Saturday Morning Slam Recap: Kofi & Brodus Vs. PTP, Cody's Mustache & Sheamus, More
|By Kian Terani | February 09, 2013 | Comments|
- The opening theme runs and we go to shots of the crowd in the arena. Today, Brodus Clay & Kofi Kingston will face The Prime Time Players. We see a highlight package for both teams.
- We go to the ring as PTP makes their entrance. Titus blows his whistle on the way down and calls a personal foul on the audience for not recognizing the most talented team in WWE. Darren plays sidekick and they dance in the ring. Brodus' music interrupts and he comes down with the Funkadactyls. Josh Mathews is joined on commentary by Heath Slater. Kofi Kingston makes is entrance.
Kofi Kingston & Brodus Clay vs. Prime Time Players
Young starts off with Kofi. Kofi shows his athleticism and gets 2 on Young. Kofi tags Brodus but Young runs into Titus' arms in the corner. Brodus takes it to Young and throws him to the floor. Titus calls for a timeout and checks on his partner. Clay gets on all fours and Kofi leaps off his back, over the top, and onto PTP. The usual shy camera angles on this show were nowhere to be found on this move as we saw a stunning angle from underneath Kofi as he flew through the air. They should do those more often but they are so inconsistent with what they can and can't show on a Saturday morning. We go to commercial.
Back to action as Titus O'Neil controls Kofi in the ring. Heath Slater keeps talking about his band 3MB but has no specifics for Josh Mathews. Titus and Darren take turns and keep Kofi isolated. Kofi creates some space and leaps in for the hot-tag to Brodus. Clay turns it up on Titus but Young breaks the cover. Kofi comes off the top with a crossbody onto Darren and Brodus hits the splash on Titus for the win.
Winners by pin: Brodus Clay & Kofi Kingston
Kofi, Brodus, and The Funkadactyls dance in the ring with some kids.
- Saturday Morning Spotlight: Justin Gabriel – The usual highlight package is shown.
- Curt Hawkins is in the ring for our next match. Justin Gabriel makes his entrance.
Justin Gabriel vs. Curt Hawkins
Curt is sporting a new short hairdo. Hawkins tries to start a "You still got it" chant for himself. They go back and forth and Hawkins stretches Gabriel out on the mat. Gabriel works his way up and dropkicks Hawkins to the floor then follows up with a corkscrew over the top.
- Justin Gabriel delivers this week's PSA to not try this at home, before he leaps off the ropes in an empty arena.
- Back from a break as Gabriel springboards into the ring from the apron for a crossbody and a 2 on Hawkins. Hawkins catches Gabriel in the air and hits an impressive and forceful slam for 2. Gabriel goes up top and hits the 450 splash right into our living room for the win. The censors must have been off this week.
Winner by pin: Justin Gabriel
- Natalya interviews Cody Rhodes in the back. She asks about his mustache and his match next week with Sheamus. Sheamus interrupts Cody's explanation and says Cody's mustache reminds him of the time he tried to grow one at age 7. Cody interrupts him and says Sheamus is jealous. Cody tells Natalya that her dad had fantastic facial hair and wants her to tell Sheamus how fantastic he looks. Natalya says his mustache is awful. Sheamus says when they get in the ring next week, things will get real hairy for Cody. OK that was kind of funny. Cody says he lied about Natalya's dad and that he was the original goat-face. Touché. Natalya rolls her eyes as we go off the air.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.