Welcome to ongoing coverage of tonight's WWE SmackDown. You all can chime in with your thoughts throughout the show.
Please help spread word of tonight's coverage. Twitter users, please share this page by clicking the 'Share' button below:
Keep hitting REFRESH on your browser to get the most up-to-date results.
- SmackDown begins with a video package of The Rock's beating from RAW on Monday. How will CM Punk react to Mr. McMahon's stipulation for his match at the Royal Rumble? Plus, who will be the last man standing this Sunday, Alberto Del Rio or Big Show?
- Kane's pyro explodes in the arena and he makes his way to the ring with Daniel Bryan. Josh Mathews and JBL welcome us to the show and we see footage of the Kane–Bryan graduation and mass hug-session from RAW. The crowd chants 'Yes' and Kane says they are here to address the rumors that they've gone soft because they've learned to channel their anger. Kane says he's going to win the Rumble match and Bryan has an issue with that. Kane goes on to talk about his record in the Royal Rumble but Bryan reminds him that he's never won. They argue and Big Show interrupts.
Show tells them they have no chance this Sunday but he has a 100% chance at getting his title back. He says Del Rio stole his title. Show tells them to get out of his ring or he'll squash them. Kane says they are not bug but the Tag Champs and they are not going anywhere. Bryan shouts "No!' as Damien Sandow & Cody Rhodes interrupt. Sandow says Kane & Bryan should be focuses on him and Cody. He says they will be destructed like biblical proportions. Cody calls the fans simpletons and says they will take the tag titles at the Royal Rumble. Sandow proposes an alliance with the Big Show.
Alberto Del Rio's music hits and he comes down with Ricardo and gets in Big Show's face. Booker T stops things on the stage. He wants to make this fight official. He makes: Team Rhodes Scholars & Big Show vs. Team Hell No & Alberto Del Rio. He adds that it will be a 6-Man Elimination. Show is left alone in the ring and Del Rio drop toe-holds him to the corner. Del Rio winks at him and makes 'kissy' faces at him. Show retreats as he is outnumbered and he tears up the steps at ringside.
- CM Punk will call out The Shield tonight.
- Sheamus and Wade Barrett walk in a split-screen as we go to break.
- Footage of Barrett's match in the Beat the Clock with Sheamus at RAW is shown with Ziggler and co.'s interference.
- Sheamus makes his entrance to the ring. Josh wonders if Sheamus can win back-to-back Rumble matches. Waded Barrett comes out to the ring.
Sheamus vs. Wade Barrett
Sheamus gets an early near-fall as they go back-and-forth. Wade comes back with a dropkick and drops knees on Sheamus. Sheamus comes back and Wade ducks out of the ring to avoid the Brogue Kick. Sheamus brings him back in but Wade kicks him in the face off the apron as Josh sends to commercial.
Barrett clotheslines Sheamus over the top as we return to action. Sheamus leaps over the top off the apron to take Wade out with a shoulder. Sheamus hits forearms in the ropes and a rolling Senton with Wade on his shoulders for 2. Wade Barrett tries to create some space but falls short. Wade pulls Sheamus off the top and side-kicks him in the face but Sheamus kicks out. Barrett comes off the top but Sheamus gets his knees up. Sheamus hits White Noise and starts to beat his chest. Sheamus hits the Brogue Kick for the win.
Winner by pin: Sheamus
- A RAW Roulette promo sends us to commercial.
- We return to the Rock-Shield footage from RAW.
- The Rock is here tonight and he will comment as we see Punk and Paul Heyman in the back.
- Khali, Natalya, and Hornswoggle come to the ring as we take yet another commercial break.
- Rosa Mendes dances in the ring as we return; Khali with Hornswoggle on his lap are on commentary along with Primo & Epico.
Natalya vs. Rosa Mendes
They ladies lock-up trade holds. Primo & Epico try to explain Rosa's purpose in their team. Khali tries to speak period. The girls go back-and-forth. Rosa hits a clothesline in the ring and shakes her booty as Hornswoggle gets up to do the same on the table and distracts her. Natalya gets the win with the Sharpshooter.
Winner by submission: Natalya
- CM Punk addresses The Shield NEXT.
- Punk's music blares in the arena as we return to the show. Lilian Garcia announces Punk and Paul Heyman to the ring.
Punk says he's so scared he can't sleep at night. He says he's scared of his own potential. He says there is only one thing that can make his 432 days as champion go up in smoke. He throws back his hood as the fans chant 'Rocky.' Punk says no, not Rocky. He's talking about The Shield. Paul Heyman shows Mr. McMahon's written statement that says if The Shield gets involved in Punk's match, Punk will be stripped of the title.
