TNA Live Event Results From Beckley (2/16) - Bully Ray In Action, Jeff Hardy Defends In A Cage
|By Raj Giri||February 17, 2013 | Comments|
The show started promptly at 7:30 PM. Jeremy Borash rang announced the event introducing Earl Hebner, who came out to chants of "You screwed Bret (Hart)." He pulled off his referee shirt to reveal his own shirt, which read, "Yes, I screwed Bret" to a chorus of boos.
1) Hernandez & Chavo Guerrero defeated Joey Ryan & Matt Morgan. The opener was good, with Morgan having heat. Hernandez & Morgan used their size and strength against each other. Good opener, first chance for Beckley to see Chavo Guerrero live, who signed autographs with Hernandez signed autographs during intermission.
2) TNA Knockouts Title: Tara pinned Velvet Sky with her hands holding the ropes. Good action from start to finish. Sky left Tara laying in the ring after the match with a power bomb.
3) Kurt Angle came out with his two kids to address the fans about the recent ban of wrestling by the IOC. Devon & Wes Brisco attacked him, with Bubba Ray making the save. A challenge was issued by Kurt & Bubba, and Devon & Brisco accepted. Match was great. Devon & Bubba Ray really seem to want to take each others heads off. Kurt pinned Brisco with Suplex slam to win the match.
4) Bobby Roode pinned James Storm after an action filled match. Austin Aries hit Storm to help Roode get the win.
5) TNA World Heavyweight Champion Jeff Hardy defeated Austin Aries via pinfall in a cage match. The match see-sawed back and forth. Both guys are really quick and nearly scaled over the cage. Bobby Roode came to ringside after Aries had collided with referee Brian Hebner. The interference backfired and Hardy pinned Aries after his leap from the top rope.
The crowd was really into the show. The attendance was down from last year's show due to the weather. Est. 2,500. The show closed with hundreds of fans lining up to have their pic with Jeff Hardy with the cage as a backdrop.
Leonard G. Sims II contributed to this article. Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.