|By Raj Giri||March 11, 2013 | Comments|
The show started off with an excellent Paul Bearer tribute video. Hopefully they show this on Raw.
- The opening match was a 6-man tag featuring John Cena, Ryback and Sheamus vs. The Shield. The Shield got long stints in the ring working over both Cena and Ryback. The match turned when Sheamus got in. Rollins used a steel chair to cause The Shield to be disqualified. The match ended with Cena hitting the AA on Ambrose, Sheamus catching Reigns with the Brogue Kick and Ryback delivering Shell Shocked to Rollins.
- Up next was CM Punk vs. Zack Ryder. Ryder literally got in no offense and was defeated with the GTS in about 2 minutes. Punk pinned Ryder by crossing his arms over his chest. Punk then cut a promo talking about how he will be the man who ends the streak.
- The next match was Alex Riley vs. Michael McGillicutty. Great back and forth match which A-Ry won with some sort of spinning neckbreaker drop. A move similar to John Morrison's old Moonlight Drive or whatever it was called.
- Bray Wyatt was out next and cut an excellent promo. His opponent was JTG. Wyatt won the match with the move Mike Knox used to finish opponents with. Wyatt has a ton of potential.
- Brodus Clay and Tensai defeated Heath Slater and Drew McIntyre of 3MB with their double splash finish. This match featured a lot of theatrics for the crowd and Naomi even got involved, hitting a hurricanrana on Slater that led to the double splash.
- The Miz faced Titus O'Neil in the next match. This one saw Titus in control for the majority, but The Miz was eventually able to win by submission with the Figure 4.
- Vickie Guerrero came out next to introduce her "newest protégé" Tamina. She guaranteed she would become Divas champion. Tamina challenged Kaitlyn for the title but was defeated by Kaitlyn and her spear.
- In the main event of the night, Dolph Ziggler took on Chris Jericho. The fans were allowed to vote for the stipulation in this one by either text or tweet. The choices were 2 out of 3 Falls or No DQs. Guess which one won?
No DQs got 69% of the vote and the two men put on a great match. Jericho got the crowd to chant "AJ's crazy" which kept the fans occupied for far too long. Eventually, AJ was booted from ringside. Big E. tried to interfere numerous times but Jericho was able to overcome it all and put Ziggler away with the Code Breaker after hitting him with the Money in the Bank briefcase.
4. The Miz
1. CM Punk (especially when he knocked Undertaker)
2. Vickie Guerrero
3. The Shield
Travis Wakeman contributed to this article. Got a news tip or correction? Send it to us by clicking here.
Iron Man Magazine Profiles Kaitlyn, Billy Corgan Purchases Video Archive, ESPN Takes Shot At Corgan
Damien Sandow Thanks The WWE Universe, JR On How He's Been Living Healthier, Tough Enough Videos
Former TNA Star Not Interested In A Return, Update On Impact Viewership, Hardcore Justice, Corgan
Popular Indie Women's Wrestler Works WWE NXT, Bill DeMott Hoping For An Update On His Future
What Happened After Last Night's WWE RAW With Seth Rollins And J&J Security
Damien Sandow Continues Imitation Game, Renee Young's New WWE Show, Rusev, King Of The Ring
WWE Stars Talk King Of The Ring On Fallout, Tonight's WWE Tapings, Alex Riley, New WWE Merchandise
WWE Extreme Rules Results - Randy Orton Vs. Seth Rollins, Cena Vs. Rusev, Title Change, Bo Dallas
CM Punk Comments On Wrestling Again, New Projects, AJ Pregnancy Rumors, Awkward Matches, More
AWA Legend And WWE Hall Of Famer Verne Gagne Passes Away
WWE Monday Night RAW Results - King Of The Ring, Tag Team Main Event, Sandow, More
Dolph Ziggler Teasing Leaving WWE?