WWE SmackDown Results: Final Elimination Chamber Hype, Rock-Punk, Big Show Vs. Jericho
|By Kian Terani | February 15, 2013 | Comments|
Winner by disqualification: Mark Henry
- Mark Henry approaches Matt Striker in the back and takes his mic and says he wants Striker to listen. Henry says he has been home for 9 months and frustrated about his return. He says the Hall of Pain is getting full. He says they want to lock guys up in the Chamber with him and they will have to call the army and National Guard.
- We go to a video for The Shield.
- Layla makes her entrance as we go to break.
- A Fandango vignette runs.
Tamina Snuka vs. Layla
Tamina is in the ring as we return. They go back and forth; Layla uses speed and agility to offset Tamina's strength. Layla butt-butts Tamina out of the ring and hits a dropkick through the ropes. Tamina traps Layla in the apron flap and takes over in the ring. Kaitlyn looks-on in the back. Layla avoids Tamina in the corner and is able to turn things around. Tamina catches Layla in mid-air and hits a Samoan Drop. Tamina drags Layla to the corner and goes up top for a Superfly Splash for the win.
Winner by pin: Tamina
- We go to footage of Punk and Rock's brawl from RAW.
Back from a break as Rock's music blares throughout the arena and he makes his entrance. Rock pauses for the ruckus reception and says he wants to make something perfectly clear to CM Punk. He emphasizes 'Punk.' He says stealing the championship was a trade for 6 days, in return for an ass kicking that will haunt Punk for the rest of his life. Rock continues to rundown Punk and Paul Heyman.
CM Punk and Heyman appear on the Titantron with the title belt. Punk says Rock committed larceny by taking his title in the first place. He reminds Rock that if he gets counted out or disqualified, he loses the title. Rock says Punk talks a big game but his words are worthless. Rock says that on Monday, Punk will wake up and realize that he didn't get the job done. Rock delivers a slow and deliberate, "If you smell what The Rock is cookin'"
- An ad runs for the Best of Nitro Vol. 2. Hogan, Goldberg, and Sting are among the names featured.
Brodus Clay & Tensai vs. Heath Slater & Jinder Mahal
Tensai and Slater start with a dance-off and Slater tries to capitalize with cheap shots. Jinder comes in and jumps into a slam from Tensai. Brodus tags in for clotheslines on Jinder and a fall-away slam. Clay and Tensai hit simultaneous splashes in opposite corners. Brodus hits a splash in the middle of the ring to Jinder for the win.
Winners by pin: Brodus Clay & Tensai
They dance in the ring but are interrupted by The Shield who comes through the crowd. They brawl and Rollins and Ambrose throw Tensai into the steel steps. They stomp Clay in the ring and deliver the triple powerbomb. Ambrose grabs a mic and says that it won't look any different on Sunday. The 3 men go back over the security wall as we go to a commercial.
- Another Fandango vignette runs.
- Cody Rhodes is in the ring as we return. Miz makes his entrance. His left shoulder is heavily taped and we see footage of what Antonio Cesaro did to him on Monday. Josh Mathews says doctors say Miz will be 100% by Sunday.
Cody Rhodes vs. The Miz
Miz favors his arm and Cody takes control. Cody works the taped left arm. JBL says he has respect for Miz for taking this match but says it is not a smart move. Miz tries to come back but Cody goes back to the injury. Miz gets Cody down and applies the Figure-4. Cody taps quickly.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.