Welcome to the WrestlingINC.com WWE Main Event Recap.
- The show opens with an Earlier Today as Kaitlyn walks into Cody Rhodes backstage. They have an awkward moment trying to pass each other and Kaitlyn snorts. Sheamus shows up and makes jokes about Cody's mustache. Cody gets irritated and challenges him to a match. Sheamus isn't fazed as he agrees and leaves. Cody says that "tonight the love-stache strikes back." Kaitlyn busts out laughing but catches herself as Cody turns to her and leaves.
- The opening theme plays and we go to crowd shots from Oklahoma, OK. Michael Cole welcomes us to the show and he is joined for the first time on Main Event by Jerry Lawler.
- Sheamus' music hits and he makes his way to the ring as we shots of kids cheering. Cody Rhodes is out next as we see shots of kids booing.
Sheamus vs. Cody Rhodes
They lock up and Sheamus pushes Cody on his butt. They reset and Cody ends up on his butt again. Sheamus hits a shoulderblock and Cody slides out of the ring to regroup. He makes it back in as Sheamus catches his foot and sweeps his other. Sheamus hits a suplex but Cody kicks out.
Cody is able to throw Sheamus through the ropes to the floor. Cody leaps with a crossbody from apron but Sheamus catches him. They mix it up at ringside. Cody hits the Disaster Kick on the apron and lays Sheamus out on the floor as we go to our first break.
- A promo for Old School RAW leads us back to action.
Cody is in control in the ring as he takes Sheamus to the mat. Sheamus fights up but Cody hits a side Russian leg-sweep to take him back down. Rhodes continues to stomp Sheamus as the fans chant for his mustache. Sheamus rolls Cody up for 2 and Cody quickly resumes offense with a dropkick. Cole and Lawler discuss Cody and Kaitlyn's 'relationship.'
Sheamus creates some space with the Irish Curse and he starts to build steam. Sheamus tosses Cody over the rope but Cody holds on and pulls himself back in. Sheamus clotheslines him this time but he still hangs on by one hand. Sheamus finally delivers his forearms spot on the apron and suplexes Rhodes back in the ring. Sheamus goes up top and hits a shoulderblock but Cody still kicks out. Cody moves in the corner and Sheamus goes shoulder-first into the post. Cody hits an unexpected moonsault off the top and covers Sheamus for 2. They go back and forth. Cody hits a knee to the face of a seated Sheamus for 2.
Cody avoids White Noise and a Brogue Kick. He goes for a Disaster Kick but Sheamus ducks. Sheamus hits the Brogue Kick out of the corner for the win.
Winner by pin: Sheamus
- The World's Strongest Man Mark Henry walks in the back toward the ring as we go to break.
- Henry makes his entrance but we don't get the behind-the-back camera angle. They show footage of Henry slamming The Great Khali on RAW. Justin Gabriel makes his entrance.
Mark Henry vs. Justin Gabriel
Gabriel starts with kicks but Henry tosses him into corner. Henry starts his onslaught. Henry yells at Gabriel, "You like to kick people? I do too!" Gabriel hits the ropes but Henry runs over him. Mark Henry violently sends Gabriel into corner and yells at him to "fly."
Gabriel starts to rock Henry with kicks to the legs and body. Henry catches Gabriel in mid-air and tosses the South African to the apron. Justin Gabriel flips over Henry to get back in the ring. Henry catches Gabriel again and hits a powerslam. Henry drags Gabriel's body to the corner and goes to the 2nd buckle, Gabriel tries to roll out of the way and Henry splashes his back. Henry connects with the World's Strongest Slam for the win.
Winner by pin: Mark Henry
Henry taunts the fans and the world in general as he yells, "Who else wants some?" back up the ramp.
- We see shots of the arena as we return from a commercial. Cole sends to a Ryback video package.
- Cody Rhodes is upset in the back as he starts to trash some equipment. He sees Kaitlyn standing in the near distance behind him. She approaches him and he says hi. She manages, "The mustache doesn't give up." They have another awkward moment and Kaitlyn leaves, embarrassed. Cody starts to stop her but then stops himself. I hope that made sense readers.
- We go back ringside as Cole and Lawler send to the RAW Rebound. We see the Vince-Heyman highlight followed by Hunter-Lesnar in glorious crimson-less black and white. We see HHH's Tout taunting Brock Lesnar.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.