|By Kian Terani | March 01, 2013 | Comments|
- Earlier Today: Kenny King leads the camera crew to Rob Van Dam's locker room. He wants RVD to admit King is better. RVD grants him a match tonight for the title to settle it once and for all. But if King loses, he's out of the X-Division.
- Austin Aries makes his way to the ring followed by Hernandez. Taz has joined commentary and says he had some business to take care of.
Austin Aries vs. Hernandez
Aries ducks in the corner but comes out to play. Hernandez armdrags him out of the ring. Aries hits a shoulderblock off the apron but Hernandez overpowers him again. Aries uses Hernandez' own momentum to send him to the floor and follows up with a suicide dive. Aries hits a double axe-handle off the top and takes the action back inside.
Aries misses with a Frogsplash off the top and Hernandez takes over. Hernandez knocks Aries out of the ring like a rag doll. Aries starts to leave but Hernandez brings him back in. Aries hits Hernandez in face with a chain of some sort behind the ref's back for the win.
Winner by pin: Austin Aries
- Sting feeds Joseph Park ribs in the office and asks if he now knows what a 'rib' is. Sting sees Matt Morgan walk by and stops him. He offers Morgan to join Team TNA. Morgan doesn't want anything to do with Hulk Hogan.
- Rob Van Dam is introduced as we return. Kenny King is in the ring.
TNA X-Division Championship: Rob Van Dam (c) vs. Kenny King
They go back and forth and RVD hits a beautiful German Suplex as King takes a breather in the corner. King dropkicks RVD out of the ring but misses with the corkscrew. RVD lands a kick to the face and comes off the apron with a spin kick as we go to break.
King has taken back control in the ring as we return to action. RVD gets a boot up in the corner and makes a comeback. RVD hits Rolling Thunder and goes up top. He waits way too long talking to the ref and pointing to himself and misses with the 450 splash. King quickly covers RVD referee Hebner seems to botch the count but the match goes on. King hits the Royal Flush for the win.
Winner by pin And New X-Division Champion: Kenny King
King celebrates up the ramp.
- Kurt Angle wants to see Sting's list in the back. He notes a name on the list and asks Sting if he's sure. Sting says, "Desperate times call for desperate measures."
- We see footage of Aces & 8's attack on Hulk Hogan last week. They show a picture of Hogan's knee surgery. It is pretty gnarly.
- The unmasked members of Aces & 8's come to the ring. Devon takes the mic. He says there is no team that can measure up to them. Sting's music hits and he comes on the stage. Sting introduces the first member of his team, Samoa Joe. James Storm is out next. Sting introduces his 3rd teammate, Magnus. Sting says, "It's Show Time!" as Eric Young appears in the ring and they all brawl. Team TNA stands tall in the ring.
- Ivelise Felez warms-up in the back as we go to a video package for her. She is in tonight's Gut Check.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.
Breaking News: WWE Superstar's Boyfriend Found Dead At 26
Steve Austin On Other Wrestlers Using The Stone Cold Stunner, NXT Stars Air Hockey (Video), WWE Shop
Samoa Joe On Which ROH Stars WWE Should Sign, Jason Jordan's Face Bruised (Photo), TV Star At RAW
Mae Young Classic Star On If Intergender Wrestling Encourages Domestic Violence, MYC Body Art Video
Sean Waltman On WWE Losing Austin Aries, Tony Schiavone Returns To Commentary, Waltman Seminar
Former NXT Star On Poor Fan Response To CWC Match, Wrestling Bigger Stars, "Babysitting" Wrestlers
News For Tonight's WWE SmackDown And 205 Live - SummerSlam Fallout, Title Match, New Champions
Young Bucks Win ROH Titles (Photo), Kenny Omega To Defend US Title, Michael Elgin Vs. Naito (Video)
WWE SummerSlam Results - Several New Champions, Big Fatal 4 Way Main Event, Shawn Michaels, More
WWE Monday Night RAW Results - Brock Lesnar Destroyed, John Cena Returns To RAW, SummerSlam Fallout
Backstage News On Heat On Two WWE Superstars
Former WWE Star Backstage At SummerSlam (Photo), Roman Reigns' Poor Post-Mania Stat, John Cena - NBC
WWE Announces RAW Injury To Big Cass
News On Roster Changes And NXT Call-Ups: WWE High On NXT Star, Top Star Switching Brands, More
Former WWE Star Rips Triple H On Social Media
Potential Major Spoiler For Tonight's WWE RAW