|By Kian Terani | February 27, 2013 | Comments|
- The show opens with an Earlier Today as Kaitlyn walks into Cody Rhodes backstage. They have an awkward moment trying to pass each other and Kaitlyn snorts. Sheamus shows up and makes jokes about Cody's mustache. Cody gets irritated and challenges him to a match. Sheamus isn't fazed as he agrees and leaves. Cody says that "tonight the love-stache strikes back." Kaitlyn busts out laughing but catches herself as Cody turns to her and leaves.
- The opening theme plays and we go to crowd shots from Oklahoma, OK. Michael Cole welcomes us to the show and he is joined for the first time on Main Event by Jerry Lawler.
- Sheamus' music hits and he makes his way to the ring as we shots of kids cheering. Cody Rhodes is out next as we see shots of kids booing.
Sheamus vs. Cody Rhodes
They lock up and Sheamus pushes Cody on his butt. They reset and Cody ends up on his butt again. Sheamus hits a shoulderblock and Cody slides out of the ring to regroup. He makes it back in as Sheamus catches his foot and sweeps his other. Sheamus hits a suplex but Cody kicks out.
Cody is able to throw Sheamus through the ropes to the floor. Cody leaps with a crossbody from apron but Sheamus catches him. They mix it up at ringside. Cody hits the Disaster Kick on the apron and lays Sheamus out on the floor as we go to our first break.
- A promo for Old School RAW leads us back to action.
Cody is in control in the ring as he takes Sheamus to the mat. Sheamus fights up but Cody hits a side Russian leg-sweep to take him back down. Rhodes continues to stomp Sheamus as the fans chant for his mustache. Sheamus rolls Cody up for 2 and Cody quickly resumes offense with a dropkick. Cole and Lawler discuss Cody and Kaitlyn's 'relationship.'
Sheamus creates some space with the Irish Curse and he starts to build steam. Sheamus tosses Cody over the rope but Cody holds on and pulls himself back in. Sheamus clotheslines him this time but he still hangs on by one hand. Sheamus finally delivers his forearms spot on the apron and suplexes Rhodes back in the ring. Sheamus goes up top and hits a shoulderblock but Cody still kicks out. Cody moves in the corner and Sheamus goes shoulder-first into the post. Cody hits an unexpected moonsault off the top and covers Sheamus for 2. They go back and forth. Cody hits a knee to the face of a seated Sheamus for 2.
Cody avoids White Noise and a Brogue Kick. He goes for a Disaster Kick but Sheamus ducks. Sheamus hits the Brogue Kick out of the corner for the win.
Winner by pin: Sheamus
- The World's Strongest Man Mark Henry walks in the back toward the ring as we go to break.
- Henry makes his entrance but we don't get the behind-the-back camera angle. They show footage of Henry slamming The Great Khali on RAW. Justin Gabriel makes his entrance.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.
NJPW On AXS Recap (9/4): Okada, Shinsuke Nakamura, Shibata In Action, Taka Michinoku Appears, More
WWE Live Event Results From Hampton (9/4): John Cena Injury?, New Day Defends, Divas, More
John Cena Possibly Injured At Tonight's WWE Live Event
WWE Star Returning To Team With Roman Reigns And Dean Ambrose Against The Wyatt Family?
WWE NXT Tickets Go Quick, Title Matches For Finn Balor, Batista Movie Set Photo, Bob Backlund
Today In History 9/4: CM Punk's 1st Title Win In WWE, 20th Anniversary Of WCW Monday Nitro's Debut
Photos: WWE Hall Of Famer, Bullet Club Members, Former WCW Star Film Parody Movie
Photos: Familiar Face Getting Married To WWE's John Laurinaitis
TNA Announcer Gets Married To TNA Knockout, More On The GFW Vs. TNA Lethal Lockdown Match
Big Title Match Possibly Moved?, WWE Superstar Gets A New Finish, Ringside Or Riot, More
Top Indie Star Reportedly "Rubs People The Wrong Way" After WWE NXT Tryout Match
Steve Austin Critical Of Stephen Amell At WWE SummerSlam, Reveals Why Match Was Embarrassing