|By Raj Giri||January 25, 2013 | Comments|
SmackDown begins with an in-ring promo with Team Hell No, which is interrupted by The Big Show. Team Rhodes Scholars were out next and they threatened Team Hell No, which prompted Alberto Del Rio to enter the fray. SmackDown General Manager Booker T then came out to make a six-man tag team elimination match for tonight pitting Team Hell No and Del Rio against Team Rhodes Scholars and Big Show.
* Sheamus defeated Wade Barrett via pinfall with the Brogue kick.
* Natalya (with The Great Khali and Hornswoggle) defeated Rosa Mendes (with Epico and Primo) via submission with the sharpshooter.
WWE Champion CM Punk comes out and cuts a promo and complained that because of The Shield and their actions, Vince McMahon added a stipulation to his Royal Rumble match (if The Shield interferes, Punk will be stripped of the title). Punk called The Shield out, and refused to leave until they come out. The Shield came out to answer Punk's call. Punk told them to stay out of his way. The Shield responded with silence and left the ringside area.
Punk then addressed his match at The Royal Rumble against The Rock, and Rock came out to respond. Rock countered everything Punk said and then left the ring. Punk then simply held his belt high over his head to end the segment.
Punk then started talking trash about The Rock again, which brought Rock back out. The battled briefly before Rock hit Punk with a Rock Bottom. This part will likely not air.
* Randy Orton defeated Drew McIntyre by disqualification after Jinder Mahal interfered. After the match, Orton delivered RKOs to all three members of 3MB.
* The Miz defeated Darren Young (with Titus O'Neil) with the figure four leglock. Antonio Cesaro was on commentary.
* The main event is up next. Damien Sandow was out first, courtesy of Kane. Kane was then eliminated by countout. Daniel Bryan was then also eliminated by countout. Bout Kane and Bryan were eliminated in part by The Big Show, which was some foreshadowing to Sunday's Last Man Standing match. Show was then counted out. Alberto Del Rio then pinned Cody Rhodes to win the match.
After the match, Show attacked Del Rio and turned the announcer's table over him. Big Show then counted to ten as Del Rio was laid out.
After breaking through two tables, Alberto Del Rio pinned The Big Show in a no-disqualification match to retain the World Heavyweight Championship.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.
SmackDown Match Announced, Summer Rae Reacts To Turning On Damien Sandow, Rosa Mendes And Adam Rose
Site News: New Mobile Site, Send Us Your Feedback
New Gimmick Match Revealed For WWE Extreme Rules, Another Main Event Change, Kickoff Pre-show Match
Former ROH Champion Set To Retire
Title Match At WWE Extreme Rules Not Taking Place?, WWE NXT Live Event Announced For NY
Chris Jericho's Next Live WWE Network Podcast Revealed
Paige VanZant Vs. Felice Herrig Highlights, UFC Rankings Movement, Why Phil Davis Left UFC
Top WWE Superstar Reportedly "Berates" Fans At Airport, John Cena Congratulates The Bellas, The Rock
Latest On Daniel Bryan's Condition, Bryan Reportedly Did Not Suffer Concussion
More On WWE Writing The Miz Out Of TV This Monday, Dean Ambrose Replacing Paige, Roman Reigns
WWE Monday Night RAW Results - Triple H Returns, John Cena Defends, Randy Orton, More
Daniel Bryan's First Social Media Post After Being Pulled From WWE Tour