|By Kian Terani | March 01, 2013 | Comments|
- Earlier Today: Kenny King leads the camera crew to Rob Van Dam's locker room. He wants RVD to admit King is better. RVD grants him a match tonight for the title to settle it once and for all. But if King loses, he's out of the X-Division.
- Austin Aries makes his way to the ring followed by Hernandez. Taz has joined commentary and says he had some business to take care of.
Austin Aries vs. Hernandez
Aries ducks in the corner but comes out to play. Hernandez armdrags him out of the ring. Aries hits a shoulderblock off the apron but Hernandez overpowers him again. Aries uses Hernandez' own momentum to send him to the floor and follows up with a suicide dive. Aries hits a double axe-handle off the top and takes the action back inside.
Aries misses with a Frogsplash off the top and Hernandez takes over. Hernandez knocks Aries out of the ring like a rag doll. Aries starts to leave but Hernandez brings him back in. Aries hits Hernandez in face with a chain of some sort behind the ref's back for the win.
Winner by pin: Austin Aries
- Sting feeds Joseph Park ribs in the office and asks if he now knows what a 'rib' is. Sting sees Matt Morgan walk by and stops him. He offers Morgan to join Team TNA. Morgan doesn't want anything to do with Hulk Hogan.
- Rob Van Dam is introduced as we return. Kenny King is in the ring.
TNA X-Division Championship: Rob Van Dam (c) vs. Kenny King
They go back and forth and RVD hits a beautiful German Suplex as King takes a breather in the corner. King dropkicks RVD out of the ring but misses with the corkscrew. RVD lands a kick to the face and comes off the apron with a spin kick as we go to break.
King has taken back control in the ring as we return to action. RVD gets a boot up in the corner and makes a comeback. RVD hits Rolling Thunder and goes up top. He waits way too long talking to the ref and pointing to himself and misses with the 450 splash. King quickly covers RVD referee Hebner seems to botch the count but the match goes on. King hits the Royal Flush for the win.
Winner by pin And New X-Division Champion: Kenny King
King celebrates up the ramp.
- Kurt Angle wants to see Sting's list in the back. He notes a name on the list and asks Sting if he's sure. Sting says, "Desperate times call for desperate measures."
- We see footage of Aces & 8's attack on Hulk Hogan last week. They show a picture of Hogan's knee surgery. It is pretty gnarly.
- The unmasked members of Aces & 8's come to the ring. Devon takes the mic. He says there is no team that can measure up to them. Sting's music hits and he comes on the stage. Sting introduces the first member of his team, Samoa Joe. James Storm is out next. Sting introduces his 3rd teammate, Magnus. Sting says, "It's Show Time!" as Eric Young appears in the ring and they all brawl. Team TNA stands tall in the ring.
- Ivelise Felez warms-up in the back as we go to a video package for her. She is in tonight's Gut Check.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.
WWE 205 Live Star Returns, The New Day Appears On Talking Smack (Video), SmackDown Commercial News
Matt Hardy Responds To Impact Wrestling President Leaking His Contract Details
Rusev Teases WWE SmackDown Appearance, New Video For Lana's Debut, The New Day's Return
WWE Talking Smack Recap (5/23): The New Day Join The Show, SmackDown Women's Champion Naomi, More
Injured Star Accidentally Appears On RAW (Video), Fatal 5 Way On WWE SmackDown Next Week, RAW Promo
WWE 205 Live Results (5/23): Kendrick-Tozawa Streetfight, Cedric Alexander Returns And More
Impact Wrestling President Releases Portion Of Matt Hardy's Contract, Reby Hardy Sends Threats
Ten-Man WWE SmackDown Dark Match, Jinder Mahal Gets His WWE Title Plates (Video), Erick Rowan Lurks
WWE Monday Night RAW Results - Paul Heyman Returns, Elias Samson Debuts, Tag Team Main Event, More
Why New WWE Star Had To Change Finisher, CM Punk Gets Heated With Cast Member, Triple H
Goldberg On If He Would Return To WWE For Another Run, Which Current WWE Stars He Would Like To Face
Jinder Mahal On When He Found Out He Was Winning WWE Title, Vince McMahon's Reaction, Brock Lesnar
Backstage News On Low Attendance At WWE Backlash
Jinder Mahal Talks WWE Release, Who He Rides With, Getting Offer From Impact Before Returning, 3MB
Possible WWE SmackDown Feud, The Singh Brothers Injury Note, WWE Backlash Slow Motion Video
WWE SmackDown Results - Shinsuke Nakamura & AJ Styles Team, Jinder Mahal Celebrates, The Usos, More