WWE RAW Results - Brock Lesnar Attacks Again, Fans Pick Punk's Opponent, More
|By Marc Middleton | February 04, 2013 | Comments|
Back from the break and Punk back drops Jericho. Punk with a leg drop to the back of the head and another. Punk drops another and covers Jericho for 2. Punk with another hold on the mat. More back and forth. Punk springboards in with a clothesline but misses it. Jericho makes a comeback and comes off the top. Jericho with a bulldog. He goes for a Lionsault but Punk gets his knees up. Punk blocks Walls of Jericho but misses the high knee in the corner. Jericho climbs up with right hands. They crash to the mat and Jericho covers for a 2 count. Punk stops another Lionsault. Jericho slides out of GTS and goes for Walls of Jericho. Punk turns it into a roll up for 2. Jericho with a 2 count. Punk with a swinging neckbreaker for 2. Punk hits the knee in the corner and a clothesline. Punk goes to the top but misses the big elbow drop. Jericho hits a Lionsault and covers for 2. Punk with a superkick for another close 2 count. Punk locks in the Anaconda Vise but Jericho makes it to the bottom rope. Punk takes his time breaking the hold.
Jericho goes to the top but Punk cuts him off. Punk scoops Jericho for GTS but Jericho counters and locks in the Walls. Punk makes it to the bottom rope and breaks the hold. Punk goes for GTS again but Jericho goes for the Walls again. Punk blocks it and throws Jericho into the ring post. Punk nails GTS for the win.
Winner: CM Punk
- We get a Hall of Fame video for Bruno Sammartino.
- Still to come, Cena will call out The Shield. Back to commercial.
- Matt Striker catches up with CM Punk backstage and asks where his head is at. Punk calls The Rock a thief for walking around with the WWE Title. Punk says he will prove he's the best in the world again at Elimination Chamber.
- Cole leads us into a video on The Rock's WWE Title win.
- John Cena is backstage with Josh Mathews. He's back and he's focused, smack in the middle of whoop-ass season. Cena says he's going to the ring to call out The Shield. Cena says The Shield pushed last week but he pushes back tonight. We go back to commercial.
- Big Show is at his hotel again, on the phone. He answers the door and it's someone with the contract. The man tries to tell Show something but he hushes him while he looks at the contract. Show signs the contract and gives it back to the man to take to Booker T. Show opens the door and Alberto Del Rio is standing there. Del Rio pulls Show into the hallway and beats on him. Show hits a body blow and turns it around. Show throws Del Rio through a piece of furniture and kicks him around the hall. Show breaks the leg off a table but turns around to a fire extinguisher spray. Del Rio lays Show out with a big shot from the fire extinguisher to the skull. The elevator opens and Del Rio says Show had some bad Mexican food. Del Rio hops on the elevator and leaves Show laid out.
- We come back to the arena and Brad Maddox is in the ring.
Maddox says Paul Heyman used him and preyed on him. Maddox says he's an innocent victim. Maddox says he's the one who gave Vince McMahon the footage. Maddox says he's the hero now so it will be him and not John Cena who will teach The Shield about justice. Maddox calls Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns to the ring.
The Shield's music hits and here they come through the crowd. Ambrose says they don't need an invitation. Ambrose calls Maddox a rat. Rollins talks to Maddox about what justice really is and threatens him with a beating he deserves. Maddox says to come give it. The Shield are at ringside now as Reigns says they are going to enjoy it this time. They hit the ring and Maddox strikes Ambrose first. The Shield beat Maddox down and hit the triple powerbomb.
John Cena's music hits and out he comes through the crowd. Ryback's music hits next and here he comes through another part of the crowd. Sheamus is next and he's also coming through the fans. Cena, Ryback and Sheamus surround the ringside area but Shield leaves the ring and go up the ramp. The WWE locker room, led by Randy Orton, comes out and backs them back into the ring. Cena, Sheamus and Ryback hit the ring and all six Superstars brawl. Sheamus and Reigns, Ryback and Rollins, Ambrose and Cena go at it. The Shield gets sent to the floor and escape through the crowd. RAW goes off the air with Cena, Ryback and Sheamus standing tall in the ring.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.