Punk says The Shield is going to be able to swoop in and do what nobody else has been able to do. Punk says he's going to do something nobody has the stones to do. He goes out and gets a chair and calls out The Shield. Roman Reigns appears, alone as always, and he walks down one side of the stands. Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins appear together and they all slowly surround the apron.
Punk says he never asked for their help and tells them to stay out of his way. Punk says his match with The Rock will be the biggest win of his career and he will do it by himself because he's the best in the world. He says if justice is what they seek then they never have to cross paths again. The crowd chants for Rock as The Shield slowly retreat back over the security wall. Punk throws the chair away and says that is how the champ handles business. He says The Great One is inferior to the Best in the World. Punk calls himself the greatest of all time. The Rock's music hits and the place goes nuts.
Rock gets in the ring as Punk holds the world title in front of him. Rock says his gut says Punk is a liar and he is working with the Shield but his heart doesn't give a damn because his boot is getting shoved up his candy ass. That last part sounded dubbed-in. Rock demonstrates with his arm how he will deliver the Rock Bottom to Punk. He says at the height of the move Punk's last thought will be that it's over. He promises to be the WWE Champion and leaves the ring. He looks back from the stage and Punk raises the title over his head.
- Randy Orton walks toward the arena as we go to break.
- 3MB plays air-guitar in the ring as we return. Randy Orton makes his entrance.
Randy Orton vs. Drew McIntyre
Drew stomps Orton in the corner but pays for it. Orton hits a powerslam and takes Drew down with a neckbreaker. Jinder Mahal enters the ring and the bell rings. Orton gives him the RKO and DDT's Drew in the ropes. Heath Slater comes in and gets an RKO. Randy coils and gives another RKO to Drew. Orton poses on the ropes. No finish is announced but it was obviously a disqualification.
The Miz vs. Darren Young
Young gets an early near-fall as Titus O'Neil cheers him on from ringside. Miz fights back with right hands in the corner and hits his signature clothesline. Miz comes off the top with a double axe and applies the Figure-4. Young taps.
Winner by submission: The Miz
Cesaro waves the American flag from ringside and locks eyes with Miz.
- We see footage of the Rock and CM Punk from earlier.
- The numerical Royal Rumble promo runs with various stats.
- We go to the ring for the introductions for our main event. Ricardo comes out and introduces Alberto Del Rio as we go to a break.
- Daniel Bryan & Kane makes their entrance followed by Team Rhodes Scholars and The Big Show.
6-Man Tag-Team Elimination: Team Hell No & Alberto Del Rio vs. Team Rhodes Scholars & The Big Show
Cody starts off with Del Rio and they trade offense. Del Rio hits a beautiful head-scissors takedown from the top. Sandow and Bryan come in for battle. Bryan hits No Kicks in the corner. Bryan tags Kane who hits a dropkick to Sandow's face but Cody distracts him from ringside. Kane regains offense with a chokeslam and eliminates Sandow. Big Show gets a DDT from Kane but kicks out. Kane goes up top and drops Show with a clothesline an another one over the top. Show counters Kane on the floor with what appears to be the KO Punch and knocks him down. Kane is counted out and eliminated as we go to commercial.
Cody Rhodes gets a near-pin on Daniel Bryan as we return to action. They collide in the middle of the ring and Cody reaches Big Show for the tag. Bryan takes Show's legs out from under him and goes up top but Show swats his chest in mid-air. Show hits the KO to Bryan and he falls to the floor and is eliminated. Del Rio is the last from his team and hesitates but enters the ring with fire. Show chokeslams him out of the ring and helps the ref count. Del Rio makes it back in by nine and Show knocks him back out and goes out to bring him back in.
Del Rio kicks Show out of the ring and he is counted out. Cody tries to capitalize and rolls up Del Rio but he kicks out. Del Rio connects with a kick to the face and gets 2. Del Rio hits the running Enzuigiri in the corner for the win.
Winner by pin: Alberto Del Rio
Big Show spears Del Rio from behind and pulls him to the announce booth and knocks him out with the KO. Show turns the announce table over onto Del Rio and starts counting to ten and announces himself as the new world champion. The crowd chants that Big Show sucks as he counts to ten in Spanish.
Officials check on Del Rio as we go off the air.
What are your thoughts on tonight's show? Sound off below.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.