|By Kian Terani | February 09, 2013 | Comments|
- A tour bus arrives in the parking lot and the driver gets out to make sure the coast is clear for Big Show. Show exits the bus and makes his way into the arena.
- The opener runs and we go straight to Big Show's music. Big Show comes down in his suit and gets in the ring. Josh Mathews and JBL are at ringside.
Show says he is sick and tired of the double standards around here. He asks if it is a crime to be unpopular. He says he was forced to put his title up in a Tables Match. He says Del Rio is popular (he is?) and he can get away with doing anything. Show calls Del Rio the Mexican Clint Eastwood and says the World Title is coming back with him. Show says Del Rio is suspended but that is nothing but a night off. He blames Booker T's jealousy of him for these double standards.
Booker comes out and asks what Show's problem is. Show wants to know who gave Del Rio his hotel information on Monday. Booker denies knowledge of that and says Show is 7 feet tall and anybody could have seen him there. Booker says Show has a match tonight and Show is comically not surprised. Booker says this guy lost his match on RAW and is in a very bad mood, Kane. Show says he's not prepared and it isn't fair. Booker drops his catchphrase and leaves the ring.
- Back from a break as Kofi Kingston makes his entrance followed by Cody Rhodes. During Cody's entrance, they show an inset promo of him talking about his friendship with Damien Sandow and his goals as a singles competitor.
Cody Rhodes vs. Kofi Kingston
Kofi hits an early monkey flip and clotheslines Cody over the top. Back in the ring, Kofi misses in the corner and Cody takes over as he waves to the crowd. Kofi fights back and builds momentum. He hits the Boom Drop and a crossbody out of the corner for 2. They trade counters; Cody hits the Disaster Kick and follows up with Cross Rhodes for the win.
Winner by pin: Cody Rhodes
Cody and his mustache celebrate in the ring.
- Josh sends to footage of Daniel Bryan and Kane's issues at RAW and Main Event.
- We go to Team Hell No in the locker room. Bryan apologizes for costing Kane his match and Kane accepts but tells him to get out. Bryan says he forgives Kane for what he did on Wednesday and offers to be at his side against Big Show tonight. Kane cuts off his rambling they have a little comedy bit about him not making another sound.
- Footage of Mr. McMahon and Brock Lesnar is shown and we are told that Mr. McMahon is home after surgery and resting comfortably. We go to footage of Paul Heyman and Lesnar from MizTV on Monday.
- They talk about media coverage of Bruno Sammartino's induction into the WWE Hall of Fame and segue into the induction package.
Khali vs. Titus O'Neil
Khali takes over with chops in the corner but Titus gets some offense. Khali hits a big chop to the head for the quick win.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.
News And Notes From Mick Foley's "Cheap Pops" WWE Network Taping At Full Sail University
Three More WWE NXT Wrestlers Cut
TNA Impact Wrestling Results: Kurt Angle Defeated, Kong Vs. Terrell, Mickie James' Announcement
WWE Releases Two NXT Wrestlers
WWE Considering Releasing DVDs On Eric Bischoff, Lex Luger, The Dudley Boyz & Other Stars
Drew Galloway Talks About Going From WrestleMania To Smaller Crowds, Wrestling In Scotland
ESPN Win In Wrestling Footage Case Upheld On Appeal
Kevin Nash Says Undertaker Almost Joined WCW In 2000, Scott Hall Rips Chris Jericho, More
Triple H Talks About The Notion That He Buries People, Common Misconceptions In Wrestling
Backstage Update On Daniel Bryan Being Injured, Possibly Missing WWE's Payback Pay-Per-View
** SPOILERS ** WWE NXT Tapings Airing In April And May
Top WWE Star Works With A Bad Fever, WWE Stockholder Meeting, Notes For Tonight's NXT Tapings