|By Kian Terani | March 09, 2013 | Comments|
- We open this morning with an ominous video package for the selection of General Manager of the show. It's very well done and makes this whole thing seem like a really big deal.
- We go backstage with Teddy Long and Natalya. Teddy tells her that he and Booker T are very pleased with her as an interviewer on the show. Natalya she wants to run things and Teddy tells her that she is being considered. AJ interrupts and says she used to run RAW. Teddy says they can settle their differences in the ring this morning.
- We go to the ring as AJ makes her entrance and Josh Mathews and Dolph Ziggler on commentary welcome us to the show. Natalya is out next.
AJ Lee vs. Natalya
AJ and Natalya have some light-hearted back and forth. AJ hits the mat for Natalya to jump over her but Natalya lies down next to her and we get several shots of Dolph and Josh.
Instant Reaction: That would mean that two girls lying face-down next to each other in the context of a wrestling match is too risque for the Saturday morning crowd. Natalya has apparently solved the wardrobe problem from her appearances from weeks prior as she has an extra piece of fabric across her top, covering her chest better. However, Kevin Dunn should also change the way he has his camera people shoot the show so they don't have to cut to the announcers every week in post production or they are going to have to figure out a better way of booking the matches.
AJ does a head scissors takedown and rolls Natalya up for 2. AJ skips around Natalya but Natalya catches her with a shoulder block. AJ recovers and works Natalya over on the mat. AJ does a bridge like Dolph and Ziggler comments that he taught her that. Natalya comes back and looks for the Sharpshooter but AJ blocks. Natalya rolls her up a couple of times but AJ keeps kicking out. AJ hits an off-camera double boot out of the corner and goes up top for a crossbody. Natalya rolls-through and pins AJ.
Winner by pin: Natalya
Ziggler leaves commentary to console AJ in the ring.
- We see clips of previous WWE "Head Honchos" in storylines: Roddy Piper, Stone Cold, Stephanie, Mick Foley, and HBK. No sign or mention of Jack Tunney or Ric Flair; or Sgt. Slaughter or Gorilla Monsoon. I think they pretty much covered the rest. Although there are the better-forgotten ones like Mike Adamle.
- We see a video package for Daniel Bryan, "The Dazzler" and he gives and interview in the back. Bryan says he wants to be the GM because the authority figure on this show must be even-tempered and intelligent. He licks his hand and slicks back his hair and strokes his beard and adds, "well groomed." He says his decisions will always be 'YES!' or 'NO!', never 'maybe.' Wade Barrett interrupts with a 'yes', 'no', and 'maybe' question each bascially saying he will beat Bryan later. Bryan says, "That guy needs a hug."
- Wade Barret makes his entrance as we see that Kane has joined Josh on commentary. Kane says Bryan begged him to be out here. Daniel Bryan makes his entrance as we go to break.
Daniel Bryan vs. Wade Barrett
Barrett scoop slams Bryan off the bat. Kane says if he was GM he would change the color scheme to red and black and have an inferno match. That is actually hilarious given the show and per my earlier rant. Josh says he doesn't think we'll see that. Bryan comes back and works the arm of Barrett. Bryan hits a nice dropkick and Barrett goes out to regroup. Kane gets up from is seat and Wade prefers to go back in the ring instead. Kane says Daniel has validation issues. Barrett hits a side slam off-camera as we go to break.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.
Did Brock Lesnar And The Fallout From WWE MSG Help This Week's RAW Viewership?
Stipulation Expected For WWE Hell In A Cell, Ted DiBiase Doc Moving Forward?, NXT - Komen
Notes From Triple H's "NXT TakeOver: Respect" Media Call: Finn Balor - TNA, Working With NJPW, Vince
Fedor's Rumored Opponent, UFC Champion Leaves Major Camp, UFC Rankings Movement
Bayley Talks Current WWE NXT Divas Division, Who She Wants After Sasha Banks, Eva Marie, More
Bill Apter Gives His Theory On Chris Benoit Tragedy, Thinks Benoit Was Involved In Mob-Style Murder
Dixie Carter To Make Another Announcement, EC3 - Matt Hardy Storyline Update, The Question Mark
WWE Monday Night RAW Results - John Cena Defends, Brock Lesnar - Big Show, Team BAD, Kane, More
TNA Bound For Glory Results - New Champion Crowned, Ultimate X, Kurt Angle, Knockouts, More
Backstage Notes On John Cena's Time Off And Return, Speculation On WWE Pushing Dean Ambrose
Former TNA Star Says He's Talking With WWE
CM Punk Calls Susan G. Komen "A Scam", Brock Lesnar, "Cryptic" Message From Adam Rose