|By Raj Giri||March 11, 2013 | Comments|
The show started off with an excellent Paul Bearer tribute video. Hopefully they show this on Raw.
- The opening match was a 6-man tag featuring John Cena, Ryback and Sheamus vs. The Shield. The Shield got long stints in the ring working over both Cena and Ryback. The match turned when Sheamus got in. Rollins used a steel chair to cause The Shield to be disqualified. The match ended with Cena hitting the AA on Ambrose, Sheamus catching Reigns with the Brogue Kick and Ryback delivering Shell Shocked to Rollins.
- Up next was CM Punk vs. Zack Ryder. Ryder literally got in no offense and was defeated with the GTS in about 2 minutes. Punk pinned Ryder by crossing his arms over his chest. Punk then cut a promo talking about how he will be the man who ends the streak.
- The next match was Alex Riley vs. Michael McGillicutty. Great back and forth match which A-Ry won with some sort of spinning neckbreaker drop. A move similar to John Morrison's old Moonlight Drive or whatever it was called.
- Bray Wyatt was out next and cut an excellent promo. His opponent was JTG. Wyatt won the match with the move Mike Knox used to finish opponents with. Wyatt has a ton of potential.
- Brodus Clay and Tensai defeated Heath Slater and Drew McIntyre of 3MB with their double splash finish. This match featured a lot of theatrics for the crowd and Naomi even got involved, hitting a hurricanrana on Slater that led to the double splash.
- The Miz faced Titus O'Neil in the next match. This one saw Titus in control for the majority, but The Miz was eventually able to win by submission with the Figure 4.
- Vickie Guerrero came out next to introduce her "newest protégé" Tamina. She guaranteed she would become Divas champion. Tamina challenged Kaitlyn for the title but was defeated by Kaitlyn and her spear.
- In the main event of the night, Dolph Ziggler took on Chris Jericho. The fans were allowed to vote for the stipulation in this one by either text or tweet. The choices were 2 out of 3 Falls or No DQs. Guess which one won?
No DQs got 69% of the vote and the two men put on a great match. Jericho got the crowd to chant "AJ's crazy" which kept the fans occupied for far too long. Eventually, AJ was booted from ringside. Big E. tried to interfere numerous times but Jericho was able to overcome it all and put Ziggler away with the Code Breaker after hitting him with the Money in the Bank briefcase.
4. The Miz
1. CM Punk (especially when he knocked Undertaker)
2. Vickie Guerrero
3. The Shield
Travis Wakeman contributed to this article. Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.
Backstage News On Brock Lesnar Working House Show In Japan, WWE Stars Sing HBK's Theme Song
Today In Wrestling History 5/29: WWF Shoots Rock & Wrestling Connection Angle, NWA Invades NY, More
Shelton Benjamin Says He Recently Negotiated With TNA; Explains Why He Didn't Sign, Maybe Going
Ric Flair Hypes Event, Goldberg, Jesse Ventura Film, Molly Holly On Madusa In WWE HOF, Mick Foley
Kevin Owens Talks Developing A Relationship With Triple H, Importance Of John Cena Match, RAW Debut
Bob Ryder Comments On Why TNA Star Has Signed Three New Contracts In Just Over A Year
WWE Main Event Results (5/29): Neville Vs. Adam Rose, Nikki Bella, Prime Time Players In Action
WWE Interested In A Former TNA World Champion?
Brock Lesnar Returning To WWE Television
Top Star Possibly Injured At Last Night's WWE SmackDown Tapings (Updated With Photo)
Possible Replacement For Rusev At WWE Elimination Chamber, Backstage Notes On His Injury
Brock Lesnar Working First House Show In Eleven Years, Opponent Revealed