|By Kian Terani | March 09, 2013 | Comments|
- We open this morning with an ominous video package for the selection of General Manager of the show. It's very well done and makes this whole thing seem like a really big deal.
- We go backstage with Teddy Long and Natalya. Teddy tells her that he and Booker T are very pleased with her as an interviewer on the show. Natalya she wants to run things and Teddy tells her that she is being considered. AJ interrupts and says she used to run RAW. Teddy says they can settle their differences in the ring this morning.
- We go to the ring as AJ makes her entrance and Josh Mathews and Dolph Ziggler on commentary welcome us to the show. Natalya is out next.
AJ Lee vs. Natalya
AJ and Natalya have some light-hearted back and forth. AJ hits the mat for Natalya to jump over her but Natalya lies down next to her and we get several shots of Dolph and Josh.
Instant Reaction: That would mean that two girls lying face-down next to each other in the context of a wrestling match is too risque for the Saturday morning crowd. Natalya has apparently solved the wardrobe problem from her appearances from weeks prior as she has an extra piece of fabric across her top, covering her chest better. However, Kevin Dunn should also change the way he has his camera people shoot the show so they don't have to cut to the announcers every week in post production or they are going to have to figure out a better way of booking the matches.
AJ does a head scissors takedown and rolls Natalya up for 2. AJ skips around Natalya but Natalya catches her with a shoulder block. AJ recovers and works Natalya over on the mat. AJ does a bridge like Dolph and Ziggler comments that he taught her that. Natalya comes back and looks for the Sharpshooter but AJ blocks. Natalya rolls her up a couple of times but AJ keeps kicking out. AJ hits an off-camera double boot out of the corner and goes up top for a crossbody. Natalya rolls-through and pins AJ.
Winner by pin: Natalya
Ziggler leaves commentary to console AJ in the ring.
- We see clips of previous WWE "Head Honchos" in storylines: Roddy Piper, Stone Cold, Stephanie, Mick Foley, and HBK. No sign or mention of Jack Tunney or Ric Flair; or Sgt. Slaughter or Gorilla Monsoon. I think they pretty much covered the rest. Although there are the better-forgotten ones like Mike Adamle.
- We see a video package for Daniel Bryan, "The Dazzler" and he gives and interview in the back. Bryan says he wants to be the GM because the authority figure on this show must be even-tempered and intelligent. He licks his hand and slicks back his hair and strokes his beard and adds, "well groomed." He says his decisions will always be 'YES!' or 'NO!', never 'maybe.' Wade Barrett interrupts with a 'yes', 'no', and 'maybe' question each bascially saying he will beat Bryan later. Bryan says, "That guy needs a hug."
- Wade Barret makes his entrance as we see that Kane has joined Josh on commentary. Kane says Bryan begged him to be out here. Daniel Bryan makes his entrance as we go to break.
Daniel Bryan vs. Wade Barrett
Barrett scoop slams Bryan off the bat. Kane says if he was GM he would change the color scheme to red and black and have an inferno match. That is actually hilarious given the show and per my earlier rant. Josh says he doesn't think we'll see that. Bryan comes back and works the arm of Barrett. Bryan hits a nice dropkick and Barrett goes out to regroup. Kane gets up from is seat and Wade prefers to go back in the ring instead. Kane says Daniel has validation issues. Barrett hits a side slam off-camera as we go to break.
Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.
CM Punk, Jim Ross, The Bella Twins, Kevin Owens And Others React To Roddy Piper's Passing
Cyndi Lauper Comments On Passing Of Longtime Rival, Roddy Piper
WWE Superstars Recap (7/31): King Barrett Vs. Jack Swagger, Bo Dallas Vs. R-Truth
Stephanie McMahon, Dixie Carter, Shawn Michaels And More Stars React To Roddy Piper Passing Away
Steve Austin Comments On Roddy Piper's Death, Bruce Prichard Says Piper Called Him Last Night
Triple H, AJ Lee, Kurt Angle, Bill DeMott And More Stars On The Passing Of Roddy Piper
More Stars Comment On The Passing Of Roddy Piper
Breaking News: "Rowdy" Roddy Piper Dead At 61, Past Comments From Piper Regarding His Health
Rob Van Dam Confirms His WWE Status, Comments On Possibly Retiring From The Ring
Bray Wyatt's Sister Reportedly Gets A WWE Tryout
Backstage Update On Sting And WWE SummerSlam, Why WWE Wanted Sting On Roman Reigns' Team, More
John Cena Undergoes Surgery, Why Match Was Nixed On WWE SmackDown