WWE Saturday Morning Slam Recap - Search For GM, Cesaro Vs. Gabriel, Daniel Bryan & More
|By Kian Terani | March 02, 2013 | Comments|
- The opening graphic runs and we are told by our narrator that Booker T will announce a General Manager for the show today. We see clips of past 'bosses' including AJ, Stone Cold, Stephanie McMahon, and Mick Foley.
- We go to the ring for Damien Sandow's entrance. He cuts a promo on his way to the ring and says there are rumors that Booker T needs help in finding a GM for SMS. He says this position needs wisdom, intelligence, and patience. He silences the crowd and says that man is Damien Sandow.
We cut to Josh Mathews at ringside. Cody Rhodes is applauding on color commentary. Zack Ryder makes his entrance and cuts a promo too. He says Sandow as the GM would be the 'No Fun Zone.' He says this show deserves a party everyday. He throws his name into the hat for consideration.
Damien Sandow vs. Zack Ryder
Sandow gets out of an armbar and takes Ryder to the mat and gloats. Ryder comes back with a near-fall and an armdrag. Sandow complains in the corner as we go to break.
- Little Jimmy and R-Truth bring us this week's PSA to not try this at home.
- Sandow brings Ryder in off the apron with a suplex as we return to action. Cody continues to show his approval. Sandow connects with the Elbow of Disdain but we see Cody rise and clap instead. Ryder kicks out and Sandow complains. Ryder starts to come back and hits a missile dropkick out of the corner. Ryder drops Sandow in the corner in preparation of the Broski Boot and Cody gets on the apron to provide distraction. Sandow rolls Ryder up from behind and grabs the tights for the win.
Winner by pin: Damien Sandow
Sandow does a cartwheel on the stage.
- Back from a break as Sandow approaches an irritated Booker in his office about the GM position. Ryder interrupts followed by Dolph Ziggler with AJ and Big E. Ziggler says they are wasting their time because he and AJ will be co-GM. Natalya enters in her power suit and says the show does need a woman's touch but should be her. Enter, R-Truth, presumably with Little Jimmy. They all argue and are interrupted by, "NO! NO! NO!" Daniel Bryan points at all of them with his slicked hair and says, "NO!" He asks, "Should the Dazzler Daniel Bryan be the GM? YES! YES! YES!" Everyone goes back to arguing as Bryan screams and Booker T escapes from the madness.
- Saturday Morning Spotlight: Antonio Cesaro
We see highlights of the future main-event star featuring him hitting The Great Khali with the Gotch-Style Neutralizer.
- We go to the ring for Cesaro's entrance; he has the American flag with him. Justin Gabriel makes his entrance.
Antonio Cesaro vs. Justin Gabriel
Cesaro tries to ground Gabriel early, and does. Gabriel does a series of aerial counters as we cut to Josh. Gabriel rolls Cesaro up for 2. Gabriel comes off the 2nd buckle with a hurricanrana to Cesaro. Cesaro falls to the floor; Gabriel hits a corkscrew to the outside as we go to break.
Gabriel hits a shoulder from the apron and sunset flips over Cesaro into the ring. Cesaro waves his arms for several seconds as he tries to keep his balance and grab the ropes. He finally finds his footing and reaches down between his legs and grabs Gabriel by the throat and pulls him up into a belly-to-belly suplex. Cesaro hits a gutwrench but Gabriel kicks out. Cesaro puts Gabriel on his right shoulder in a sort of a torture rack. Gabriel wiggles free and hits a bulldog. Gabriel catches Cesaro's foot and sweeps the other leg. He hits a standing moonsault to Cesaro and a running splash in the corner.
Gabriel hits a head-scissors takedown and Cesaro falls out of the ring. Gabriel hits a beautiful moonsault from the apron to Cesaro on the floor. They use the same cool camera angle from last week, underneath Gabriel as he flies through the air. Gabriel sends Cesaro back in and hits a crossbody off the top. Gabriel goes to the opposite corner for the 450 but Cesaro gets up from the mat. Gabriel lands on his feet and hits the ropes but Cesaro launches him in the air and hits that fantastic looking Mortal Kombat Fatality-esque uppercut. Unfortunately, we only get to see Josh and Cody's reaction at ringside. Cesaro adjusts his neck and hits the Neutralizer for the win.
Winner by pin: Antonio Cesaro
Cesaro celebrates in the ring as Josh Mathews signs-off.
- A "CW Vortex Exclusive" promo runs after the show with superstars declaring that he/she deserves to be the GM. "Battle for Boss" is the tagline. We are encouraged to tune in next week as the search for the General Manager continues.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.