|By Raj Giri||January 27, 2013 | Comments|
The WWE apparently also decided it would be better to start the matches right away while 1/3 or more of the crowd was still filtering in from the lines outside. I guess because they were already delayed over an hour, that was the best they could do. By the time my family and I got inside the first of the NXT matches was already over. We also couldn't really see what was happening in the ring too much, i.e. the moves and who did what to who, but here is a report of at least who was wrestling and who won, from what we could tell:
* Xavier Woods vs Leo Kruger - Winner Leo Kruger by pinfall
* Kofi Kingston then came out and did a promo
* Bo Dallas vs Luke Harper- Winner Bo Dallas by pinfall
* Zack Ryder then came out and did a promo
* Oliver Grey vs Connor O'Brien - Winner Connor O'Brien by submission
* Layla then came out and did a promo
* Next was the Miz Show with Antonio Cesaro with a brief knockdown of Cesaro by the Miz at the end
* Semi-Final - Adrian Neville vs Leo Kruger - Winner Leo Kruger by submission
* Ryback then came out and did a promo
* Brodus Clay, Cameron and Naomi then came out for a promo. 3MB interrupted and then they had a "dance off" with the crowd choosing Clay and co. over 3MB, though there were a lot of people cheering for 3MB.
* Semi-Final - Bo Dallas vs Connor O'Brien - Winner Bo Dallas by pinfall
* Then AJ Lee came out and did a promo, touting "Ziggy" and how he was going to win the Rumble.
* Then Team Hell No came out and did a "hug off" with the crowd.
* Final Match - Bo Dallas vs Leo Kruger - Winner Bo Dallas by pinfall, who then cut a promo about being in the Royal Rumble and how great that was going to be.
After that final match the announcer said that the "Montreal Screw-Job" panel would be beginning soon and many people started to exit. I should say that during the matches, right around the Woods/Kruger match, Triple H came out on one of the upstairs lobbies to watch the action. Some of the fans noticed him and waved, but most of the fans followed Triple H's desires and paid attention to the matches instead of him. Bad Ass Billy Gunn and Bill DeMott were also in the production booth near the ring, but many fans also just said hello quickly and then went back to watching the in-ring action (at least as much as they could). At one point Triple H threw an empty water bottle from the balcony down toward Billy Gunn, which was pretty funny for those of us near enough to see it happen.
Anyway, the announcer also said that the fan fest would continue with additional matches and an appearance by Alberto Del Rio, for those of us who weren't going to the "shooting straight" panels. Again, getting into the panels was a pain because some people who didn't know about them wanted to buy tickets but were told the fire marshal said no more tickets could be sold. Other people who had tickets purchased had to stand in line again, only to be told later that their tickets were still at will call, then they had to fight through the rest of the crowd to get to the will call window, then got a hassle from building security when they tried to "re-enter" (which basically meant going through the hastily set up 'barrier' of black cloth that was set up between the ring and will-call) and so they ended up missing a good portion of the expensive event they had purchased tickets for.
I didn't go to the panels, but I also didn't stick around to see all of the rest of the matches. I needed to get a quick breath of air and use the rest room, so since some of the crowd thinned out when the panel started I decided to take my chances and head outside to use the portable rest room. I was able to get out and back in, but not before some other matches had happened. It looked like one of the matches had Kofi Kingston and Drew McIntyre, one of the other matches had Natalya but I didn't see against who. It looked like Luke Harper had a match as well. Then I made it back inside and saw the wrap up:
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.
WWE Star Named Pace Car Driver For NASCAR, Update On Daniel Bryan WWE Network Collection (Video)
Triple H Fought Hard To Get Beat Down By Roman Reigns, Sean Waltman Says It Almost Didn't Happen
WWE Hall Of Famer Sunny Hospitalized This Week
WWE NXT Live Event Results From Jacksonville (2/11): Main Event Injury, Apollo Crews, Asuka, More
Former UFC Heavyweight Champion Kevin Randleman Dead At 44 Years Old
Scary Moment At Tonight's WWE NXT Live Event
Kanye West Asks For Hulk Hogan And Ric Flair For His Party, Gets Another WWE Star Instead
WWE Star Asks To Face The Undertaker, WWE Hires PR Firm For Stephanie McMahon, WWE Star - MMA Note
Titus O'Neil Suspension Changed, WWE On If Suspension Was Racially Motivated, Titus' Text To WWE
WWE Star Reportedly Suspended For Unprofessional Conduct Towards Vince McMahon
Backstage Talk On Vince McMahon Suspending Titus O'Neil To Send A Message To The WWE Roster
Scary Moment At Tonight's WWE NXT Live Event
Batista Says He Told Titus O'Neil To Request His WWE Release Following Suspension
Braun Strowman WrestleMania Plans Reportedly Changed, Possible WWE World Title Feud For This Year