|By Kian Terani | February 16, 2013 | Comments|
- The opener runs followed by crowd shots. The voice-over guy says they have a "sick" show in store for us today. That is awfully hip of them. Today, Sheamus takes on Cody Rhodes. But first, Heath Slater vs. Justin Gabriel.
- A video is shown of their history in Nexus and as a tag team, up to their confrontation last week.
- We go to the ring as 3MB makes their entrance. Justin Gabriel is out next. Josh Mathews is on commentary with Dolph Ziggler.
Heath Slater vs. Justin Gabriel
3MB dismiss Gabriel as the bell rings and they play air-guitar in the center of the ring. The ref throws out Drew and Jinder. Justin Gabriel is amused in the corner. Gabriel takes Slater down in an armdrag after some back-and-forth; he ends with some air-guitar and break-dancing. Gabriel resumes control with a drop toe-hold. Slater resumes control on the apron and throws Gabriel to the floor as we go to commercial.
- Heath Slater brings us this week's PSA to not try this at home from inside a dark, empty arena. He says we can play air-guitar but not the moves. He says they have spent years training and are still learning.
- Back to action as Slater plays guitar on Gabriel's body as he has him in an armbar in the ring. Ziggler seems legitimately tickled by Slater's antics on commentary. Gabriel finally finds his groove and builds momentum. Gabriel hits a springboard crossbody for 2. Gabriel lays out Slater and goes up top for the 450 splash for the win.
Winner by pin: Justin Gabriel
- We see a narrated replay and segue into a Cody Rhodes and Sheamus video.
- We go back to the ring as Sheamus makes his way out first. Odd. Cody Rhodes and his mustache make their way to the ring.
Sheamus vs. Cody Rhodes
Cody ducks Sheamus and goes to the floor. He gets back in and Sheamus takes him down with a shoulder but only gets 1. Rhodes connects with a beautiful dropkick but Sheamus has too much power and resumes control. Cody slips out of the ring again as we go to break.
Sheamus slings himself over the top from the apron for a shoulder tackle to Rhodes. Sheamus goes for the mustache and gets 2. Cody moves in the corner and Sheamus flies into the steel post. Cody tosses him to the floor and strokes the 'stache. Sheamus makes it back in and Cody resumes offense. Cody drops Sheamus but we cut to Dolph and Josh; Cody gets 2. Sheamus starts building a comeback but we see Josh and Dolph for a good 4 seconds. Sheamus hits the rolling front Senton for 2.
Sheamus hits White Noise for the win.
Winner by pin: Sheamus
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.
WWE Smackdown Live Coverage, Results, And Your Feedback
WWE Star Lands Role In "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2", San Andreas Projections, USGS On Trailer
Another Wrestler Re-Signs With TNA, Comments From The Wolves
Former WCW Tag Team Champion Signs WWE Legends Deal, Talks Infamous Shockmaster Incident
Kevin Owens Talks Being In Money In The Bank If He Beats John Cena, Most Underrated NXT Talent
ROH COO Joe Koff On If ROH Is In Competition With TNA, Increased Exposure With Destination America
Ronda Rousey Addresses Controversial Bethe Correia Comment, UFC 187 Prelim Viewership, UFN Preview
** SPOILERS ** WWE SmackDown Results For This Week
CM Punk-WWE Shop Update, WWE Hall Of Famer Asks WWE For Retirement Match, Superstar Challenges Celeb
WWE Interested In A Former TNA World Champion?
Top Star Possibly Injured At Last Night's WWE SmackDown Tapings (Updated With Photo)
Possible Reason For Daniel Bryan On Miz TV, Why WWE Pulled Hideo Itami Shirt, Actor Warns WWE Star