|By Raj Giri||March 11, 2013 | Comments|
The show started off with an excellent Paul Bearer tribute video. Hopefully they show this on Raw.
- The opening match was a 6-man tag featuring John Cena, Ryback and Sheamus vs. The Shield. The Shield got long stints in the ring working over both Cena and Ryback. The match turned when Sheamus got in. Rollins used a steel chair to cause The Shield to be disqualified. The match ended with Cena hitting the AA on Ambrose, Sheamus catching Reigns with the Brogue Kick and Ryback delivering Shell Shocked to Rollins.
- Up next was CM Punk vs. Zack Ryder. Ryder literally got in no offense and was defeated with the GTS in about 2 minutes. Punk pinned Ryder by crossing his arms over his chest. Punk then cut a promo talking about how he will be the man who ends the streak.
- The next match was Alex Riley vs. Michael McGillicutty. Great back and forth match which A-Ry won with some sort of spinning neckbreaker drop. A move similar to John Morrison's old Moonlight Drive or whatever it was called.
- Bray Wyatt was out next and cut an excellent promo. His opponent was JTG. Wyatt won the match with the move Mike Knox used to finish opponents with. Wyatt has a ton of potential.
- Brodus Clay and Tensai defeated Heath Slater and Drew McIntyre of 3MB with their double splash finish. This match featured a lot of theatrics for the crowd and Naomi even got involved, hitting a hurricanrana on Slater that led to the double splash.
- The Miz faced Titus O'Neil in the next match. This one saw Titus in control for the majority, but The Miz was eventually able to win by submission with the Figure 4.
- Vickie Guerrero came out next to introduce her "newest protégé" Tamina. She guaranteed she would become Divas champion. Tamina challenged Kaitlyn for the title but was defeated by Kaitlyn and her spear.
- In the main event of the night, Dolph Ziggler took on Chris Jericho. The fans were allowed to vote for the stipulation in this one by either text or tweet. The choices were 2 out of 3 Falls or No DQs. Guess which one won?
No DQs got 69% of the vote and the two men put on a great match. Jericho got the crowd to chant "AJ's crazy" which kept the fans occupied for far too long. Eventually, AJ was booted from ringside. Big E. tried to interfere numerous times but Jericho was able to overcome it all and put Ziggler away with the Code Breaker after hitting him with the Money in the Bank briefcase.
4. The Miz
1. CM Punk (especially when he knocked Undertaker)
2. Vickie Guerrero
3. The Shield
Travis Wakeman contributed to this article. Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.
** LIVE SPOILERS ** For This Week's WWE Main Event
WWE Tough Enough Live Viewing Party
Triple H Hypes Seth Rollins On Tough Enough, RAW Ratings Reminder, WWE And Periscope, Top 10
Spoilers On The Current Paige Vs. Team Bella Storyline And Plans For WWE SummerSlam
Samoa Joe Trains With Former WWE Champion, Tough Enough Talents Test WWE Knowledge, Natalya, Stock
Chyna Talks Last Time She Spoke To Vince, If HHH Allegations Hurt HOF Chances, IC Title Reign, More
Former WWE Women's Champion Announced For Global Force Wrestling, NWA Champion Starts With WWE
WWE Monday Night RAW Results - John Cena Defends, Brock Lesnar Destroys A Car, More
Chyna Talks About The Last Time She Saw Triple H, What Happened During Her Trip To WWE Headquarters
Randy Orton Gets Engaged, Brock Lesnar's Most Unusual Opponents, Total Divas Preview
Fan Hit By Car Door During WWE RAW Angle
Jim Ross Blogs About Rumored Backstage Problems With WWE Superstar, EC3 Winning TNA Title