Welcome to the WrestlingInc.com WWE Main Event Recap.
- The opener runs with pyro and crowd shots. Michael Cole welcomes us to the show with JBL. Mr. McMahon has underwent successful hip surgery and there is no timetable for his return.
- Cody Rhodes comes down the ramp with a mic. He says this show is a farce which is a word that his friend Damien Sandow taught him. He says his match with Sheamus isn't happening until he addresses this. He has waited 6 years to be champion but he isn't in the Elimination Chamber. He says the other guys have won and lost the title and they are failures. Cody grabs a chair and sits in the ring; he says he will sit here until Booker T comes out to give him his match. Cole reminds him that this is not SmackDown. Cody says to text Booker or call him but he isn't leaving.
Sheamus comes out and wants Cody to take a Brogue Kick like a man so they can give the fans what they came to see. Cody does a Sheamus impression and Sheamus says it sucked. Cody dismisses Sheamus and says he only wants Booker. Sheamus pretends to be Booker and calls Cody 'Sucka.' Cody says he'll go higher than Booker and Sheamus does a Vickie impression. Cody says he is connected as a 'Rhodes.' Sheamus asks him if he's really going to go into Mr. McMahon's hospital room and ask for a match. Cody says yes. Sheamus answers him as Vince and says he's fired. Cody clocks him in the head and Sheamus responds back, sending Cody to the floor.
Sheamus vs. Cody Rhodes
Sheamus comes off the ropes with a big shoulder but Cody comes back strong with a side headlock. Sheamus hits a series of shoulders and Cody goes out to regroup. Cody lands stomps in the corner but Sheamus comes back with an Irish Curse for a 2. Sheamus sends Cody hard into the corner and knees him in the back of the head for another near-fall. Sheamus hits a nice suplex to keep Cody under control. He tosses Cody over the top but Cody hangs on and powers back in. Sheamus responds with the forearms in the ropes spot and knocks him off the apron. JBL says he almost knocked his mustache off. Cody tries to brawl with Sheamus on the floor but comes up short as we go to break.
Cody gets the advantage from the apron and throws Sheamus back to the floor. Sheamus makes it back in but Cody stomps him in the corner. Sheamus fights off his knees but Cody hits him with a dropkick and a knee to the face for 2. Sheamus manages a backbreaker as both men are counted on the mat. Both get up and Sheamus builds momentum with a flurry. Cody knees Sheamus up top and Sheamus falls to the mat but kicks out at 2. Sheamus counters Cross Rhodes with White Noise but he is winded. Sheamus calls for it as the fans cheer; Sheamus hits The Brogue Kick to Cody for the win.
Winner by pin: Sheamus
- The Fandango vignette runs.
- Damien Sandow makes his way down the ramp. Cole asks JBL if he liked his tutorial on how to download the WWE App on RAW. JBL says he sounded like the teacher Matt Striker. Sandow says he is disgusted by the travesty we have just witnessed. He says Cody Rhodes should be in the Elimination Chamber. He calls Sheamus an albino and says he will avenge Cody's loss by defeating his arch nemesis: "Bearded goat-face, I summon thee." Daniel Bryan comes to the ring.
Daniel Bryan vs. Damien Sandow
They go back and forth and Bryan gets the early upper-hand. Bryan side-steps and Sandow flies out of the ring; Bryan hits a knee off the apron and sends Sandow back in as Kane's pyro explodes. Bryan looks at Kane like what is he doing; Sandow rolls Bryan up from behind for 2. Bryan lands a series of No Kicks to Sandow and tells Kane to get out of here. Kane sets off the ringside pyro which allows Sandow to hit the neckbreaker from behind for the win.
Winner by pin: Damien Sandow
Kane backs up the ramp and shrugs as Bryan scolds him from the ring.
- Brodus Clay is approached backstage by Tamina and Aksana who tell him he needs real women as his dancers. Tamina says she can be sensual and chomps on a slice of cake. Aksana thinks they are hired. Clay says they can 'kick it' but they are not hired. The Funkadactyls show up and they argue as Clay calms them down. Aksana calls Naomi 'Kofi' and Clay holds her back. They throw juice or something on Tamina and Aksana. We go to break.
- The RAW Rebound is shown of The Shield and Cena. They show the exclusive from WWE.com where Cena challenges them for Elimination Chamber.
- Brodus Clay makes his entrance and commentary on the way down the ramp. Aksana and Tamina attack The Funkadactyls at ringside. Clay tries to keep peace as we go to break.
Tamina & Aksana vs. The Funkadactyls
Cole says we have an impromptu Divas match. So who was Clay going to wrestle? Clay gets on commentary and says he is excited to be there. Tamina and Cameron mix it up but the camera cuts away to Clay. Is this Saturday Morning Slam? Cameron hits a badly timed bulldog faceplant for 2. Clay tells some jokes and leaves commentary. Tamina drops a couple of legs on Cameron as Cole says it has been a thrilling episode. Tamina tags in Aksana who continues offense on Cameron. Aksana hits a side slam and gets a 1 and she keeps Cameron from tagging Naomi. Cameron comes back and makes the tag to Naomi who turns it up against Aksana. She tosses Aksana out and dropkicks both through the ropes. Naomi shows great acrobatics. She goes up top and hits a crossbody for 2. Naomi hits a big leg off the ropes and gets the win on Aksana. This girl can wrestle.
Winners by pin: The Funkadactyls
Clay and Co. dance in the ring as we go off the air.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.