookers" to shut up. Devon tries to calm him down and tells him to enjoy what they have here as a girl joins his lap.
- We go to the ring as Kazarian and Daniels come to the ring. Jeff Hardy is out next as he slaps hands with the fans. JB does the formal ring introductions.
TNA World Championship: Jeff Hardy (c) vs. Daniels
A large 'Hardy' chant breaks out as the bell rings and here we go. They lock up and Daniels backs Hardy in the corner and they make a clean break. Hardy hits a head-scissors but Daniels ducks the dropkick in the corner. Daniels tosses Hardy to the floor as we take a commercial break.
We see that during the break Kaz worked Hardy over on the floor. Taz praises his actions with enthusiasm. Daniels mounts Hardy with strikes in the ring and stomps him. Daniels gets 2 and goes back to keeping Hardy on the mat. Daniels gets in the ref's face and they argue. Taz says sometimes you have to keep the ref in-line. Hardy mounts a comeback and hits a splash off the 2nd buckle for 2. Daniels turns it back around with a submission but Hardy's foot hits the ropes and the ref breaks the hold. Hardy hits a front suplex off the top to Daniels but the rope makes the save for Daniels this time. Daniels misses with the moonsault out of the corner but Hardy also misses and Daniels calls for the end.
Hardy counters a double underhook with a head-scissors takedown and the Twist of Fate. Hardy also takes care of Kaz at ringside. Hardy hits the Swanton for the win.
Winner by pin And Still TNA World Champion: Jeff Hardy
Taz leaves commentary and grabs a mic. He says he wants to do his job as a good announcer and have a word with the champ. He has Hardy's attention as a large masked man appears in the ring and hits Hardy from behind in the knee with a hammer. Taz says he was going to tell Hardy to watch his back. The refs check on Hardy as we go off the air.
What are your thoughts on tonight's show? Sound off below.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.
Former UFC Heavyweight Champion Kevin Randleman Dead At 44 Years Old
Scary Moment At Tonight's WWE NXT Live Event
Kanye West Asks For Hulk Hogan And Ric Flair For His Party, Gets Another WWE Star Instead
Daniel Bryan Collection Being Added To Network, Jericho And Styles Team Up, Sasha Banks Speaks, More
Stephanie McMahon's Instagram Hacked, Brock Lesnar - Smackdown Note, Split Crew For SmackDown
Bret Hart Issues Statement After Cancer Surgery
WWE SmackDown Recap (2/11): Jericho Vs. Styles, Dudley Boyz Heel Promo, Sasha Banks, Wyatts, More
WWE Star Asks To Face The Undertaker, WWE Hires PR Firm For Stephanie McMahon, WWE Star - MMA Note
Titus O'Neil Suspension Changed, WWE On If Suspension Was Racially Motivated, Titus' Text To WWE
WWE Star Reportedly Suspended For Unprofessional Conduct Towards Vince McMahon
Backstage Talk On Vince McMahon Suspending Titus O'Neil To Send A Message To The WWE Roster
Batista Says He Told Titus O'Neil To Request His WWE Release Following Suspension
Braun Strowman WrestleMania Plans Reportedly Changed, Possible WWE World Title Feud For This Year
Muhammad Hassan's First Full Interview In Years: Heat In WWE, Leaving Wrestling, Trump, Hogan, More